34 coaches online • Server time: 12:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
swladmin

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2010 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok it was the first season using the new PM system to track game times and compile a schedule of games.

What are your thoughts guys did you like it, hate it, anything you would like to change, dont bother doing it next season whatever.

Let me know your thoughts so we could streamline the system a bit better and make it more user friendly.

One thought I have had is now that people know of and are used to the swladmin system maybe the onus can be on you to add me into the conversation and matches can be tracked that way.

One of the bigger beefs has been getting PM's 1-3 rounds ahead of time depending where they were up to as opposed to their next opponent, although this was mostly for round 1 where some coaches got ahead of schedule fairly fast.

So say your piece and we'll keep the SWL the premier league on FUMBBL for innovation. Cool
Foad

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2010 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I liked it, it was easy to use and great to reference.

I don't have an issue getting PM's ahead of time - it's good to know what coming up.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2010 - 05:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It worked well.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2010 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

agreed, thought it worked fine. better than before i'm certain
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2010 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, nice and organised. Hopefully as a league we can step up and do our own PM'ing next season!

As an aside, I'd like to see some more match reports - even if only in channel BB or something. Or if you do write a match report, perhaps a link or duplicate from the channel bb forum?
I for one will be reporting again from next season, as it may well be the Lizzie's last (or my new teams first), so a nice excuse to get some fluff going.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2010 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I had no problem with it, but I've yet to really have problems organising my game anyway (other than when the opponents simply never respond and nothing is going to help that). I'm still in that enthusaistic stage where though I'm always looking forward to the next game. The cost of the system is entirely on the person running it, it's no hassle for us. The only question to me is whether or not it really helped improve the issue it was there to improve.

I felt that getting a pm while neither myself nor my opponent had played their previous game was too early. It wasn't a hassle to get the pm early, it just felt like it wasn't really prompting me because I couldn't organise the game anyway at the time it reminded me to do so. Something that automatically sent it out when the game was ready to be played would be great, but it's not easy to set up I imagine.
swladmin

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2010 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The intention of the system was for people to be able to check my profile page and see when their next opponent was playing and schedule according to that. So in theory you could have more than 1 game scheduled at a time or at least be tentatively suggesting times based on that.

True Irgy, part of the basis for this was to be able to monitor potential no shows by knowing in advance when the game was on. This would allow admins to check chat logs to see who the offending party was by narrowing down the search to a specific time or actually be online when the game was supposed to be played.

And FYI everything was done manually so it would require a more rigorous attendance to be sending PM's on the dot when games are played. I found it a lot easier to mass send pm's and just pasting the message into each one. The normal I aimed for was the Wednesday before the due date that the next round was sent out.

Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2010 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

i think we can put up with the 'advance notice' pm's. The game schedule on the profile was a very good idea though, I have to admit. I referred to it quite regularly.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2010 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I liked the whole system. As noted, it doesn't stop being being slow or rubbish in replying, but I like it anyway.
erikekers

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2010 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I was a fan. It made me feel guilty about not pming so I ended up organising games earlier than normal.

But as Irgy said it takes no extra effort on the part of the blebs so it is up to the admin team to decide if it was worth the extra effort
Tomay

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2010 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I wasa ew, BIG FAN AD it worked very well thnKS to obsarmy three cheers for vbob, hip hip horray... hiphip horray hipip? (YOUR TURN)?

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2010 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hooray Wink
Thanks drunken Tomay
So where are these holiday tourneys then. *nudge*
C'mon I need a reason to stay up late and BB my life away.

Redgum

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2010 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

liked it. Keep it going.

Post 10 Posted: Dec 12, 2010 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems like some kind of good idea.

You're welcome Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2010 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, was always going to be a good idea, just needed someone willing to put in the mammoth effort, thanks bob, beware the next ice-age.