15 coaches online • Server time: 06:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2015 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Fluff:
a Dwelf is the offspring of a Dwarf and an Elf. The first Dwelfs were created via magic, in the hopes of creating a super race with the best traits of each parent. What the wizards got, was something else entirely.

As the offspring of an elf and a dwarf, the dwelf is a misbegotten creature. They are generally met with disdain from both bloodlines, and are usually doomed to a life of maladjustment. A dwelf is stout, pointy-eared, and because of the racial divide between gruffness and gracefulness, the general effect is awkward and confused.

The first Dwelf Blood Bowl teams attempted to compete with the elves, who beat them regularly due to their superior agility, and the Dwarves, who often killed most Dwelf teams with superior strength. Of the 10 teams that existed in their early days, only one survived more than a season, and that was only because they employed a few members of their parent races. That team, Crossbreeds For Equality, survived 3 seasons before succumbing to too many deaths to continue on.

Several centuries passed, and the Dwelves developed a culture all their own, and a society. No longer a fringe race, living on the outskirts of Dwarven clans and elven cities, but building cities of their own, the Dwelves once again attempted to join a Blood Bowl league. Fortunately, in the years since their last slaughter, a Stuntee League, for races about their size was formed. The team Crossbreeds For Equality was reformed, and in their first season went undefeated, winning a Stuntee League cup. Since then, Dwelves have flocked to the stadiums, and created countless other teams.

General Thoughts and Overview:
To be added at a later date

Mechanics:
Apo: Yes
Re-reolls: 60k

0-12 Dwelf 45k
[5/2/3/6]
[stunty, dodge, right stuff, thick skull, animosity]
Skills - [A]
Doubles - [G M P]

Your standard Dwelf. Typically, they are the team's "linemen". More agile than their dwarven parents, but less so than their elven parents. Physically, they're as strong as the weakest of elves, and more fragile as well, though they do show a bit more resilience than most stunty league players. Due to the use of Warpstones in the creation of the first Dwelves, they are prone to strange mutations.

0-2 Wood Elf 80k
[6/2/4/5]
[pass, animosity]
Skills - [A P]
Doubles - [G S]

These Wood Elves were once rookie throwers on a traditional wood elf team, until several injuries weakened them and made them less than they once were. The only teams willing to take these injury prone Wood Elves, were their Dwelf offspring. As one might imagine, they aren't too thrilled about the idea of playing with Dwelves, and have been known to NOT be team players at all times.

0-2 Troll Slayer 130k
[4/3/2/8]
[block, frenzy, dauntless, animosity]
Skills - [G S]
Doubles - [A P]

Troll Slayers are Troll Slayers no matter who they play for. Troll Slayers on Dwelf teams however, tend to have a chip on their shoulder, having been exiled from their own clans. No Dwarf would ever give an exiled Troll Slayer a second thought. Unfortunately, the only place that would still accept these exiled Dwarves, are their Dwelf offspring.

0-1 Dwelf Psycho 90k
[3/6/3/8]
[no hands, ball and chain, secret weapon (ban on 6+)]
Skills - [G S]
Doubles - [A M P]

Occasionally, a Dwelf is born who shows some of the better traits of both Elves and Dwarves. Unfortunately, their minds are often twisted, and violent. On the Blood Bowl pitch, these players are a powerful force to be reckoned with, often attacking whoever gets near them, be they friend or foe.

0-2 Dwelf Alchemist 90k
[5/1/4/5]
[stunty, bombardier, secret weapon (ban on 9+)]
Skills - [A M]
Doubles - [G P S]

Dwelf Alchemist specialize in chemicals. They often fill several bottles with these chemicals before games, and sneak them onto the pitch. These chemical filled bottles are quite explosive, and more than a few alchemists have lost their lives by dropping them. As far as Dwelves go, these take more after their elven parentage, having more agility, but much less strength than others of their kind. They also have a greater propensity for mutations, due to their common use of strange, and dangerous chemicals.

Star Players
Dolfar Longstride - 150k
[7/3/4/7]
[Loner, Diving Catch, Hail Mary Pass, Kick, Kick-off Return, Pass Block]

Eldril Sidewinder - 200k
[8/3/4/7]
[Loner, Catch, Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, Nerves of Steel, Pass Block]

Flint Churnblade - 130k
[5/3/2/8]
[Loner, Block, Chainsaw, Secret Weapon, Thick Skull]

Morg 'n' Thorg - 430k
[6/6/3/10]
[Loner, Block, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Throw Team-Mate]

Ironbeard Willowbark 160k
[5/2/4/6]
[stunty, dodge, right stuff, thick skull, animosity, fend, stab, dirty player]

Crumm Blastfiddle 190k
[5/1/4/6]
[stunty, bombardier, secret weapon (ban on 9+), pass, accurate, leader][/b]

Last edited by Antithesisoftime on %b %26, %2015 - %15:%Jan; edited 5 times in total
Shadowprime

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2015 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I want this team
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2015 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

But... but... dwelfball is all about passing! I can't see this team achieving much in that area. Sad

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2015 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
But... but... dwelfball is all about passing! I can't see this team achieving much in that area. Sad

Upping the number of Wood Elves to 2
but they can still pass, just have to get over the animosity rolls.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2015 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
Fluff:
a Dwelf is the offspring of a Dwarf and an Elf.
Someone's been watching too much Peter Jackson's Hobbit Trilogy! Rolling Eyes
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2015 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Antithesisoftime wrote:
Fluff:

Sadly, far too many people have. Now if only they were more like Braindead. Hmm, actually, now I'm off to make a new team idea thread: Sumatran Rat-Monkeys...

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2015 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea but too OP at the moment. 5 non-stunty players too many and the positionals all need nerfing:

The trolls slayers are way too good, the gnome squig slayers are similar but s2 and stunty and they still cause havoc.

An MA5 S6 G access B&C is also overpowered, drop the MA and G access at the very least.

Ag4 bombers also cause mayhem so he is probably a bit good too.

Not sure about the woodies, always a tough one as you want them passing but at the mo they are a bit good not being stunty and also ag4. Can't think of what to do with em.

Finally the linos are probably overpriced, they are basically 35k strig thralls with a negatrait.

Worth working on a bit though!

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2015 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea (it's also kinda similar to the Halfling Carnies idea), but I agree with m0gw41, the team is too strong at the moment. It definitely has potential though.

The Wood Elves need to lose at least one MA, and perhaps AV as well. That way, they are actually severely injured elves.

The Troll Slayers are very very powerful. It might be okay if they were the only killers on the team, but as there are bombers and a ball&chain on the roster, they need to lose block as a starting skill and either a -MA/-AV
Personally I'd just drop the ball&chain and don't nerf the troll slayers too much, but I have no knowledge of fluff whatsoever. So if it's iconic, I'd nerf it. m0gw41's suggestions seem good.
I like the bombers. Low strength, so they need protection, but a lot of potential.

Linos might be overpriced, but that's always something dependent on the rest of the team.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2015 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I did raise the price on the Troll Slayer over what Dwarves pay for them, simply because they are too strong on their own.
Actually, 110k may still be too cheap on a stunty team. Boosting their cost to 130k and giving them a -MA, down to 4.

The Psycho, gonna drop him to MA 3, but leaving him G and S access

The Alchemist, as AG 4 bombers, are the same as gnome Bombers with 3 AG and Strong Arm on the shorter bombings, but have better accuracy at a distance. But, lowering the AV on them to 5 might help balance them some.

As for the Wood Elves, MA 6 and AV 6 it is, fits the fluff better anyways.

Last edited by Antithesisoftime on %b %14, %2015 - %00:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2015 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Antithesisoftime wrote:
Fluff:
To be fair, Dwelves existed well before The Hobbit. I'd heard the term as far back as the late 80s (generally from my Dad, when talking about his D&D campaigns)
Grod

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2015 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

No death roller Sad

Oscar Wilde
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2015 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
To be fair, Dwelves existed well before The Hobbit. I'd heard the term as far back as the late 80s (generally from my Dad, when talking about his D&D campaigns)
D&D had no "Dwelfs" in the 80s...Unless that was something your Dad or his friends made up! Wink
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2015 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Antithesisoftime wrote:
D&D had no "Dwelfs" in the 80s...Unless that was something your Dad or his friends made up! Wink
might have been.
At least I didn't make Dworks
Half Dwarf, Half Orc
They're their own worst enemies
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2015 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
At least I didn't make Dworks
Half Dwarf, Half Orc
They're their own worst enemies
lol. Oh, there were plenty of Dworks...oh wait...there's a w in there. Never mind.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2015 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwelves were created in a Elvish Dungeon by a nephew of Thorin Oakenshield getting it on with a Wood Elf female. I guess you could say there was a certain 'magic' involved in making that happen. Legend says the Dwarf made use of some Rune Stone and some story about how much he loves his mother. But I think it happened because Elf girls are easy.
 Jump to: