32 coaches online • Server time: 07:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Peter_Fritzon

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2009 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

My BB Dwarf team (http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&team_id=584560) got 160' to spend.

What to do?

1. One or two RR
2. One RR and a new Longbeard
3. One or two Longberads
4. Hire a star for next game (who?)

How many RR do I want to have as a maximum?

I really like -ag longberads, should I be more carefull with them than the lonbeard with ag 2?
maysrill

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2009 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Solid Option: 2 rerolls (with 6 you can use them fairly liberally on defense to roll for POWs)

Fun Option: 2 stars for next game. With lots of DPs and cheap/good fodder, undead, necro and khemri often have high TS for their TR. If you take Grim and Zara, you may increase your odds of facing them by inflating your own TS.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
clarkin

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2009 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

-ag longbeards are fantastic for TS just cos it's Blackbox, nice to have 2, but no treat them just like the others.

13 players, 4 RRs, all positionals bought. The team's pretty much set. Use your money to keep the team at this level (eg for replacing positionals).

For now I'd buy Zara to help you win your next game, and then do that every time your cash goes over 100k again. (so keep a buffer of money to be able to replace players if you have a deathfest)
Peter_Fritzon

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2009 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

clarkin:
So if I understand you correct:
Never more than 4 RR (if not, when should I buy number 5?)
Never more than 13 players (if not, when should i buy number 14?)
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2009 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

2 rr, ftw, they are cheap, they are nice... and you can afford em Very Happy (actually it would be wiser in many ways to go with 1 RR and one player) .... but 5 RR just doesn't give you the same edge of control where you can just start burning rerolls whenever you want....

and 14 players (13 next game) would be help.... but you would have to pay alot for it too.... while RR just are way too cheap for this race in both TS and TR

if you don't buy RR.... you should get rid of the crap... assistant /cheerleader... they will cost you 10k next match...

edit: uh maysrill already stated the two RR option Smile

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %01, %2009 - %16:%Sep; edited 2 times in total
Sionis

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2009 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm personally a fan of getting another longbeard. Keeps the developed players off the LOS next game and gives you a bit of a buffer assuming your next game is relatively calm.
Peter_Fritzon

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2009 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

"if you don't buy RR.... you should get rid of the crap... assistant /cheerleader... they will cost you 10k next match... "
How can you know that?
Should you allways keep them at 0?

I have decided to buy one RR, but I am not sure if I go for another RR or a LB.

13 players have been enough so far, but I tend to foul to seldom, and with a extra LB I can afford to do it mor often.
Juff

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2009 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep TR below these 25k bands to maximise winnings; http://fumbbl.com/help:Winnings
Peter_Fritzon

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2009 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Aha, thanks.

I will raise TR no mather wath so i keep the CL and AC.
Juff

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2009 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Spending cash will raise your TS, but not your TR. Unspent cash counts towards TR regardless. Sack the AC and CL :p
Peter_Fritzon

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2009 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Aha, should I never have any AC or CL, I like them girl dorfs in short skirts.

Should I buy them again when they don't do that i go over a 25 TR score?
Juff

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2009 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

They generally aren't ever worth buying. I'll retire my niggles/crippled players into ACs, and then I'll fire them when it'll drop me a winnings bracket (or handi bracket for scheduled leagues).
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2009 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

If you buy a reroll... you will reduce your TR by 4.... effectivly it won't cost you money now, so besides giving up handicaps on your opponents(little big besides) it won't affect you negativly for now...

EDIT: and yes.... common sense dictates to play without the limited help of assistant coaches and cheerleaders... however with a limited amount of RR it can be sometimes a help.... and now... you don't have tons of them so it''s not such a big deal... it's still not the way to go to be maximum competetive....

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %01, %2009 - %18:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Peter_Fritzon

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2009 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

That was to late
=)
Peter_Fritzon

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2009 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I bought 1 RR and 1 LB.

Now I will get me another RR ASAP and then save money to be able to replace a positional and if it goes over 100' I will hire Zara.
 Jump to: