40 coaches online • Server time: 11:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
G_Force

Post   Posted: May 01, 2009 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

MonkeyBongos wrote:

Edit2: Naturally, I'd like to get into the main White Isle League at some point, but I'm a little confused...should I now go and register a team with the WIL proper and wait while I play in the fringe?

I think the intention is from next season onwards that the WIL recruitment will be exclusively from the fringe. The majority of Fringe season 1 players were the main WIL waiting list at that time.

I'm not sure yet if it's been thrashed out how WIL applications will work from this point in, I would think as it used to be mainly by PM to register prefered race choices then a group PM to the fringe requesting WIL applications when the time is right would be the way to go.

G_Force

Post   Posted: May 01, 2009 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

i put my post above into WIL recruitment thread too and here is the outcome confirming that Fringe is now the way for new players to get into WIL....

Purplegoo wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:
Does this Fringe thing mean that restarting coaches get to join at 100TR, but fringe coaches come in at anything from 100 up to 150TR?

Our on-going policy will be thus;

Restarting coaches 100% have a place in the league the following Season with a TR100 team. Their place is guaranteed. They also have first 'pick' draft wise.

The Fringe will be the manner in which we fill holes created by coaches that leave or are kicked, taking over from the previous recruitment method. Should there be few restarts or places in the main league, promotion of TR125 capped teams will be allowed from the Fringe. In the case of seasons where we have many restarters, they will be asked to start TR100 teams so they don't garner advantages over current coaches. Fringe coaches also have to go through the draft as would all new recruits, so they may not get the race they've run so far, so that would mean a restart anyway. I think we've been lucky this time that applicable spots have opened up!

This season Caradonna was asked to restart instead of promote his team, for example, as we had a good quantity of teams under TR125.

This coming season, we have 5 restarts, so split evenly across the Regionals, I felt that our 6 n00bs wouldn't garner massive advantage if Fringe teams came with them. 125 is the biggest they can get. Initially, I was against teams coming up, but frankly, the Fringe is competitive, teams are capped at 125 (iirc shadow has only brought 9 DE with him, one team is Vampires, it's not like we have min maxed [R] teams with uber skills here), so I'm warming to the idea of coaches attached to their teams coming up.

Hope that helps!

Also: Big grats to G and hurry up remaining Prem games!

And yar: To join, enter Fringe. I send out a group Fringe PM before I look to fill holes detailing how to apply to the main league. You need not ever PM me, I come for you. Wink

spubbbba

Post   Posted: May 05, 2009 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Embarassed
I missed the past few posts, odd as i usually look through unread posts each time i check out the forum.

Yes the plan is that all coaches who want to join the main league will now come through the Fringe. The aim will be to keep a good racial balance between the 3 categories (Rock, Scissors, Parer) and between the 21 teams.

Fringe leagues and cups are a maximum of 4 games so it is the ideal time to try out a new race as you can always start over with a new team after that competition is over and you can choose to start with a new team when you join the main WIL rather than keeping your Fringe team.

Also I'd like to announce the launch of Season 2 of the Fringe!

The draw has now been made so PM your opponents and get those games played, 1 already has been.

The Fringe is always recruiting so any UK or Uk based coaches (we take some non-UK coaches too as long as they can play at key european time) looking to join drop me a PM with the teams you'd like to use.

Post   Posted: May 25, 2009 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I've applied to join the WIL Fringe with a 'Dynamite' Halfling Team. I am currently in the WIL Dragon Conference and thoroughly enjoying the challenge and atmosphere of this great league.

I am finding Leagues much more fun than Ranked or Blackbox and want some more League action. The Fringe will also give me the opportunity to play a more challenging and fun team.
Emissary

Post   Posted: May 27, 2009 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Have applied to the Fringe with my Dark Elf team Smile
PacoSillas

Post   Posted: May 27, 2009 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

WIL Fringe Guernsey Division II ended yesterday in a really interesting game for the tittle. The Wergild Enforcers were the underdogs beeing placed prior the game in the group last position but the division was so contended that a win could place them on top. Tartan fury, having won the first couple of games had more chances since even a draw was enough for them, but they had suffered some injuries and didn't have a full line up for the final match. That fact, along with a weak blocking from the dwarfs who prolly had been celebrating the tittle ahead of time with some strong spirits, finally gave the nordic barbarians the victory. Still that was not enough for the brave norses as TD difference made Tartan the winners of the division.
PacoSillas, the norse coach, was seen charging towards the comisioners office with a bersek look in his eyes while yelling ... we won them, we bested them, we deserve the tittle ... by Khorne!!!

Congrats to Camy on the division win and thanks to Monkey and Russo for the fun (even if short lived mini league) ... and the rest of you ... rush to play the games so we can have the cup started Smile
spubbbba

Post   Posted: May 27, 2009 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

PacoSillas wrote:
WIL Fringe Guernsey Division II ended yesterday in a really interesting game for the tittle. The Wergild Enforcers were the underdogs beeing placed prior the game in the group last position but the division was so contended that a win could place them on top. Tartan fury, having won the first couple of games had more chances since even a draw was enough for them, but they had suffered some injuries and didn't have a full line up for the final match. That fact, along with a weak blocking from the dwarfs who prolly had been celebrating the tittle ahead of time with some strong spirits, finally gave the nordic barbarians the victory. Still that was not enough for the brave norses as TD difference made Tartan the winners of the division.
PacoSillas, the norse coach, was seen charging towards the comisioners office with a bersek look in his eyes while yelling ... we won them, we bested them, we deserve the tittle ... by Khorne!!!

Congrats to Camy on the division win and thanks to Monkey and Russo for the fun (even if short lived mini league) ... and the rest of you ... rush to play the games so we can have the cup started Smile

Actually PacoSillas the Fringe uses the WIL scoring system if teams are tied on points.

The first consideration is results between the 2 teams so by beating Camy you won the league. Sadly the group page does not let me change the points once the league is ended and it automatically arranges teams by TD diff. But you can at least display the trouphy on from the 1st page of this thread.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2009 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

I'd like to join the WIL Fringe, if possible. I fit all the qualifying criteria and have a team ready, which I have applied with.

Ruthless and Divine

Thanks. Hope to see you on the pitch.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: May 28, 2009 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Jonah wrote:
Hi

I'd like to join the WIL Fringe, if possible. I fit all the qualifying criteria and have a team ready, which I have applied with.

Ruthless and Divine

Thanks. Hope to see you on the pitch.

Hey Jonah

Your team has been accepted into the group. We will be kicking off a big Knock Out cup in mid June, all the new coaches will be in the draw and the numbers will be made up by the coaches already in the WIL with Dynamite teams.
Any team that loses in round one will be entered into the Fringe Plate and so you'll get at least 2 games.

Mind you there are a couple of Fringe coaches being a bit crap at getting their games played so i might be looking for replacements for games 2 or 3 if they don't sort things out.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2009 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope to be able to launch the Fringe KO Cup on June 11th. 5 league games are still outstanding so get them played asap please as i won't be able to give much in the way of deadlines for them.

At the moment we have 17 new coaches able to play in the Fringe Cup and 8 Dynamite teams so if i can recruit a few more people we can make it a 32 team 5 round KO tournament and a 16 strong plate!

I've already been contacted by a couple of people who are inetersted in joining so if they both submit teams we'll be up to 27 and i can always make a goblin team. Otherwise i'll fudge it so that some of the dynamite teams get a forfeit and go straight to the 2nd round that way all the new coaches can be guarteened either 2 games in the cup or a game in the cup and plate minimum. It would also leave some spaces in the plate for late joiners.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2009 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Howdy,

Can you please confirm me that my team (/http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=564456) is on the new Fringe teams list?

I applied a few weeks ago and was not mentioned in the rookie coaches list.
jthorpe

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2009 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey,

I have applied to join the fringe with my team Surrey - http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=568480

Looking forward to playing, cheers.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2009 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a minimum Fan Factor to enter the Fringe and that is 7.
Sorry helvis i missed your team earlier.

We are also full of the following races; Skaven, Orcs and Dark Elves.

Aside from that the other races are fine, but we are especially looking for the other scissors teams (Necromantics, Norse, Nurgle and Lizardmen).

So both of you will have to apply with different teams to be in th Fringe I'm afraid (jthorpe Chaos Dwarfs are still fine, just not with FF6).

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2009 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

ah ok, my bad! Will make a new team and reapply! Sorry about that
jthorpe

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2009 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

OK reapplied with CD again, just changed a BC for a troll and now have 9 FF. Cheers and sorry about the mix up beforehand.

Here's the link for Surrey2 http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=568497
 Jump to: