42 coaches online • Server time: 11:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pac

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2007 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking ahead, it's worth noting that in LRB 5 the restriction preventing a coach from giving Mighty Blow to base ST 2 players is lifted. Also Piling On is much improved and further S skills are added to the game.

So, while Brays with Guard and Piling On in LRB 4 may not be broken (although there's certainly testing to be done), it should be borne in mind that should LRB 5(/6) arrive on FUMBBL such a roster would need an immediate overhaul - as Guard/MB/Piling On Brays (plus access to Grab and Juggernaut) would be another matter!

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2007 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

True, but the entire Stunty will need that kind of overhaul anyway. The Secret Weapon teams would be instantly unplayable when it's automatic to be sent off after a drive.

The Brays would, as you say, also be completely broken in LRB5.

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2007 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
Looking ahead, it's worth noting that in LRB 5 the restriction preventing a coach from giving Mighty Blow to base ST 2 players is lifted. Also Piling On is much improved and further S skills are added to the game.

So, while Brays with Guard and Piling On in LRB 4 may not be broken (although there's certainly testing to be done), it should be borne in mind that should LRB 5(/6) arrive on FUMBBL such a roster would need an immediate overhaul - as Guard/MB/Piling On Brays (plus access to Grab and Juggernaut) would be another matter!

In the long run we're all dead anyway... Wink But think of all the fun Stunty action we can get in before the LRB5 sky falls on us!

If your only complaint is that they'll be broken in LRB5 then am I to assume you consider this roster fair and acceptable now? Smile
pac

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2007 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
If your only complaint is that they'll be broken in LRB5 then am I to assume you consider this roster fair and acceptable now? Smile

Not a complaint: just an observation … And it's not possible to call anything 'fair and acceptable' without testing. All I can say is that there is nothing glaringly broken about it - which is unusual for a proposed Stunty roster. Wink

One option, of course, would be to make the Brays 'normal' Stunties with A access, leaving S access on the Ungors.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2007 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

That might be a good balancing move if all that Guard proves overpowered.

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2007 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:

All I can say is that there is nothing glaringly broken about it - which is unusual for a proposed Stunty roster. Wink

One option, of course, would be to make the Brays 'normal' Stunties with A access, leaving S access on the Ungors.

That's a possibility...
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2007 - 06:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The Bray Herd has been posted to the Stunty Compendium!

\O/
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2007 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, after further testing, discussion, and careful study of existing Stunty rosters, I've made some minor price changes.

Centigors +10K to 100000
Ungors +10K to 60000

Everything else seems to be fairly well in balance with the other stunty rosters.
HunterX

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 04:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, all. Let's take another look at the Bray Herd. It is another proposal that has curried some popular interest. What do we think of this?

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I like it.... Wink
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

still hate the idea of str access on stunty linesmen I think guard is a bit much on the slaves at str 1 much less a line of str 2 guard I love the Idea though

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

nexusvalhees wrote:
still hate the idea of str access on stunty linesmen I think guard is a bit much on the slaves at str 1 much less a line of str 2 guard I love the Idea though

I understand your point, but there's a significant difference between getting guard from the outset, and having to rack up 6 spp on each player to get it. Face it, by the time you've got 6 or 7 guard players on your team, you opponents will be skilled up enough to handle it.
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
nexusvalhees wrote:

I understand your point, but there's a significant difference between getting guard from the outset, and having to rack up 6 spp on each player to get it. Face it, by the time you've got 6 or 7 guard players on your team, you opponents will be skilled up enough to handle it.

guard trumphs any other agility skill and po is amasing against the average av of 6 with stunty the fact that after 2 skills you really got nothing to get doesen't much matter as most stuntys don't generaly get more than 2 before dying.

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 05:11 Reply with quote Back to top

nexusvalhees wrote:
guard trumphs any other agility skill and po is amasing against the average av of 6 with stunty the fact that after 2 skills you really got nothing to get doesen't much matter as most stuntys don't generaly get more than 2 before dying.

Mine barely live to see 1! Wink

But, also consider that Slaves at 6spp are MA 6 St 1 Guard, Side Step that's a good bit better than MA 5 St 2 Guard. Especially with all the other guard around on a Slave team.

I still don't think that a few instances of guard and/or PO will overbalance the team. It's not that easy to skill these guys up at MA 5 and no G access, so you're not likely to see vast numbers of them.
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

they're playing in a league of weaklings its not that hard to skill up ma5 ag3 in stunty and once you get a few guards the cas spp ill get easier I'm not even geting started on the fact that you also can feild 3 guys with 3+ str and 4 guy with str 3 blitz the entire roster just looks a bit to much

Jump to: