57 coaches online • Server time: 19:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
wich skill for this strange ogre?
block
78%
 78%  [ 15 ]
pass
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
another skill
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

vitas

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2010 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

This team http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=503454
and this ogre
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=6172348
get a double
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2010 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure hands. You need the extra reroll, and it helps with pesky elves and the like that have Strip ball. If they don't have Sb you can let the Block AG3 ogre take the ball.

Nice team!

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2010 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

your kidding, right? block. Str 5 block is a huge amount harder to take down then w/o block, they have about a 25% chance of taking you down on a -2d, and only a 30%ish chance of dropping themselves. pass isnt a bad choice... but block helps for 16 turns while pass will likely only help on turn 8 or turn 16.
vitas

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2010 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

right, but how many chances to get a +AG pass ogre?
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2010 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

ShAd0wS wrote:
your kidding, right? block. Str 5 block is a huge amount harder to take down then w/o block, they have about a 25% chance of taking you down on a -2d, and only a 30%ish chance of dropping themselves. pass isnt a bad choice... but block helps for 16 turns while pass will likely only help on turn 8 or turn 16.

Heh....

Only about 25% on -2d? Not exactly? Sorry, I'm being annoying Razz

-2d with Strip ball against Block let's them take the ball from you 4/9 times, which is more than 1/4. There is another ogre with ag3 and block already. On top of that, with 3 rerolls this team really needs reroll skills.

I say pass is blah, score by walking into the end zone, not by getting lucky with throws.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2010 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

not talking about losing the ball, i was talking about the ogre actually going down. and generally aside from elves strip ball isn't a hugely popular skill, so block is going to come in handy for hanging onto the ball more then strip ball will. Really on just about any big guy, any double aside from 6/6 is automatically block for me.
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2010 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

ShAd0wS wrote:
not talking about losing the ball, i was talking about the ogre actually going down. and generally aside from elves strip ball isn't a hugely popular skill, so block is going to come in handy for hanging onto the ball more then strip ball will. Really on just about any big guy, any double aside from 6/6 is automatically block for me.

Perhaps you weren't talking about losing the ball, but you were asking if I was kidding (I think, the"your kidding" part could mean something else). And since the question was asked in a general way, I replied with what I saw as best for the team.

It is of course possible that you have more insight into the matter, having played ogres more than I have, but I gave the best advice I could, with no amount of kidding involved. I do feel pretty confident about my view on this matter though.

Of course Block is a great skill, I merely suggest that the team will win more games with SH. Some teams do have Strip Ball.