32 coaches online • Server time: 09:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How far can a MA2 player move on a Pass Block?
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
62%
 62%  [ 56 ]
P.I.E.
7%
 7%  [ 7 ]
Anyone who gives a Treeman Pass Block doesn't deserve Nuffle's Favour.
24%
 24%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 90

grs28

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2011 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

*Disclaimer* This is entirely theoretical and I don't imagine it'll ever matter. Smile

If someone has pass block and a movement less than 3, how many squares do they move when pass blocking?

Pass block says that you can move up to three squares, but it also states that the move is subject to all of the normal rules and skills.

So which takes priority?
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2011 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess they would have to make a GFI if it was only possible to intercept the ball in the 3rd square, but really, when is a tree ever going to have that skill? They would have to pass take root first as well.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2011 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

This is in fact in the FAQ of the actual rules.

Q: If a player has MA 1 or MA 2, can he still move 3 squares on a Pass Block?
A: Yes, Pass Block only allows you to move up to 3 squares, and no more, even if your MA is less than 3.

Sorry for being a spoilsport. Smile

Edit: That FAQ question also covers GFIs. No you can't Go For It during a Pass Block action. Additionally, it also states that Pass Block is NOT an Action, so you wouldn't roll for Take Root.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2011 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir wrote:
This is in fact in the FAQ of the actual rules.

Q: If a player has MA 1 or MA 2, can he still move 3 squares on a Pass Block?
A: Yes, Pass Block only allows you to move up to 3 squares, and no more, even if your MA is less than 3.

Sorry for being a spoilsport. Smile

Edit: That FAQ question also covers GFIs. No you can't Go For It during a Pass Block action. Additionally, it also states that Pass Block is NOT an Action, so you wouldn't roll for Take Root.

This. Also, as I can't remember but I believe it's in the rules, can treemen who've already taken root use pass block? I think the answer was no, but...
grs28

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2011 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooooh, fancy! Using the FAQ has to be cheating. Wink

Could be a little tiny titchy bit useful if we ever get the all treeman league going again. Smile

Edit: And no, take root is quite clear that you can't move under any circumstance.

Last edited by grs28 on %b %17, %2011 - %18:%Jan; edited 2 times in total
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2011 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hogshine wrote:
can treemen who've already taken root use pass block? I think the answer was no, but...

The answer is no, because Take Root states that you may not "use any skill that would allow him to move out of his current square or be Placed Prone".
grs28 wrote:
Ooooh, fancy! Using the FAQ has to be cheating. Wink

Could be a little tiny titchy bit useful if we ever get the all treeman league going again. Smile

I'm just using the FAQ to prove that I'm right, I didn't have to look it up. I just happened to re-read the rules recently for this new-fangled client you youngsters got.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2011 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I only thought of this because my treeman took root trying to stand up in the new client, and I was looking in the rules in case it was a bug.
ignatzami

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2011 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd pass block a treeman all day long!
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2011 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

This leads me to two questions of my own

1/ can a rooted tree use jump up to make a block? (would still be a 4+ to stand for a jump up roll, same as trying to stand up so it seems like a good skill to get)

2/ How does thick skill combine with stunty? does it mean a stunty will only be ko'd on a 7 and 9, but not on an 8?
Sinner

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2011 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

freak_in_a_frock wrote:
This leads me to two questions of my own
2/ How does thick skill combine with stunty? does it mean a stunty will only be ko'd on a 7 and 9, but not on an 8?

na, thick skull applies after modifications. So a
- 7 (+1 for stunty) =8 is stun, because of thick skull
- 8 (+1 for stunty) =9 is ko
- 9 (+1 for stunty) =10 is injured

So it would help by getting one stun in exchange for a ko result. Same as with non-stunties, but on a lower bracket

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2011 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty no longer modifies the injury roll, instead it now makes 7 a ko and a 9 a badly hurt (which actually makes half my question wrong,)

So would it be 7 ko'd, 8 stunned?
Sinner

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2011 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

freak_in_a_frock wrote:
Stunty no longer modifies the injury roll, instead it now makes 7 a ko and a 9 a badly hurt (which actually makes half my question wrong,)

So would it be 7 ko'd, 8 stunned?

Yeah, lol - I looked at LRB5 not CRP.

7 ko
8 stun
9 badly hurt
10+ regular injurie roll

So thick skull is a real treat to stunties Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2011 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I sure hope LRB7 fixes this obvious exploit! All my trees with now take pass block on doubles, this is clearly broken.

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2011 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Remember that to be able to do a passblock you need to end up in a spot where you are allowed to either intercept or mark the thrower or catcher, also dodge-rolls will still be rolled.

So unless you place yourself close to an unmarked, non-rooted tree, he will never get to use his Pass Block action.
Not that broken...
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2011 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

on the other hand, i am 100% sure that i would not check a tree for passblock...
 Jump to: