59 coaches online • Server time: 22:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Aenir

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2007 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
johan wrote:
Considering how much Bonehead hurts the Ogre team, I'm not going to issue a blanket condemnation for the zombies, but I will say that this is one of thoe teams that require a lot of playtesting.

Thats the problem, the blanket RS on the zombis makes the team really, really suck to start with and then either be ok or too good later on.

Stand Firm on the zombis could be realy interesting (on my version of zombis anyway Razz). It would need an increased cost though and the effects of that much stand firm really is an unknown.

I quite like the wererats actually. Especially if they were to be given wild animal:

0-2 Wererats 80k 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, RSC, Wild Animal, Regenerate, Infect - GA (infection creating new wererats)

Remove the giant rat as a bit arbitrary, keep the swarm as an intersting option. The abominations are also nice (thick skull to compensate St4?). That only leaves the necromancer to deal with.

The Necromancers. I'm not convinced by the 1-2 option since it leaves the embaressing question of what is going on if the only necromancer on teh team dies. NOS is nice but why not give them agility and passing skills to go with it (leaving the player the tricky decision of what to do in case of a double). The roster can probably live without surehands (NOS is arguably better). Also infect dosent really turn me on, dosent feel right that only necromancer kills can become zombis. I'd propose:

0-2 Daring Necromancers 90k 6 2 3 7 NOS, Dodge - AP
(Infect is replaced by any permanently killed players resulting in a new zombi being added to the roster when your team is updated)

Finally, 0-16 Zombis please Very Happy

we tried infect on the wererats, didnt work, Giant Rat is there to cause CAS (although ST 1, Claw/RSC is Very Happy)

And the Necros having infect can be seen as them finding a corpse and raising it up to join them
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2007 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Please no more av 8 stunty players mini dorfs are boring enough to play against expecialy not av 8 regen thick skull please stick with agility on stunty linemen str 2 guard is just plain wrong in stunty

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
Aenir

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2007 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

They are there to help beef up, RS + 3 MA helps balance with G access and 8 AV IMO
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2007 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

ok how many times do we have to beat this rule into people's heads before they stop posting these idiotic threads with new team ideas?

NO LINO PLAYERS WITH G ACCESS..

there's no "balancing" to it...

it doesn't happen....

stop doing it

additionally...

Aenir wrote:
no fluff yet Very Happy

wrong...

design the fluff first, *then* design the team to fit the fluff...

don't shoehorn your fluff to fit the players....

--j

ImageImage
nin

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2007 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

nexusvalhees wrote:
Please no more av 8 stunty players mini dorfs are boring enough to play against expecialy not av 8 regen thick skull please stick with agility on stunty linemen str 2 guard is just plain wrong in stunty

I have not experience with stunty (I should make a team again at least...) but this one seems rigth, ar7 regen (like skeletons) seems to fit better for stunty
...on the other side, a "very" handicapped team with G or S access may have it's place (as there is nothing quite similar allready... but Skirie Slaves)... but "very" is the key word there.
Aenir

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2007 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
ok how many times do we have to beat this rule into people's heads before they stop posting these idiotic threads with new team ideas?

NO LINO PLAYERS WITH G ACCESS..

there's no "balancing" to it...

it doesn't happen....

stop doing it

additionally...

Aenir wrote:
no fluff yet Very Happy

wrong...

design the fluff first, *then* design the team to fit the fluff...

don't shoehorn your fluff to fit the players....

--j

I did have fluff, it cahnged when the team idea changed

and I said balance for lack of a better word Smile
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2007 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Aenir wrote:

I did have fluff, it cahnged when the team idea changed

and I said balance for lack of a better word Smile

then you need to decide your fluff before throwing some idea for a team out, and modifying your fluff to fit the team concept...

come up with a general idea of what "theme" you want your team to be...write the fluff...then build players around the fluff to complement it...

*then* it can be tweaked for balancing issues and general playability...

and i'm curious what other word you would have used in place of balance?....

craptacular maybe?...

the linos are you one major glaring flaw in this team, and having experience enough to see what stunties are capable of, it is a HUGE flaw...

anyone here can spout off all day long that it's not broken, when it is...every stunty has the equivalent of a poor man's MB....when ever injury roll inflicts a +1 due to the stunty trait, it makes casualty rolling a lot more lethal...combine that with teams that have relatively low AV, it's not hard at all to cause casualties as long as the initial block dice are favorable...

people will sit and tell you "oh they're slow, they're really stupid, blah blah blah"....

BS...these players *will* start rolling in the casualties, and they *will* become monstrosities...

what are two of the most critical skills in stunty?

block & DP...

and you have a team where close to every player on the roster has access to it...

and as for comparing this team to the ogres?...that's just ludicrous....comparing a 2+ roll to a possible 4+ roll to act?...yeah those are almost identical aren't they?...

ogres are effective without a babysitter, except for the occasional stint of bad rolling...

how often do you see a troll running around without a handler?...rarely...

while the positionals are unique and interesting...they are vastly overshadowed by the borkedness of the linos...

seriously aenir...

take this team back to the drawing board..come up with a direction for them, and come back with something that's actually viable, instead of things that look to be just thrown together for "oh this'd be sweet" factor....

--j

ImageImage
Aenir

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2007 - 04:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I was going along the lines of the student necromancer flexing thier powers with the creatures he is able to conjure.

and I have playtested these guys (with craftnburn) and it worked out really well, since with all positionals, there are only 3 zombis on the field

how would you change the linos?

if anyone would like to chat with me about the team I am on IRC @ #crypt
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2007 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Aenir wrote:
how would you change the linos?

0-12 Zombi 40K 3 2 2 8 Bone Head, Regenerate, Stand Firm, Stunty S

Might be an option.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2007 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombi 4 2 2 7 Regenerate, Stunty S - 40k

Maybe. Purely able to walk into things to tie them up, nothing else. Maybe make them St 1 but up the Av (bear in mind no dodge)

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Aenir

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 06:35 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Zombi 4 2 2 7 Regenerate, Stunty S - 40k

Maybe. Purely able to walk into things to tie them up, nothing else. Maybe make them St 1 but up the Av (bear in mind no dodge)

Craftnburn wrote:
0-12 Zombi 40K 3 2 2 8 Bone Head, Regenerate, Stand Firm, Stunty S

Might be an option

which of these two do all of you like the most?

other options could be available Smile
Pirog

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I hate AV 8 in stunty league, so I would go for the first.

40k for AV 8, regenerate and stand firm seems very cheap by the way, even with bonehead and low MA.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 07:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirog wrote:
Personally I hate AV 8 in stunty league, so I would go for the first.
Remember they don't have Dodge like most stunties.. they'll get knocked over A LOT more often. They'll need that AV

Pirog wrote:
40k for AV 8, regenerate and stand firm seems very cheap by the way, even with bonehead and low MA.
Individually perhaps, if there were only a couple, but as a team, that's a lot of boneheads to make and slow moving.. that's why the cost is reduced.
Pirog

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Remember they don't have Dodge like most stunties.. they'll get knocked over A LOT more often. They'll need that AV

I still don't like it though. And with S access they would get guard. AV 8, stand firm and guard in stunty league...on the linemen. No, I don't think that would be a good idea.

Quote:
Individually perhaps, if there were only a couple, but as a team, that's a lot of boneheads to make and slow moving.. that's why the cost is reduced.

There are not going to be that many of them though since this team is swarming with positionals. They will be a cheap and awesome LOS force though, to boost the team even further.
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say 4227 regen stunty a 30k 40k seems a bit high even with how good regen is and str2 + guard is far to good in stunty

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
 Jump to: