41 coaches online • Server time: 10:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tomay

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2020 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Cullymon - Amazon
Sentience - Snotling

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2020 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

swladmin wrote:
Tussock pulls of the impossible and unforlorns High Elves

ImageImage

Leap. Barely even used it, but Leap. Even in BB20 when it becomes 4+ into the tight cage, it'll still be Leap, because it's better than a 5+ dodge, or a 4+, 4+. Wood Elves are only good because they start with two Leap and a big guy who can just take Grab.

I went into prem LXXXIV with two leap. Like woodies have.

One, Gary, a wrestle strip pro catcher, which is just a dead set game winner, with the right partners.

Two, Fred, a tackle/mighty blow blodge pro blitzer, which is just something to do in the turns you're setting up the leap strip, and also useful vs blodge surehands types, and the odd stun, KO, and Cas are of course especially useful to elves.

But the right parter for Gary is Doug. +AG dodge surehands accurate thrower. Someone called it a hell of a one-two punch, the stripper followed by the thrower to just pop the ball out to any random elf to wander off with it. He's taken a good few hits over the seasons for pulling that trick, been surfed a few times too, even after the Apo was gone, but the ball was almost always away and clear and that's all that matters.

The rest of the team, Wrestle is nice for elves, just opens things up, stops bash hitting back quite as often, and a few of them adds up nicely there. Grab is a sneaky-ass skill that shows up over and over again in game-winning turns over the seasons. Guard is useful, was lucky Albert picked up Guard the same game Mark died, to have one all season. I find Dodge, other than key players, it's not that good of a skill, not for elves, though if I had another 500 TV ....

The combination, tending to survive the bash a little better, AV 8 and wrestle holds up well, especially as teams often target a wrestler rather than a gumbi. With a proper hitter too, just the extra stuns and KOs even without the cas are big for keeping numbers up. Even just letting me make blocks safely.

A couple of Dauntless to trouble the stronger teams and stat freaks, at least in theory. Just a solid team, goal was play safe, sit back, set it up, do it right, one turnover wins a game of bloodbowl, make it count.

Started two RRs and no Apo, was expecting WTR to strip a high skill player off me, and when none of them wanted to leave, I kept everyone useful and dropped the support from them. I don't know if that's the right thing in BB16, but it might be. You can just buy another RR, you can't buy a wrestle-grab-dauntless. Last prem I lost a lot before going in, and four RRs, Apo, didn't work this well, even being able to buy a bench that season, though 4th in prem is no shame still.

But it's not first in prem. I did some match reports. If you fancy a quick read of how it went. Human game replay is currently buggy, but was OK recently, so it'll turn up.

Named for the '78+ rugby team. Need John Kirwan in it now, but couldn't afford a new catcher this season.

ImageAlbert Anderson, 27 spp season, 1 TD, 2 Cas, 4 MVP.
ImageGary Whetton, 20 spp season, 6 TD, 1 Cas.
ImageAlan Whetton, 5 spp season, 1 MVP, two wayward passes.
ImageKen Stewart, 2 spp season, 1 Cas.
ImageFrank Shelford, 8 spp season, 1 Cp, 1 Cas, 1 MVP.
ImageDave Loveridge, 17 spp season, 17 Cp.
ImageWayne Smith, 18 spp season, 3 TDs, 2 Cas, 1 MVP.
ImageFred Woodman, 16 spp season, 8 Cas.
ImageLachie Cameron, 6 spp season, 2 TDs.
ImageMurray Pierce, 0 spp season, took the hits, but.

Amateur Professionals. 119spp season, 18 Cp, 12 TDs, 15 Cas, 7 MVPs. Ten prem rings. One Golden trophy for High Elfs.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2021 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

When is next season starting?

Proud Member of the SWL
tussock

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2021 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Kickoff is 11th Jan. There'll be the new season forum thread soon.