37 coaches online • Server time: 10:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you block/blitz as much as possible in the last turn?
Yes - my players could do with 2 SPP
69%
 69%  [ 211 ]
Only if my opponent hasn't used their apothecary
0%
 0%  [ 3 ]
Only if I can't easily score
7%
 7%  [ 22 ]
Only if there is no possibility to score
12%
 12%  [ 37 ]
If I lost, I want revenge and sweet sweet elf blood!
4%
 4%  [ 13 ]
No - there's no point unless I need to to make a TD
5%
 5%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 302

Aequitas

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on the situation. If I'm playing in a tournament (like the Fumbbl Cup II which I'm in right now) I'll not only block, I'll foul on the last turn of the game as well. I actually did this in my last Fumbbl Cup match and my opponent was shocked. Not sure why, I'm trying to maim his team as much as possible to reduce his chances of winning future games, therefore benefiting me and my future. I'll Pile On with no mercy in any tournament match, regardless of the casaulties for or against.

If It's not a tournament match, and It's not someone I have a grudge with, I'll hold up on blocking and fouling late in the game. However, if someone has kept me from say winning the game or earning a tie, I may decide to punish them for it. Smile I'll respect their skill/luck but since I'm losing 3SPP for what was a possible TD, I'll try to find SPP's in... other ways. Or just plain hurt their team with an enjoyable 8th turn foul. Nothing like the nice splash sound when you least expect it (unless of course It's one of my players, heheh).

Ahh.. back in the days when I had a conscience, worrying about fouling and what not.. glad those days are gone. Bring on the pain!
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 07:53 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a bit off topic, but why in the heck do you want to maim other teams in your tournament unless you know for certain you will play them again?

So, for example, if you are, to make it simple, in a four team tournament - teams A, B, C , and D. Your team A plays team B and you purposely try to destroy them. Then, teams C and D get an easy win thanks to you.

Ignoring anything other then just looking out for your own interests, this seems a counterproductive strategy...
jtruhe

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Man, I need to get Horny (my best mino) some cool sunglasses
Fudge

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with swillhelm73 if you destroy another team the others get an easier ride and can focus getting more easy spp, and thus get stronger then you.
So unessesary destroying another team in a tourny is more selfdestructive since you help all others except the one you hurt.
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, some have brain some lack... Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

If you make the other team drop out of the tourny, then the other teams get no spp, so that could work.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Whoever drops out of a tourney due to injuries/death/bad luck never should have joined the tourney. I.e. I hope nobody bashes other teams in a tourney with the sole purpose to get the coach to drop out - as that has the potential of seriously reducing the "quality" of a tourney. (up to making it entirely unplayable, if it happens a lot).

-Mnemon
MixX

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2003 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm, this must be the all-time most lame post I've seen here, I hope it's a joke... "Not block in turn 8".. well, let's not Block at all then, right? Let's just, for time-saving purposes, award prizes to those who choose to play elves right away, and not bother with playing the game!

Sorry, I am just getting soooooo tired of weak squashy teams whining! And yes, I only have bashy teams, and yes the reason is because they fit my style of play! Yeah I'm a bloodthirsty freak, and proud of it too! I doubt anyone would say "I'm a tights-wearing, pointy-eared git, and proud of it" but if you do.. say that, and shut up about blocks/fouls.

PS/ I don't mean to attack whoever made this post or anything, I just needed to get off some steam!
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2003 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Mixx wrote:

Sorry, I am just getting soooooo tired of weak squashy teams whining! And yes, I only have bashy teams, and yes the reason is because they fit my style of play! Yeah I'm a bloodthirsty freak, and proud of it too! I doubt anyone would say "I'm a tights-wearing, pointy-eared git, and proud of it" but if you do.. say that, and shut up about blocks/fouls.

I am a "tights-wearing, pointy-eared git, and proud of it." Actually, I like leather. But as a Dark elf I have nothing against fouls or blocks, and could only hope this thread was a joke.

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't. There seems to be a wierd vibe around fumbbl nowadays. Where once people used to play anyone, it degraded down to people playing only monster teams, and now it seems to have flipflopped, and the pansy movement has grown out of control. Makes me plenty sick, myself. Seems I can't get a "regular" game in, anymore.

Does anyone still on fumbbl play games in which you try to both hit AND score?

Asperon Thorn
Sionis

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2003 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll block on turn 1... and I sure as hell will block on turn 16.
Wuhan

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2003 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Block, Foul, push out of bounds. Hell I'll pass the ball so you're tempted to make a pass block and fail a dodge for an armor roll T16.
Traitor

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2003 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Usually. 2 spp's are 2 spp's. And if those 2 spp's will get me an advancement, well, there's really not much to talk about, is there?

If someone's been playing a clean game(no fouling, no pointless blocking), I may return the favor and hold off blocks or fouls in the last turn.

Then again, there is no better time to plunge the wicked dagger of betrayal into their unexpecting backs, now is there? I didn't get this name, I earned it!
asteflix

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2019 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Blocking turn 16 is a-okay by me.

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2019 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

omg, this isn't really a question. Being against t16 blocking is like being against others adding sugar to their coffee.... Surprised
Dominik

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2019 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

asteflix wrote:
Blocking turn 16 is a-okay by me.

So why do you reply to a 15 year old thread?
 Jump to: