47 coaches online • Server time: 19:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2011 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

When the ball goes off the pitch due to scatter after a kick, it still shows in the last space it passed over before leaving. There is no obvious way to tell whether it is supposed to land in that space or whether it is a touchback. If you know the space it was aimed at and count, you might be able to tell, but often the receiving team will not have enough time to be able to mark the target space.

I would appreciate it if the ball would not show on the pitch when a touchback is occurring, so that you can easily tell. Barring that, a note of some kind in the game text would be appreciated.
Bobs

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2011 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

It will show on the pitch when it will land and maybe scatter out of bounds. If it goes directly off the pitch it wont show up anywhere but be an instant touchback.

As far as i have seen anyway Wink

t0tem

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2011 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

thats right

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2011 - 05:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Incorrect. Please look at the replay from this game, the kickoff to start the 2nd half. The ball is visible in the Skaven player's end zone, and he actually moves a player towards it with the Quick Snap. However, it was actually a touchback - it goes directly out of bounds, without scattering further upon landing.
Igvy

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2011 - 06:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The TARGET kick position is marked by the ball. The position after scatter is marked by a green box. Then the ball is moved to this spot after the kick skills is used (or not used). (kickoff table now) then it bounces one square.

In your case it just bounced out of bounds.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2011 - 07:32 Reply with quote Back to top

There doesn't seem to be a roll for any bounce.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2011 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup; well I couldn't swear to it, I'm pretty sure I've also had games where it goes out, and the icon stays on the screen making it unclear as to whether or not a touchback has occurred.
stej

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2011 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick! to the test mode!
peikko

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2011 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

stej wrote:
Quick! to the test mode!

/me plays Batman theme.
uuni

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2011 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

This appears to be an occurance of this bug: http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs&op=view&id=651.

I can confirm that I have also had a feeling that the ball was shown on the field when it was out of field already, but I haven't been able to reliably reproduce it before.

Perhaps this report should be added to the old bug or a new report with more accurate name should be created? Any way, I think the OP has witnessed a bug.
Timlagor

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2011 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like the target is showing while the green square is off the field and the coach doens't realise the green square should exist.