84 coaches online • Server time: 22:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Skulll

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

yup 30k is good... nurglings are 5 2 2 7 regen, stunty... + dodge added.... and they're 50k... so 30k if they're [A] access only... and they should be...
johan

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The zombies... what about OFAB (Off For A Brain)? Wink
MixX

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
The zombies... what about OFAB (Off For A Brain)? Wink

hehe..wouldn't that mean only the necros were available targets though?
Khaan

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

but they WONT get knocked over once you skill up a couple of zombies with guard.

The Boyz
HunterX

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Khaan wrote:
but they WONT get knocked over once you skill up a couple of zombies with guard.

And why is that? I don't think guard keeps players from being knocked over.

In addition, I like the wererat as a mini WW and the swarm of bats is cool too. Can we give it ball and chain to show how random seeming bats move? Foul Appearance to exhibit the thrown ball hazard and Hypnotic Gaze for the distraction caused by the flying beasties is cool. I'd up the number to 0-2 and dispense with the giant rat. The wererat is enough.

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Stand Firm and Guard is a very, very good combination in stunty league and to put it on a cheap AV 8 lineman with regenerate doesn't feel like a good idea.
Aenir

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

but without some positives, who will want to get the zombies as they are currently?
Pirog

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Then something else, less powerful, can be boosted. They can get MA 4 instead of 3, A access and perhaps Thick Skull to make them look more zombie like, but with AV 7.

Slow moving, thick skulled linemen with AG 2 and regenerate would be quite original in stunty league anyway, and they would definately serve their role seeing how the team has an abundance of positionals.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

This list has some nice ideas but the key flaw is the linemen which are hard to balance. Persobnally I'd want them to be like ranked zombies and fulfil their role by tying up stuff, keeping geting knocked down but also keeping standing back up for more punishment. If this can be performed well by the player then the positionals could be allowed to shine.

There are some other undead rosters with some nice ideas, this could be one of those cases where merging ideas is best, since lots of the positionals are cool but the linemen are a severe weakness.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Khaan

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll refrain from answering in a likewise manner Hunter. I think you realize how silly that answer sounded.

How do you break a line of st2 guarders in stunty?

The Boyz
Pirog

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Persobnally I'd want them to be like ranked zombies and fulfil their role by tying up stuff, keeping geting knocked down but also keeping standing back up for more punishment.

A stunty league version of a zombie would like be 4 2 2 7 Regenerate and nothing more. People tend to forge this because undead teams tend to have a lot of reserves but zombies really suck and in Ranked they often end up in the KO box or worse instead of keeping coming back for more punishment. They are only AV 8 in ranked after all...

One suggestion could be to split the linemen up like I did with my Dead Ones roster proposal.

To have slow moving but durable zombies and faster, but fragile skeletons who can handle the ball. http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=11837

Biased as I am I prefer my own proposal ahead of this though, hehe.

I think the last month or so of team proposals have been a bit too caught up in the idea of pouring as many interesting skills on the team as possible. I don't really see that as the way to go. Teams should start out relatively undeveloped and progress through playing.
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

i have seen many better undead team in the forum. i am still having problem with accepting bats and rats, birds and sheep playing blood bowl. you could justify it by saying they moved and held togather by the macigal power of the magic user coach. in this case give the COACH skill to the pack. so when the coach leaves the game the sheep, snails, bugs go with him.
Aenir

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

what about ST1 Guards?

4 1 2 7 stunty regenerate S 45-50k?

then perhaps we could toss the rat?
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I still feel that giving them Strength access gives alot more of a zombie feel to the list. I'm not sure that zombies with DT or SS really float my boat.

Playtesting would show this but i suspect that Stunty and Av8 (maybe thick skull because stunned is a decent result but KOed would be bad news) is probably needed, this could be changed later though, when finally balancing the team.

Khaan wrote:
I'll refrain from answering in a likewise manner Hunter. I think you realize how silly that answer sounded.

How do you break a line of st2 guarders in stunty?

Creating a line of St 2 guard is going to be immensly tough. At AG 2, mostly their SPPs are going to come from MVPs and cas. Since they'll be knocked down alot they arent going to have a great initial blocking strategy. When they do skill up then the ones with guard are going to the ones that get hit first, shortening their lifespan a little, or at least their immediate effectiveness in helping their mates get SPPs.

Suppose someone does create a wall of guard. Lets face it, this is going to be at a pretty high level so the other team isnt exactly going to be short of skills. I'd say that they have two choices: either they can dodge away from the wall of Zombi or they can block it. When blocking it, it should be approached from the edges first and with judicious use of Big guys. The Big guys have guard themselves (even the grandfathered freaks probably have it) and can assist their teamates as well as smashing the line down at appropriate points. With no dodge the zombis are likely to be very crunchable from a big guy perspective.

With Standfirm too I think the zombis may be too much, but without it the Strength access probably isnt.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

zombies arent supposed to be effective they're supposed to make tackle zones

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
 Jump to: