17 coaches online • Server time: 06:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2010 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

As the first week of the first Mini Leagues seasons is nearly up there's one story dominating the news, writes Mott Johnson.
The bounties have provoked a lot of interest, with many attempts to take down some of the real legends of BB7s.

D'Lar MK IV was one of the brightest stars in 7s with 133 star player points in 69 games. He struck fear into the other team, with 36 casualties to his record, and 11 MVPS recognising his massive contribution to the team. Amongst his many impressive claims: 2nd most active lizardman league cas, 2nd most active lizardmen league mvp, 8th most valuable all time league lizardman.

The Pied Piper's Green GRAWR quickly identified him as a key target, with Lineorc Wail tasked with taking him down for good.
The crowd held their breath as Wail systematically sought to end D'Lar's reign of terror. In the first half Wail fouled D'Lar in consecutive turns just before half time. The second foul really had the crowd on their feet, as D'Lar was looking badly hurt until the Khaos Invaders' Apo worked some magic with the sponge.

Half way through the second half, with D'Lar once again prone, Wail finally got his man. D'Lar and the fans knew what was coming. A size 15 boot in the head. This time it proved fatal. One of the brightest stars had be snuffed out.
Somehow The Khaos Invaders hung on for a 1-1 draw, with Aging D'ven MkIII putting in a fine effort to hold things together for his badly depleted team.
After many games of scouts coming to The Invaders' games to consider recruiting D'Lar, it was D'ven (who impressed in a way D'Lar had never quite managed) who caught the attention and got drafted to the big leagues.

After the game Hitonagashi said "Our experiments are nearing completion! We thought D'lar might have been the pinnacle of what you can do with saurii magically, but evidently we were wrong! His durability gene needs some work...you haven't seen the last of this clonebreed, I tell you!"

The Pied Piper explained his motivational secrets "Before the game I kind of felt sorry for Wail because his linemate Shriek was overshadowing him with extra skills and being the fan favourite so I just told him, "go out there, have some fun, kick some Lizzies around". Of course, I forgot that the only thing fun to Orcs is killing others so when Bash put D'Lar on the ground there was only one thing that was going to happen when it came to Wail's turn and sure enough, the extraordinarily loud squelch followed by the roar of his teammates and the crowd brought a painful end to D'Lar's long and industrious 7s career.

I went to congratulate Wail on his accomplishment after the game and he seemed confused. All he said was, "if he was such a good player, why wasn't he a pro by now?"

Green GRAWR claimed their bonus points for making good on a Bounty, and The Khaos Invaders are left with a lot of rebuilding to do. Lets hope for more great action in BB7s this league and over the next 11 months.

For details of all the Bounties on offer at the moment click here
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2010 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Grab has been hunted. Killed dead by chaos. Bounty awarded for highest SPPs in Street league last time round, he was in fact highest SPP earner in any league last time. He was a crappy thrower tho. Now hes gone......
 Jump to: