47 coaches online • Server time: 11:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think of the concept?
Definitely worth developing. It's one of the strongest concepts floating around.
24%
 24%  [ 19 ]
I like it. But I'd like to see skills and numbers before endorsing.
29%
 29%  [ 23 ]
Average Concept. No better than the other concepts floating around.
10%
 10%  [ 8 ]
Below average. Not worht investing any time in developing.
24%
 24%  [ 19 ]
The worst Stunty Leeg Concept that I've seen in ages.
7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
You really should be pushing your Circus, Horrors, or Bray concepts.
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 78

shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
I've never seen a Chaos Dwarf robot in any version of Warhammer (not that GW hasn't done stupid crap like that before) that I've played.

i've never seen a skaven robot(not that GW hasn't done stupid crap like that before...then again i also haven't looked very hard)...but *gasp* mechavermins exist!!! omfg!

Craftnburn wrote:
But regardless, am I not allowed to have my own opinion?

no

--j

ImageImage
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
i've never seen a skaven robot(not that GW hasn't done stupid crap like that before...then again i also haven't looked very hard)...but *gasp* mechavermins exist!!! omfg!

1. I wasn't around when Mechavermin were designed, or I'd have said No thanks to them as well.
2. I don't recall anyone claiming that Mechavermin were WHFB miniatures like you did with that CD Robot pic.
Motskari

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
Blablablablahblah

Craftnburn wrote:
Blahblahblaa

You should start your own flaming forum somewhere else and let people discuss about new team ideas.

Friendly yours,

Mots
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2008 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

actually sillysod (for once) made me think.

the pics are nice, but i dont see them az str1 or str2 mechs. as far as the fluff goes, why would chaos dwarves develope tiny robots? i understood if they were huge and terrifying creatures created by the chaos twisted minds. but tiny robots....? whats their purpose? they hoover cd houses, deliever mail? or they were made for just a little bit of destruction? it is like a killing machine LITE edition.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2008 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

There you go Shadow, one skaven robot.

As for the team, I do like the chainsaws but an Iron Man player in stunty? That kind of defeats the purpose of playing the leeg doesn't it? Very Happy

As for the fluff. When I try and picture daemon engines in stunty I get something like this:
The daemonic engine rejects. The mad dwarves in their infinite insanity just made them to small and to crap to be used in real warfare. Maybe they made them just to try out new ideas for weaponry on a smaller scale before starting the real trials. Or maybe they just made them on days when their daemonic workshops were low on orders. Anyway, these tiny rejects usually get dismantled but some have managed to escape and for their own CD sub culture. The little engine that could.

Just an Idea... not sure if it helps.

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2008 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to weigh in slightly.. GW seem to be going down the robitic route more and more in WHFB, see Pigeon Bombers and Mechanical steeds in the new Empire books and the look of some orc models these days.

However I agree that some work needs doing on the fluff for the tiny robots. Maybe this could be a league or unranked team not stunty?

Stella for President!!

Need a new challenge? Here's all the challenge you will ever need.

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=19352
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2008 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

You said you were thinking not to have a big guy for the team... but if you did... how about giving them the option of having one regular hobgoblin as their so called big guy. Keeping him the same as the CDs one. It would make for something different with the big guy being an easy target, but with G access he wouldn't be completly defenceless.

The hobgoblin would stick around the team just coz they make him feel important, something which doesn't happen for a hob very often.

Don't know if that has been put forward before but I thought it could be kinda interesting. Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2008 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Following the same school of thought that I used for the Dark Familiars, I'll post what I had in mind for a few of the positionals. Unfortunately, I don't have convenient pics of minis to help you visualize the players.

"Stompers" A tribute to the Kal-Garak Stompeders (Cheesey Calgary Stampeders Rip-off). Essentially, small squat "robots" using the trademark Chaos Dwarf rockets for propulsion. I'm thinking mini-killer can-like beings for those with knowledge of 40K.
Basic Stomper MA:4 ST:2 AG:2 AV:8 Skills: Dodge, Pogo (STRENTH, AGILITY)
Mayhem Stomper MA:4 ST:2 AG:2 AV:8 Skills: Dodge, Pogo, Frenzy (STRENTH, AGILITY)
More Mayhem Stomper MA:4 ST:2 AG:2 AV:8 Skills: Wild Animal, Dodge, Pogo, Frenzy (STRENTH, AGILITY)

"Whirlwind" A tribute to the old '"obsolete" WHFB warmachine. A goblin cyborg whose arms have been replaced with multiple Chainsaws.
Basic Whirlwind MA:5 ST:2 AG:2 AV:7 Skills: Skills: Dodge, Chainsaw (AGILITY)
Mayhem Whirlwind MA:5 ST:2 AG:2 AV:7 Skills: Skills: No Hands, Dodge, Chainsaw (AGILITY)
More Mayhem Whirlwind MA:5 ST:2 AG:2 AV:5 Skills: Skills: No Hands, Dodge, Chainsaw, Iron Man (AGILITY)

"Impaler" Goblin slaves with various daemonic/tech implants.
Basic Impaler MA:6 ST:2 AG:2 AV:7 Skills: Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Stakes (AGILITY)
Mayhem Impaler MA:6 ST:2 AG:2 AV:7 Skills: Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Stakes (AGILITY, STRENGTH)
More Mayhem Impaler MA:6 ST:2 AG:2 AV:7 Skills: Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Stakes (AGILITY, STRENGTH, PHYSICAL)

Hobgoblin SlaveMaster MA:6 ST:3 AG:3 AV:7 Really Stupid, Leader (GENERAL)

"Mechataurus" A mechanical bucking bronco (it needs a better name) in homage to the Great Taurus built explicitly for the Stunty Leeg. Probably Star Player material.

I'm not a huge fan of the Hobgoblin SlaveMaster but I thought I'd include because others suggested it. Fluff-wise it could go either way. Play up the colossal stupidity of BloodBowl hobgoblins or play up this teams backstory and it's initial refusal of hobgoblins in the Leeg.

I added another Novel mayhem factor to this team. All the players have penalty rolls. Almost makes me think I could get away with some more AV: 8 because of it Wink Speaking of Mayhem, I'm really torn on whether I should give the Whirlwinds AG3 so they can start their saws more easily or whether that would be too much power, so I erred on the side of caution.

I'm flexible on the # of each but I was leaning towards 0-4 Whirlwinds, 0-4 Stompers, and 0-16 Impalers and 0 Hobgoblin SlaveMasters. Wink

Feel free to being the shredding of the roster...

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2008 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe add pro to Whirlwinds? Those saws are sooooooo difficult to start otherwise. I like this team idea altough I don`t fancy that av8 much. But if it`s only on 4 players...

Mots
johan

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2008 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I've said it before, but I'll reiterate: Please don't include tons of stakes. It will create an absurd imbalance with any future undeady stunty team.

Also, any Iron Man stunties should have damage absorbtion as their sole function. Iron Man Chainsaws is way beyond the pale.

Loading up an entire team with S and AG access will be overpowered in Stunty (easy Dodge/Guard/SS is extremely potent).

Robots shouldn't mutate. No, the Mechavermin really shouldn't have Ph either.

Large amounts of non-stunty AV 8 is excessively durable in Stunty. Maybe AV 7 with Thick Skull instead.

Maybe TTM on the Stompers? Lifting someone with the rockets and tossing them away...

All in all, it would be easier to have an opinion of a consolidated roster, though.

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2008 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

they look fine evo and the origonal fluff is coll so noes to the hobgoblin

mabey stompers could lose dodge and have general str access and be 0-2

go for ag3 on the saws they cant pick up the ball so ag is only good for the saws

mutations on the engines is fine can represent the dorfs retooling their favorites

please no str access on impailers and no Iron man on saws

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2008 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Dawi Zarr Daemondroids

0-8 Stompers MA:4 ST:2 AG:1 AV:8 Skills: Pogo, Take Root (STRENTH, AGILITY) 50K
Occasionally, the servos lock up on the stompers propulsion mechanism.

0-8 Psychos MA:5 ST:2 AG:2 AV:7 Skills: Piling On, Dodge, Stunty (AGILITY) 50K
I'd really like to switch Piling On for Wild Animal and Frenzy, but I figured I'd go with the safer Piling On (and hopefully equally thematic)

0-4 Whirlwinds MA:5 ST:2 AG:2 AV:7 Skills: Skills: No Hands, Dodge, Chainsaw (AGILITY) 50K

Re-roll counter: 50K
Apothecary: Yes
Wizard: Runesmith

As usual, I've designed it on the weak side so that it's easy to beef up if they struggle. I was tempted to give the Stompers ST3 and -1 ST, so that they'd be ST2 and able to take Mighty Blow, but that seems a bit cludgey and I'd like to keep that as a potential upgrade.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2008 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I was bashing about ideas in chat tonight. 40K has Cyborks. So, I was thinking I should be able to come up with a clever wordplay for the CD goblins or hobgoblins. I was thinking of spoofing robots or androids.

What do you think of Robogrots? or Hob-bots?

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2008 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The team looks like a wreck.

You've combined poor agility making a team that can hardly score. Then, given some of them No Hands.
Way too many secret weapons. I could be down to 8 players at the half, even if I had a full roster.
Stompers just look far too unreliable. In stunty take root is much worse, since most players can just dodge away.

It just looks like a team that's cool on paper, but just a complete pain in the butt to use for a casual player. I can list stuff like Squig Herders and Strigoyans who suffer from similar problems.

I think you should tweak the bray roster so we can implement that personally, the concept of 'stunty bashers' should really belong to ungors. Either that or the poorly missed undead team in stunty; I see them being a great addition to stunty, a team with no neg traits. Something people who normally don't play stunty will be happy to play, and regen keeping the team around long enough to skill up and stay worthwhile to play.
johan

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2008 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate designs that first make the team incredibly bashy, then "compensates" by making it awful at scoring.

This team would be the Khemri of Stunty, only moreso.

Non-stunty linemen with AV 8? No thanks... they would be significantly more durable than Gnomes, and I think you know what people think of those guys' armour.

And Pogo Stick with AG 1? I'm sure it's fluffy and everything, but come on. Diving Catch would be more useful (not hard, since Pogo Stick is more like a nega-trait for this team)!
 Jump to: