43 coaches online • Server time: 12:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think of the concept?
Definitely worth developing. It's one of the strongest concepts floating around.
24%
 24%  [ 19 ]
I like it. But I'd like to see skills and numbers before endorsing.
29%
 29%  [ 23 ]
Average Concept. No better than the other concepts floating around.
10%
 10%  [ 8 ]
Below average. Not worht investing any time in developing.
24%
 24%  [ 19 ]
The worst Stunty Leeg Concept that I've seen in ages.
7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
You really should be pushing your Circus, Horrors, or Bray concepts.
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 78

EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2008 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:

Non-stunty linemen with AV 8? No thanks... they would be significantly more durable than Gnomes, and I think you know what people think of those guys' armour.

And Pogo Stick with AG 1? I'm sure it's fluffy and everything, but come on. Diving Catch would be more useful (not hard, since Pogo Stick is more like a nega-trait for this team)!

Good points, but apparently you didn't connect the dots. The Pogo Stick is meant to be a fluffy nega-trait (even if it does bump there move up to a potential of 8 ). Yes, you may have trouble removing them with AV 8, but no Dodge and a penalty roll is meant to help them compensate.

But I do agree with the Take Root comment. It really should be removed for such a weak player type.

I'm a little stunned by the idea that the team is "incredibly bashy". Chainsaws may be nice but with AG2, I'd gladly take the Chaos Halflings 2 Chainsaws AND 2 ST5 Frenzied Big Guys if I was competing for the title of Stunty Leeg's most bashy.

As Always,
Evolve To Stunty

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2008 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
I'm a little stunned by the idea that the team is "incredibly bashy". Chainsaws may be nice but with AG2, I'd gladly take the Chaos Halflings 2 Chainsaws AND 2 ST5 Frenzied Big Guys if I was competing for the title of Stunty Leeg's most bashy.

4 Chainsaws, 8 Piling on and 8 Strength Access (for Guard and further PO)?

With the AV to keep your players on the pitch in the bashing contest?

Yeah, I do think that's on the bashy side. I imagine they'd have every chance to outlast CFlings.

I also maintain that easy access to ST 2/Dodge/SS/Guard players is highly powered in Stunty. A or S access, please, not both.

Another big problem (well, depending on your views on stalling, I guess) with the team is that with all the penalty rolls, you're pretty much forced to stall whether you like it or not. 10+ is not trivial (as any Squigs coach will tell you).
PsyPhiGrad

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

With all the new team proposals going on lately, I'd love to see a revival of this team given the new rules. I'm sure it could make for a great additon to the Leeg (with a few modifications). Well, at least a better addition than the Horrible Horrors and all the drama they've crafted and burned.

I'm sure there are some other gems from previous proposals but this one jumped out at me when browsing the site.

http://fumbbl.com/help:Stunty+Compendium
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

It's easy to mock while not putting your own balls on the line...You want them revived, step right up big boy!
PsyPhiGrad

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not a Stunty Guru like you. I haven't even played Stunty, but since you challenged I thought I'd give it a go. Lots of changes need to be made to this proposal with all the rules changes but I think the concept is awesome enough for me to embarass myself with my first attempt at creating a roster with lots of text stolen from the original design.

"Stompers" A tribute to the Kal-Garak Stompeders (Cheesey Calgary Stampeders Rip-off). Essentially, small squat "robots" using the trademark Chaos Dwarf rockets for propulsion. I'm thinking mini-killer can-like beings for those with knowledge of 40K.

0-8 Basic Stomper MA:4 ST:2 AG:2 AV:9 Skills: Take Root, Stunty, Juggernaut (STRENGTH)

Gave them Take Root to represent their pistons seizing up and Juggernaut to represent their inate STOMPINESS.

"Whirlwind" A tribute to the old '"obsolete" WHFB warmachine. A goblin cyborg whose arms have been replaced with multiple whirling blades.

0-2 Whirlwind MA:5 ST:2 AG:2 AV:7 Skills: Bonehead, Dodge, Stab, Multiple Block, Secret Weapon, No Hands (AGILITY)

Bonehead to represent the general unreliability of the technology and the rest for all the whirling blades.

"Impaler" Mad goblin slaves with various daemonic/tech implants.

0-8 Impaler MA:6 ST:2 AG:2 AV:6 Skills: Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Frenzy (Agility, Strength, Mutations)

0-1 Hobgoblin SlaveMaster MA:6 ST:3 AG:3 AV:7 Really Stupid, Leader (GENERAL)

Costs? I haven't a clue. I've never designed a roster before. Any suggestions?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2012 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

terrible terrible necro sir

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2012 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Almost forgot to include my favourite part of the roster:

When their 2505 proposal to enter into the Stunty Leeg a team made up exclusively of their hobgoblin slaves was rejected because "hobgoblins just aren't stunty, no matter how stunted their brains may be", the stubborn Chaos Dwarves vowed to return in a few years with an offer the Leeg commissioner couldn't refuse. Deep in the volcanic depths of Kal-Garak, they laboured in secrecy. Blue prints were drawn, molten steel was shaped, weapons were crafted, goblin slaves were gathered, daemons were summoned and all were fused into fierce small daemonic engines. Some were purely mechanical beings with the spirits of daemons powering them, while others were crippled goblin slaves given a new life with grafted mechanical and daemonic components but one thing was certain; these new creations "were stunty, no matter how tormented and disfigured". In 2508 the Kal-Garak Stompeders demanded entry into the Stunty Leeg and screams of joy and torment filled the Stunty Leeg Stadiums during their volcanic inaugural season.
On1

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2012 - 08:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh this is where the flamewars started?
PsyPhiGrad

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2012 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

After some thought and a review of some of the new tweaks and changes to the rules, here's my 2nd attempt at a new cooler roster.

0-2 Whirlwinds 90K
M3 S3 A3 AV8 Skills: Bonehead, Stab, Multiple Block, Secret Weapon, No Hands (Agility, Mutations)

0-4 Stompers 60 K
M 4 S2 A3 AV9 Skills: Take Root, Ball & Chain, Sprint, Dodge, Dauntless (Strength, Mutations)

0-4 Pscyhos 40 K
M6 S2 A3 AV6 Skills: Wild Animal, Piling On, Dodge, Stunty (Strength, Mutations)

0-12 Grot Oilers/Tinkers 30 K
M6 S1 A3 AV6 Skills: Titchy, Dodge, Sneaky Git, Right Stuff (Agility)

Same background for the team and positionals. The Whirlwinds are the teams Big Guys. I think it might be debatable whether they need Secret Weapon or not. The Stompers become more chaotic wild daemon machines but may be too weak to do much good thus not giving them Secret Weapon and they were explicitly designed to be within the Leagues rules after the the CDs initial attempt to join the league. Impalers were renamed and reskilled to reflect the new rules and they probably are too weak with Wild Animal but could be tweaked to a less background consistent and stronger version by dropping it after it has been playtested. The Oilers/Tinkers/Grots were added to further play up the team's theme. They steal the parts from their CD overlords more ambitious projects and this conniving nature is represented by giving them the ability to sneakily foul their opponents which shouldn't be overpowering but highly thematic.

As for balance, it's beyond my abilities to really tell. I just had a lot of fun giving my tweak on an old design that had some really cool background material to work with.

I'm open to any suggestions as I'm new to this craft, but please don't burn me with too harsh a criticism.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2012 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Whirlwinds are more suggestive of Ball and Chain (the whole spinning thing) than Stompers (skills like Leap and Piling On are probably more stompy), but if you don't want to go that route, consider a skill like Fend (would you want to stay close to a walking blender?)

0-4 Wild Animals is going to be really frustrating I think.

For the Grot Oilers (a pretty cool name even if I have no idea if it's true to CD fluff) Sneaky Git doesn't seem quite right (at least given the fluff) If they're "Oilers" perhaps a teamwide theme could be Really Stupid on the Engines (they need an Oiler to loosen them up to move).

Something like:
0-2 Whirlwinds 90K 4 5 3 9 Ball & Chain, Mighty Blow, No Hands, Really Stupid S (GAPM)
0-2 Stompers 90K 4 5 3 9 Leap, No Hands, Piling On, Really Stupid, Very Long Legs S (GAPM)
0-12 Grot Oilers 30K 6 1 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Titchy A (GSP)

(Hopefully that wasn't "too harsh a criticism" Wink )
PsyPhiGrad

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2012 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I imagined the Whirlwinds to be a slow-moving whirr of stabby bits and not a karooming Ball and Chain like player. And why add another player like that anyway? I was almost toying with having both Stab and Chainsaw but backed off that as too overdescribed. But I do think Fend would adequately represent nobody wanting to go too close to all the stabby bits, doubly so with the new changes to Ball and Chain, so probably:

0-2 Whirlwinds 100K
M3 S3 A3 AV8 Skills: Bonehead, Stab, Multiple Block, Fend, Secret Weapon, No Hands (Agility, Mutations)

Yuck! For the other changes to the hobgooblins. I don't want to design another Squig roster but just replace them with mechanical monsters. The tinkers are a classic representation of the hobgoblin theme: sneaky gits. Thy need to be doubly sneaky in the factories to steal valuable production items from the more serious dwarven war machines. It definittely fits the background to a T. Thanks but no thanks for your suggestions there.

As for the Stompers, Piling On? Really? No thanks. Stompy robots don't deliberately go to the ground. They are awkward and unreliable. If you wanted to overdescribe them, Dirty Player would be more representative of them Stomping on a downed opponent. Take Root is way more in tune with there background as I already described it represents their pistons seizing up. If I was thinking of changing them away from the Stompy Ball and Chains, I'd go with a lumbering Stand Firm version of them. But I don't know how to make that work. And small out of control Stompers has a much more fun and fits their background better. So, I'm much more tempted to stick with them as is.

0-4 Stompers 60 K
M 4 S2 A3 AV9 Skills: Take Root, Ball & Chain, Sprint, Dodge, Dauntless (Strength, Mutations)

If people are concerned with the Psychos and all that Piling On and Wild Animals, I might be tempted to go back to their background and replace them with Daemondroids.

0-4 Daemondroids 40K
M4 S2 A2 AV8 Bonehead, Stand Firm (Strength Mutations)

0-16 Hobgrot Tinkers
M6 S1 A3 AV6 Skills: Titchy, Dodge, Sneaky Git, Right Stuff (Agility)

You might notice that the team definitely does not have any Big Guy/High Strength players. This is a deliberate reflection of their background and their earlier rejection from the league due to being too big and not stunty. All droids are supposed to be reasonably small and stunty sized even if they aren't so stunty frail. It's all about trying to make this wonderful background fit the roster.

Now, would the roster be reasonably balanced? Any suggestions?
PsyPhiGrad

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2015 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

For your reconsideration.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2015 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought Evolve was back for a second....damn.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2015 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I wish! I'm sure he could make this a reality. This is by far my favourite new stunty race. And I'd love to have a chance to play his Terrifying Anarchist. It would be a blast!
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2015 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

What's Ironman do?
 Jump to: