55 coaches online • Server time: 16:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at how else you could modify the list (the one above is just a brainstorm type thing, obviously lots can and shoud change)...

I didnt price the Giant Rats or give them any skill access. Thats because I have no idea what price they should be or what skill access is appropriate.... playtesting will almost certainly show how much they are worth quite quickly (I'd guess 40k but that could be well out). I think their appeal should in the total lack of ability of a throtling to block anything but once the Rat Ogres have guard they might start looking very appealing anyway (then again St3 might be needed). As for skill access.... what do you give them? Strength access is silly because guard isnt a skill I see them having.... likewise I dont really see them as a bunch of sidesteppers and diving tackle is a bit odd (diving catch ftw!). Passing access is obviously odd and general access may well be "too much".....

What if we just give them mutations? Nothing else, nothing fancy..... just mutations and +stats (ignore doubles) Twisted Evil They'll only be getting SPP from cas and MVP so whats wrong with making a skillroll signifying them catching the master moulders eye as a good subject for "improvement"? At St2 and with no access to anything else (no block, even on doubles) Claw and RSC are totally cool but dont look overpowering... likewise tentacles and prehensile tail look like fun additions to the roster as favourite rats get "customised". Heck, even the aging deal is cool, the more bits and pieces and claws and razors and eyes that keep getting tagged on to your favourite rat are likely to have side effects sooner or later. I think this is something that people could have alot of fun with as well as giving that extra incentive to take the giant rats.

Packmasters - should these have stunty? They may be weak but theres an argument that they arent really stunty. Really this should be a balance decision, it improves their throwing but limits their death rate (and potentially their catching... since catchers need to dodge well).

TTM. The list dosent really need this since it has a fair few gimmicks already.... having said that I still love the idea of a Rat Ogre picking up a Throtling and throwing it at something. I cant see many coaches using this for much more than oneturners though (since RO's are so useful when they are in the middle of a mele and so so bad at throwing). Probably best to leave it out.

Sorry if I'm being a bit overpowering, I just love stuff like this and I especially loved your image of giant rats with really stupid. Combined with having the idea of making Throtlings St1 it just set me off on a bit of a posting rampage as ideas fizz backwards and forwards and collide Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

SvenS wrote:
Do you think the packmasters should keep stunty then?
What cost do you suggest for the rats?

Really a balance issue so it would need playtesting a bit to find out. For fluff reasons I think they should maybe lose stunty but balance should come first.

Quote:
I like the crazed mutation feeling of giving the throtlings regen, but then they might have to go up to 30k at least?

You may well be right Smile I dont really know.

Quote:
About TTM Im not that adamant about it but as it will undoubtly be some of the worst TTMers around, it might be fun to have for laughs?!

I must admit I'd laugh alot, especially if you passed WA just to eat the poor creature.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
SvenS

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I really liked prehensive tail on the rats. Agility access for sidestep at least seems ok, I dont think DT is wrong from a fluff point of view (their crazed rats crawling all over you!), but together with tail it might be too good?
With RS I doubt they'll be too good though! Wink

Having the throtlings at:
6136 stunty regen, A, Ph would do alot for the playability of the team, but would make them quite alot more expensive to boot (which might be good as another incentive to use the rats!).
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure but I think that having that much 8 prehensile tails in stunty is probably tough to balance (as well as encouraging them to be more static). Agility access sounds fine when you put it like that.... mutations only could be cool though (and provide incentive to purchase them).

Throtlings Ag3 rather than having two heads will definately increase the playability of the team, we wont find out who's blind guess at balance is right until we try it both ways Very Happy

DragonsMaw

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I love this idea. I'm very partial to rats, but i've never like the skryre slaves roster for stunty. I don't play a whole lot in S, so i can't help one bit with balance and stuff... but i like the whole idea, and hope someday its more than a forum Very Happy.

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. YES! I want it all! Flying Throtlings, Mutations... and one more thing... I want a uniform.

But seriously... this is a really rad roster.
Synn

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

My take:

0-2 Rat Ogres
0-6 Giant Rats: 6 1 3 6 stunty, dodge, Tail, no hands, really stupid, RSC, Right stuff A Ph
0-2 Packmasters: 6 2 3 7 Dodge, TTM, Always Hungry A G Ph
0-16 throtlings: 5 1 3 6 Dodge, Stunty A Ph

The changes i used was based on the fluff. The Rat Ogre shouldn't be the one throwing the rats. Imagine a Rat Ogre trying to pick one up? He will never catch them! Packmasters are trained to do so.

I don't like the idea of packmasters being a thrower type simply because i don't like the idea of passers in stunty, and these guys have enough on their mind with *supposedly* trying to control the rats (their job). They kinda are the focus of the team simply because, well, they are the closest thing to a reliable player. A good way to represent their possible distractions would be to give them Bonehead as well. Also note he has Always Hungry. This represents a rat trying to bite the master, and the master killing said rat. I think it makes perfect fluff sense and quite frankly, not enough players get eaten (or their little furry necks wrung in this case).

The rats are the fun of the team. They should not be stronger then the linos. That being said, there should be a reason to blitz with them and RSC makes sense. ST 1 also means assists are needed and fits very well with the SWARM mentality. Besides... a team throwing rats at another team... TOO COOL.

Finally we have the basic throtling.... They should suck... period. This is not a team made for a strong lino and Clan Moulder doesn't give a rat's ass (hahahha) about their slaves. Hence they are slower than the rats.

All in all, I love the idea of a Moulder team as it is stunty. For balance purposes, remember this is a team with Rat Ogres. These are incredibly good BGs for the Stunty environment thanks to the tail. They also have an interesting tactical wrinkle.....

Imagine throwing a rat forward. Since it has Really Stupid, you need a nearby player to direct it. This is incredibly fluffy.

Peace,
__Synn
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Just two Rat Ogres?

Go for three ROs and make the Throtlings ST1... is it possible to give them only physical access? Every throtling gets mutations on every skill roll and will have to count on doubles for other skills. Just a thought.

Did I say more Rat Ogres already?

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear god no more rat ogres! These things are killer. Tail is just plain evil in stunty and Rat Ogres are already fast and keep their TZs. Three Rat Ogres means there is a good possibility of tying up an entire team with just the Big Guys.

__Synn
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Dear god no more rat ogres! These things are killer. Tail is just plain evil in stunty and Rat Ogres are already fast and keep their TZs. Three Rat Ogres means there is a good possibility of tying up an entire team with just the Big Guys.

__Synn

Boo!

What about the mutations idea though? Is it possible to do it? or just stupid. or both? Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

0-2 Rat Ogres 6528 Regular skills - S Ph
0-6 Giant Rats: 5 1 3 5 Stunty, Dodge, Two heads, No Hands, Really Stupid, RSC - A Ph
0-4 Packmasters: 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Guard, Foul Apperence, P. Tail - A Ph
0-16 throtlings: 5 1 3 6 Dodge, Stunty - A Ph

Would be funnier, unfortunally there is no way to add extra bonus to Really Stupid. But the should be given Guard and FA, maybe Tail too...

Giant rats should be have two heads, due to them beeing many and hard to stop. But their MA should be 5 and AV 5, since its easy to reduce them.

Well this is just an idea.... Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:

__Synn

I agree with this, one would not be enough but three is way too many.

I do like aspects of your list Synn but some of those ideas suck Razz

If you look at the fluff or the models you will see that Giant Rats are big. Obviously they come in all sizes from normal sized rats to man sized rats but the ones I was thinking of are at least as big as the packmaster which makes throwing them a bit silly... obviously you might be thinking of smaller rats Smile. I agree that any TTM on the team should have always hungry though because its funny and no one cares.

Really Stupid is a huge nega-trait, I'm not sure that it'll convince people to stack up on rats, especially if they cant really block I'd rather use them to tie stuff down with the tails (when my snotlings block stuff they are happy just to see it fall over). Somehow that just dosent feel very ratty. St2 isnt going to turn them into a lean mean blocking machine.

Passing access is nice because it makes you confused about how you use the packmasters.... you want them to do everything for you (I can see a clever player issolating the rats if they're just supported by throtlings).

The throtlings are terrible, as they should be.

However, having said all that, it would be interesting to try the list both ways, see what works and see what dosent.... I think having between 4-6 RS on a team is really new (yes I know it was proposed in the zombi thread)... it might be a big handicap... or it might not. More thoughts people, I have a good feeling about Sven's roster.

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:

What about the mutations idea though? Is it possible to do it? or just stupid. or both? Smile

I suggested it only for the Giant Rats, to help flavour them as a player and encourage people to take them (on anything else its overpowered or unnecesary). I'm interested to know what people think of it too though Smile Personally I'd love to see all the "customised" rats on peoples teams.

SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

A picture of some Giant Rats

I cant find a picture of throtlings... they're in the skaven army book Sad

Synn

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Some of them look throwable... if not throwable, than definately kickable (it's not like TTM is a long range thing). Larger ones are probably bred for things not related to BB. Besides... look at that "Rat Centaur"! Could be a star!

I like the idea of a team with lots of RS. Fluffy and difficult. I still don't see a connection between "packmaster" and "passing".

__Synn
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2008 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ratticus the Ratblin

Ratticus is the creation of a lesser known master moulder Synn-Synn. Part goblin, part giant rat, Ratticus is said to have been inspired by a Bull Centaur from the legendary Doomy Diggers. As with pretty much every result of the master moulders "genius" he is a creature driven almost beyond sanity by constant pain and a knawing hunger. These traits quickly made him a huge success on the BloodBowl field. Kept caged by his master Ratticus is now hired out to other teams at an extortionate rate.

Ratticus the Ratblin - 6 2 3 7 - OFAB, frenzy, dauntless, dodge, stunty - some money

This could probably do with some work Smile but he could be there to take out big guys?

I was going to suggest adding a Master Moulder type character myself, much like vampire teams get the count.

Jump to: