46 coaches online • Server time: 10:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been liking the team ideas people have been posting recently and after watching a crazy 60's Japanese Horror called Matango decided to post the following team idea, Stunty seemed the best place for it.

Matango – Mushroom people team

Some Chaos Dwarves simply could not cope with the hustle and bustle in the Chaos Dwarf cities and left to live solitary lives tending mushrooms. Many and varied were the types of mushrooms they tended and they were happy enough with their lonely lot in life. They would have remained a forgotten facet of the dwarven race until rumours reached them through the mushroom grapevine of Goblinoids playing a strange ball game and using madcap mushrooms to enhance their abilities, This use and abuse of mushrooms leads to the occasional Chaos Dwarf Mushroom tender and his charges taking to the Stunty Leeg field to teach the Goblins the folly of their ways.

0-1 Chaos Dwarf 4/ 3/2/9 Block, Tackle, Thick Skull 90k G/S, M/P/A on doubles
0-2 Madcaps 4/ 7/1/5 Ball and Chain, Stunty, Loner 100k S, A/P/G on doubles
0-2 Knockouts 5/ 3/2/6 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty,Foul Appearance, Really Stupid 70k A/G, P/S on doubles
0-16 Mushrooms 6/ 1/3/5 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff 40k A, S/P/G on doubles

Rerolls: 50k

The Chaos Dwarf is obviously just a standard Chaos Dwarf.

Madcaps are a giant mobile breed of madcap mushroom that are pretty crazed but ultimately still just a mushroom.

Knockouts produce spores that calm those around them, hence FA, and are pretty robust for a mushroom.

Mushrooms are just little mushrooms that can walk and play blood bowl.

It's a crazy idea but sometimes i have to get those out of my brain as soon as I can. Smile
Nekosama

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 07:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Squigs are fungus so we technically got killer mushroom in the league.
stej

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Attack, of the killer tomato's
ErobererZim

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

A Block Tackle Player at start on Stunty. NO WAY!?!
Rabe

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

All mushrooms should have Take Root! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Nekosama wrote:
Squigs are fungus so we technically got killer mushroom in the league.

Very true, all greenskins are technically fungus too of course. Very Happy
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
All mushrooms should have Take Root! Very Happy

That'd make sense fluffwise. Smile Game wise I reckon the Knockouts could certainly have it as it makes sense fluffwise and roadblock wise. That and Really Stupid and take root would be funny.
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

ErobererZim wrote:
A Block Tackle Player at start on Stunty. NO WAY!?!

It is a tasty combo with the St3 taken into account. Do you think it would be better to make it a Dwarf with Dwarfism? Maybe St2 and Stunty but cheaper, maybe 70k?
Rabe

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

At least give him Bone Head as a consequence of massive mushroom consumption. Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I am seconding the comedy value in a team with the linemen all having Take Root.

But how could they be improved/balanced if they all had that negatrait?
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say - the C-Dorf would count as a big guy even at S3, so there should really only be 0-1 Madcap, the Madcap should really only be speed 3 (it's a mushroom!), the Madcap should have secret weapon since it's a ball and chain player, although it would probably be one of those fancy weapon roll secret weapons that Stunty is getting. With those changes I could live with having a C-Dorf on the team. Giving him bonehead does seem in character though, and would represent his big guy status pretty well, but it might not be nescessary.
the_cursed_one

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

if u give them take root give them regen to represnt htem abosrbing the fields nutrients like shrooms do Razz
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
At least give him Bone Head as a consequence of massive mushroom consumption. Wink

Bonehead or even Really Stupid I could live with and would certainly sense considering his diet.
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

gudamor wrote:
I am seconding the comedy value in a team with the linemen all having Take Root.

But how could they be improved/balanced if they all had that negatrait?

+1 mv or regen as suggested elsewhere. Av5 isn't great but with Regen could balance it. Occasionally taking root balanced by higher mv when moving could also make sense.
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
I have to say - the C-Dorf would count as a big guy even at S3, so there should really only be 0-1 Madcap, the Madcap should really only be speed 3 (it's a mushroom!), the Madcap should have secret weapon since it's a ball and chain player, although it would probably be one of those fancy weapon roll secret weapons that Stunty is getting. With those changes I could live with having a C-Dorf on the team. Giving him bonehead does seem in character though, and would represent his big guy status pretty well, but it might not be nescessary.

While I can see your points I compared the team to the Goblin Cheaters and Gnomes and felt they were balanced ok.

The madcap doesn't actually have a Ball n Chain so Secret Weapon doesn't make much sense. Having Av5 means that he's already very vulnerable to Stab or Chainsaws, and to a lesser extent Wrestle. getting him down will almost certainly take him off with the minimum result for breaking armour being KO. Having Secret Weapon would take him off completely which I thought was a little harsh. Mv 3 I could live with, he is a mushroom after all.
 Jump to: