66 coaches online • Server time: 22:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
adambomb

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2009 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Just wondering about the team assignments for each division....shouldn't they be done according to TR? There's a couple teams with TR>160 in Group 1 while in the Veterams division there's a couple teams with TR 150 or less. Would make more sense to me that all the teams in a division start out at relatively equal TRs to avoid handicaps.
Royston

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2009 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

adambomb wrote:
Just wondering about the team assignments for each division....shouldn't they be done according to TR? There's a couple teams with TR>160 in Group 1 while in the Veterams division there's a couple teams with TR 150 or less. Would make more sense to me that all the teams in a division start out at relatively equal TRs to avoid handicaps.

I can answer this, mainly because it was me and Shades who sorted out the divisions.

We did indeed sort them out based on TR, but with one added difference. All three divisions are 50/50 Chaos slash Nurgle, as the top 5 rated teams are all Chaos that means lower teams such as mine got through (12th in the list).

I also had the same TR as Araz, but got chosen for the VeteRams because of my higher TS. Confused

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2009 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

And the new season has kicked off with a 3-0 win for last season's Quarter Finalists Strange Geysers.

This match caused much amusement in #HaloBowl as you can see below:

[21:57] <McVily|afk> (6, 4) + 0, 5: Queen Is-a-Fella has been seriously injured!!
[21:57] <McVily|afk> (62) Smashed Ankle - (-1 MA)
[21:57] <McVily|afk> (1) Queen Is-a-Fella does NOT regenerate.
[21:57] <McVily|afk> IGMEOY Roll = 1
[21:57] <Kharn|ex|v|p> \o/
[21:58] <McVily|afk> that will be very slow beast
[21:58] *** Kharn|ex|v|p changed nick to Kharnete
[21:59] *** rfitz|BBB changed nick to ryanfitz
[21:59] <Royston|BBB> Slow beasts are still beasts.
[21:59] <Royston|BBB> He'll be like a touchy feely mummy.
[21:59] <ryanfitz> everyone knows a beast can still foul with MA3
[21:59] *** Royston|BBB changed nick to Royston
[22:00] <ryanfitz> i mean what kinda complete biter fouls T16
[22:00] <Royston> Very Happy
[22:00] <Royston> I got 2 skills from that game.
[22:01] <McVily|afk> \o/
[22:01] <McVily|afk> nice

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2009 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Ingame Statement: "<ryanfitz> give em da hoof"!

That's how we love it! Very Happy
Kharnete

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2009 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet Horns Alabama BBC played his first BBB game against Maelstrom of Maladies, who previously rapped Sweet Horns by 4-0 on Sheep Pen.

This time Sweet Horns got the victory (2-0), and they won RIP contest too by 2-1, RSC goat included.

Nuffle liked this sacrifice, as both skill rolls shows: +st and +ag \o/
adambomb

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2009 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Royston wrote:
All three divisions are 50/50 Chaos slash Nurgle, as the top 5 rated teams are all Chaos that means lower teams such as mine got through (12th in the list).

I don't find this surprising at all. As I mentioned in Season 1, there seems to be a distinct advantage to playing a Chaos team as you can buy an apothecary while the Rotter's cannot...thus the Rotters don't get to develop their beastmen as much and often are playing shorthanded because they continually have to buy replacements. The regeneration doesn't come into play as Rotters cannot be bought but must be made....which doesn't happen very often. My Beast with RSC and multi-block has only done it once, and that was before the RSC.

In short, were I to do it all over again I definitely would have entered a Chaos team, not a Nurgle team. I must admit it is fun trying to make Rotters though! Wink
Synn

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2009 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Also helps when the coaches using chaos aren't complete noobs Very Happy

__Synn
Grin

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2009 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Baaahh...Chaos sucks!

But I think Rotters have an advantage BESIDE regeneration. Chaos can only have 13 players (12 beasts + 1 BG) [not counting the CW some of us have Wink], Rotters can make -----> exactly: Rotters! So they can start a match with 14 or 15 players, which IS an advantage. The fact, that the Nurgle-Coaches seem unable to protect their Rotters doesn't change that.

But as you see on Season 1 Chaos Warrior, he is also gone by now! Wink
MasterMag

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2009 - 06:44 Reply with quote Back to top

BugBug the blodging troll!
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=6429950
Since the rest of the guys will all take mutations on doubles I thought I'd make him as hard to catch as the winds he spews forth from all body openings...
adambomb

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2009 - 06:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I still think not having an apo is a big disadvantage for the Rotter's teams....In the last match against MasterMag I killed a guy, he apoths it....no difference in numbers. He SI-mng's my Mighty Block, Buzzing guy he's out for 2 games and nothing I can do about it. The chance to make Rotters isn't a huge advantage. In the history of the BBB, how many Rotters have been made? In the history of the BBB, how many Nurgle teams have lost players to injuries they couldn't apoth? How many Chaos teams have players with 2 or more skills vs Rotters teams?

Maybe I'm just bitter because Nuffle keeps absolutely stuffing me (and I played like a bonehead in my last match).
MasterMag

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2009 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I agree with mr Bomb about the chaos-nurglle balance, we can apo our best players to keep them from getting retired/killed and they can't.
Problem is, what to do about it? We can't really forbit the apo from the chaos teams, then the nurgle teams would have too much of an advantage, the beast is just way better than the other bg's.
Maybe allowing free skillups on the beasts, discount them in whole from the 1 skill/team rule, just to give them at least a little greater chance of getting the rotters?
Wraith

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2009 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The apothecary vs rotter thing is all about preference... each has it's own pros and cons. The apothecary is better, because it's more accessible, but that's my opinion.

If you really wanted to make a little closer, just force the coach that uses the apothecary, to sit the player for the remainder of the match. This way, the apothecary is still very helpful in terms of team building (just as rotters are), but it loses it ability to change the outcome of the individual matches. Although, I would also suggest that new rotters have to sit in the same game that they're created.

This makes both abilities fit into the team building theme, while removing any benefits they offer during the individual matches.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2009 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

And for the record, when you had the chance to take dp on rolling the double adambomb, why be boring and take a pesky mutation? Fouling is by far the easiest way to create nice new little rotters Wink
adambomb

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2009 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I already had a DP at the time....or I didn't want to waste a double on a skill that one of the beastmen could pick up on a regular skill roll. besides RSC + MultiBlock = the ability to make 2 rotters at the same time!!! Razz
Grin

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2009 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

So how is it going, folks?! Play your games! Smile
 Jump to: