35 coaches online • Server time: 01:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2011 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

may i suggest you to edit the first post so that we can easily see which players have been selected?

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2011 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure, I'll do that (I even plan on writing short PMs to a player's former owner, if something special happens to him). I already had further ideas... I'm quite excited about this project by now, mostly because of all the great players you guys offer. Since I can't promise to make a great, successful team, I'll probably focus more on the fun part...

For example I thought about skill choice and three alternatives to simply giving skills to a player came to my mind so far:

1. A player tries to regain his former abilities (almost impossible in most cases, but still fun).
2. A player is still filled with nostalgia and secretly asks his former coach (that would be you) for advice how to develop best.
3. A player is totally out of his mind and choses whatever he wants (randomly).

I think I'll find an interesting combination. Very Happy

Anyway, I don't have that much time, so this will probably take some time.
Sixletters

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2011 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Vernon the Sexually Aggressive
Spandex
Curro

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2011 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=4900006

That one was my injury collector. Feel free to give him a second chance to collect the -AV and the niggle he's looking for.

Curro
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2011 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I almost forgot Bruktafn who was actually retired without injury
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2011 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

It was a lot of copy+paste work, but I finally went through all your players and stitched a whole team together - with lots of guys on the waiting lists!
You can find comments on some players and a list of those I had do decline (thanks for the offer anyway!) in my first post on this topic.

Take a look at your past players' bios, for some of them I added one or two sentences. Smile

Any complaints I should take into account before I submit the team to approval?
Kinks

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2011 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I realise I've already requested one player and that you have already made your team, but you are my only chance at justice and hopefully some of your players will be killed (or retired again?) and make spaces.

Following this bounty hunter thread I fell I am owed an opportunity to exact revenge on this player, without him cheating me with early retirement.

Kinks wrote:
I really want this guy on the [bounty] list.

Rotter

For 2 reasons, this first one being this match.

and the second being because he breaks his own teams "cherry-picking waiver" rules.

Rabe wrote:
Well, that Albert guy has already been retired, Kinks. No revenge for you, I'm afraid. :-/

[edit]Just realised, your rules state no Nurgle. Looks like he has managed to elude my revenge yet again![/edit]

Last edited by Kinks on Jan 22, 2011 - 07:08; edited 1 time in total
Kinks

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2011 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Waiting list - warriors
Abercrombie/Crom (Kinks) | Note to Kinks: Which name would you like him to be called?

Yay, he made the list, a warrior too!

Crom was his nickname, but he will happily answer to either Smile

Thanks

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2011 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

oh if beastmen are now allowed, i'd like to add Cabrit II, my all mutant beastman and one of my greatest players. Retired by a gfi!

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2011 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

You can have this guy - Prince Joor. I did after all retire him for being too good for ths rest of the team...

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=6940543
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2011 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

You can have this guy too - http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=7711634
St4 skink with block and side step Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2011 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Return Of The Retired are activated now! Let's see when they will get their first game (might happen tonight)...

Kinks wrote:
[edit]Just realised, your rules state no Nurgle. Looks like he has managed to elude my revenge yet again![/edit]

Well... if you politely asked his coach whether his warrior would like to play on my team, I'm sure I could make it happen. Maybe I shouldn't be too strict about Nurgle - after all, they have no place to go besides other Nurgle teams, those poor guys.

zakatan wrote:
oh if beastmen are now allowed, i'd like to add Cabrit II, my all mutant beastman and one of my greatest players. Retired by a gfi!

I'd love to get more beastmen on the waiting list. What bothers me a bit is his number. If the players are in fact individuals and it's only the lazy coach who calls them all the same, I could live with him on the list (removing the number after his name). If he (his soul? his essence?) actually has already returned as Cabrit III, I'd leave him where he is.

Garion wrote:
You can have this guy too - http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=7711634
St4 skink with block and side step Smile

Definitely a great player - but I just can't imagine rotting lizardmen on a Nurgle team, that's why I excluded them. On the other hand, if you put some more effort into it, he could become an exception from the rule. Wink
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2011 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:

zakatan wrote:

I'd love to get more beastmen on the waiting list. What bothers me a bit is his number. If the players are in fact individuals and it's only the lazy coach who calls them all the same, I could live with him on the list (removing the number after his name). If he (his soul? his essence?) actually has already returned as Cabrit III, I'd leave him where he is.

He is actually at his 4th incarnation =)
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2011 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Then he better doesn't split his soul to side-incarnate as a rotter. ;-D

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

rabe ffb is pretty dead:) but if you want to wait till the ffb delete for fluff thats ok .. love to see him retake his old glory one day before decaying -st-st on being fouled:)
gl on the team
 Jump to: