13 coaches online • Server time: 06:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Add G access to squigs only and reduce their AV to 6. They might become quite deadly but fragile, too. I'd like to see them having MA6, like the Hoppers, so they can hop 3 times.

Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
The problem with the team is that people insist on putting ALL of their squigs on the field and using them EVERY turn. This may be viable if you have loads of RRs to burn, but most coaches don't build their teams that way. I take these factors into consideration and find Squig Herder teams to be very viable AS THEY CURRENTLY are. But you can't expect all coaches to be as patient as I am. My advice, keep the team as is, but lower the RR cost a bit but do not give them G access, as that is just a return to Stunty Leeg as the Slaughterbeast Leeg. Another idea that might be worth pursuing is increasing the AV of the Squigs (or giving them Thick Skull).

Can't agree more with E.T.A. You have to coach Squigs like you would Cheaters... don't flood the field with your secret weapons otherwise the ref will remove more players than your oppo will.

Keep the ag3 on Hoppers... ag2 is quite simply a rubbish idea. Agree with reducing cost of rerolls as they get burned very very quickly.
Skulll

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think neithrt the squigs or the hoppers should be given [G] access. Just one stunty one will do. With other biggies Gs gone, multiple ST 4 RSC with G would be quite a bit too evil compared to the rest of the division

As someone mentioned before, a wise squig coach seldom has big problems with OFABs and Really Stupids... Giving the squiqs or the Hoppers [G] gives them too easily, too many such as Seb Black. And even one makes a team...
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Since OFAB is rolled after really stupid, a wise coach rarely rerolls a failed really stupid roll, if ever. With easier access of pro this might change, but pro wouldn't make them too lethal. If they pick, block and tackle or, on a double, frenzy, squigs might be horrible opponents, but their armour is easy to break, and remember them having a penalty roll. They rarely play a whole match. If I spectate squig herder matches, the squigs are usually dwelling in the boxes (injury or reserve).

albator2001

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I am against this new change. Squigs don't need to be more bloody than they are already.
Stovaa

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Surprised

But... my squigs need pro. I've had too many turns where OFAB and RS have combined to give me multiple injured thralls and 1 wasted blitz action.

Str 3 Ag 2 would render the hoppers near useless, please ignore Synn's crazed post, he knows not the madness he preaches. Maybe have another positional:
0-2 Stablegoblin 6/2/3/7 dodge, stunty, thrall, thick skull GA 60k ?
That might help solve the problems with failed OFAB turns removing multiple thralls from the pitch, and they're used to being bitten by the squigs they tend so take measures to avoid being killed.

Maybe?
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2012 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Necromancy!

Hey all, I wondered if I could get some opinions of people who have played far longer than I, about the state of squig herders in Stunty Leeg.

I'm planning on playing, say, 30 more games with my squigs, and seeing what I can learn about them. One thing that I have heard (and that I hear from Vamp teams and secret weapon teams) is not to play with all 6 on the field at a time; I've been using 5 (with 1 in reserve, since invariably at least 1 is taken out by the opposition, even if I seem to be good at managing my bloodlust), and I'm finding myself with as many as 12 players off the field by the end of the game (usually 3+ due to failed bloodlust), so I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me so that I can truly test the strength of the team.

My initial impression (from playing a few games with them, from spectating a few more games with squigs, and from playing against them with my cflings) is that while Squigs are rather scary looking, the lack of starting dodge or block, combined with AV7 means that the S4 guys, if you can hit them with SOMETHING, will often get taken out of the game or at least the drive. And given that most teams have multiple S5+ (snotlings have 4 S5+, and a S4!) and/or multiple chainsaws and/or multiple stabs and/or multiple bombs (although obviously I have very little real experience with bombs + squigs), it seems like your players get chewed through extremely fast, both by the opponent, and by your own bloodlust as you try to do desperate plays since you end up outnumbered extremely fast.

My initial thought is to up the sturdiness of the squigs and the hoppers, but I realize that is largely against the fluff, so I'm hoping for some advice from more experienced people so that I can try and play in ways that downplay the extreme bloodiness (which, while exciting, seems slightly unfair when it is almost entirely on the squig side of the field) so that I can get a better feel for the team before making sweeping suggestions which may be completely unwarranted.
ErobererZim

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2012 - 08:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I like Squigs too, but a Couple of MatchUps be realy Suicide Games. ForestGoblins (MassStab), ChaosFlings (2xSaws and 2BG) and Gobs. 2x Saws, 2xAgile Str6 Dudes and the DPs cleant so fast the Pitch and rape your best Players so its useless to play against them.

The Greatest Problem is, no player can have on a NORMAL Way (without a double) skill Block aqnd Tackle so you must WASTE al your ReRolls and Players (fouling) to get this Saws and Stabs from the Pitch (to get a Pow) to protect your Best Players, The fail of Dodge at start on the positionals make the rest EASY goes down und goes from the Pitch like a Stunty, cause AV7. U blast your ReRolls so harsch 4 1dices there u more need on the Blocks to protect your TOs cause skulls/BothDowns.

Well the Team is very Funny and good but its not like the other Teams wher u have a few player who can clean the Pitch. U have an halfTeam that can "theoretic(Bloodlust, AND Bonehead wtf)" do that, but goes like Stuntys from the pitch and dies so fast.

In my mind I think Set the Squig Cost higher on 90-100k but give them Dodge, Foul Appereance, Thick Skull or something else at start.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2012 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

A second problem, although not as bad as the frailty of the Squigs, is the maneuverability of squigs. While they are agi 4 with leap + VLL, or agi 3 with leap (which really, is totally useless without at least 1 +agi, and really, you want 2 +agi.. silly hoppers..), they don't start with dodge, and there are no re-rolls for leap.

To make matters worse, you need a herder wherever your squig is starting (really stupid) and where it's ending (bloodlust); so your maneuverability is actually limited by your linemen.

So this is also something I am trying to work on - the really stupid really hurts, and shows just how poor the team is at maneuvering, because at least with vampires, they only need a thrall where the vampire wants to go; not a thrall where the vampire is AND where it wants to go.

Again, any suggestions on how to get around this from a coaching point of view before I go forth and make roster suggestions, would be awesome.
feno12

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps replace stupid with bonehead, then you still get the bloodlust and occasional stupid, but not to the extreme its at now?
ErobererZim

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a AG5 Hopper, but its useless he fights alone vs a Swarm (he blitzt into the Cage to the Carrier dont get them Down cause no BLOCK and/or TACKLE and Stand than Suicidal alone in the Swarm of Opponents) cause the rest is Stupid or runs somewhere else to bite a Herder, the Hopper cant be protected and goes pretty far from the pitch on a block or foul, AV7 RandomFoul without Guards kickt them so easy. Most of the Games is till End of the Game "when I have anyone" its still a few Herder and a Stupid Squig
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2012 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Are chainsaws supposed to stay with starting dodge, no secret weapon and no stunty?

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2012 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

secret weapons everywhere are being looked at - which includes most saws, B&C, bombs, etc. I'm not really sure exactly what's happening, but I think they are considering a weapon roll to be banned at the end of a drive, as opposed to auto-removal.
alonut

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2012 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hope Forest Gobbo team gets some improvements Smile

Coud they get a big guy? Maybe a Forest Troll, Ogre or Araknorak?

The Spiders got nerfed from the last version if I remember rightly Sad
 Jump to: