46 coaches online • Server time: 23:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Hovring

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2020 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand the bb2020 rules for kick team mate as you:
    1) don't need st5 like you do with throw team mate
    2) use passing stat and can use passing skills for kick team mate.

Am I mistaking? or do you interpret the rules in the same way?

I'm asking because I want to be 100% sure since I am using st4 ttm players in my private league where I am planning for bb2020. An easy fix would be to replace ttm with kick team mate.

Kick Team-mate
Once per team turn, in addition to another player performing either a Pass or a Throw Team-mate action, a single player with this Trait on the active team can perform a 'Kick Team-mate' Special action and attempt to kick a Standing team-mate with the Right Stuff trait that is in a square adjacent to them

To perform a Kick Team-mate Special action, follow the rules for Throw Team-mates action as described on page 52.
riktikticheck

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2020 - 07:58 Reply with quote Back to top

1 yeah, there is no stat requirement to kicking, but as it is a trait, only those that have it innately, can get it.

2 Yes, as it is resolved as a TTM action, the same skills can be used as in the normal circumstances.

So as far as I have understood the rules, this swap is ok, although a bit of a boost, because you can pass on the same turn, so making that one turn play is easier.
sebco

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2020 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree on 1 (no stat requirement for Kick Team Mate, you only need that trait) but disagree on 2.

In my opinion, PA is used to Kick Team Mate (as to Throw Team Mate) but no passing skills can be used to Throw Team Mate nor Kick Team Mate in BB 2020. All passing skills refer to Pass action not to Throw Team Mate actions nor Kick Team Mate special actions. Then, there is one strength skill refering to Throw Team Mate action (Strong Arm) and rules don't say it can be used for Kick Team Mate special action.

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2020 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

sebco wrote:
In my opinion, PA is used to Kick Team Mate (as to Throw Team Mate) but no passing skills can be used to Throw Team Mate nor Kick Team Mate in BB 2020. All passing skills refer to Pass action not to Throw Team Mate actions nor Kick Team Mate special actions. Then, there is one strength skill refering to Throw Team Mate action (Strong Arm) and rules don't say it can be used for Kick Team Mate special action.

I never read it like that, but I think you are right after reading the rules again.
HarrytheHammer

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2022 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

After contemplating this deeply for the past two years, and following many matches IRL replete with Ogres, beer, and general snotling-based shenanigans and death, KTM with Strong Arm is both a wonderful combo and almost universally accepted as acceptable (imagine that) in all games I've played.

I have found that the use of KTM is vastly underutilized as a tactical option but holy nuffle is it fun and entertaining when you can both throw AND kick a gnoblar into a cage BEFORE you send in Bertha the Big Blitzing Ogre to smash face (or pick her nose)

...also worth noting that if you happen to have hired Bomber as a Star player...there are very few cages that can survive a bomb, two snotling missiles, and a blitzing Ogre...
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2022 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely Strong Arm doesn't work with KTM
You can't even select Strong Arm if you don't have TTM

I did see a remarkable Ogre TD in the recent Fumbbl Cup where the snotling travelled almost the length of the pitch in one turn, via TTM and KTM. I think it was happygrue
Edit: yep this game, end of first half https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4419524

Last edited by Sp00keh on Dec 13, 2022 - 17:52; edited 1 time in total
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2022 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
Surely Strong Arm doesn't work with KTM
You can't even select Strong Arm if you don't have TTM

Yes - if one reads it as someone reads language where a Strong Arm means a strong arm not a strong leg.

If one reads it as "Skill Name" is an abstract placeholder, and if the rules don't specifically say skill "afbafbaf" doesn't work, then it has to work. Or not. Depending on personal perception.

We are both on the language / semantics group. Others on the second.
cromag

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2023 - 05:28 Reply with quote Back to top

HarrytheHammer wrote:
KTM with Strong Arm is both a wonderful combo and almost universally accepted as acceptable (imagine that) in all games I've played.

You cannot even get Strong Arm on a Runt Punter.
I'm sorry to say all your opponents have been mislead and you have been mislead.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2023 - 06:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I was about to say you all need to go email bloodbowlfaqs@gwplc.com, but seeing as the rulebook says on p80 in the Strong Arm description

"A player that does not have the Throw Team-mate trait cannot have this skill" it's pretty unambiguous. Which is a shame, because a Runt Punter with an extra big leg would be a wonderful thing to see. Guess they need to work on their stat ups to get a better PA, that's all.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2023 - 07:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't feel this thread is quite complete without at least one link to MackDurkka's current position on one of the ladders.

Jump to: