53 coaches online • Server time: 23:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ullakkomorko

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll offer the Gardener:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=6212219

This guy played in all but one of the matches for the team so far. He was retired because his skill didn't have room in the team (yet) with the new rule set. He'll make a fine pestigor for someone.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Return of the Retired (short: RotR) have played their first match, a game with ups and downs against a rookie Slann team.

A newsflash has been sent via PM to all those coaches who have currently players at the team (I will gladly add anyone who is interested though). This way I'll make sure you don't miss something important! Smile Two players' biographies have been updated with the recent event.

Due too poor winnings and few SPP, nothing has chainged on RotR's roster so far (except for a journeyman who'll try to prove himself in the next match).

As soon as you got the impression that players are in good hands (or tentacles) on my team, feel free to donate more of them!

Wink
Kryten

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2011 - 23:44
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Two players from my ancient Legion of Longevity have come to volunteer

Zorro spent 26 games with the Legion and had his career cut short by a badly broken ankle and a niggling injury that just wouldn't let him perform at the level required. A hard hitting blitzing player, he spent most of his time on the defensive side of the game, leaping into cages to steal the ball.

Phantom "The Ghost Who Walks" managed just 22 matches for the team, but what a showing in that short time! Eight touchdowns, eight casualties caused, 99 paces rushed and countless fumbles caused. His brief career was cut short by aging, not by his opponents. He is eager to show that he still has what it takes.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2011 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Return of the Retired have won their first match today! Not some match, no: it was the first round of this year's Blackbox Minor Lightweight - their first tournament match ever!
The (currently) all-rotters-and-one-beast team managed to achieve four completions, two touchdowns and three casualties... certainly because of great coaching skill, not great dice!! Wink

A good occasion for inviting more coaches to "donate" their retired players to this promising team...
Prez

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2011 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's my admission - A ghoul who I think is still currently the All time No1 Ghoul (though that was under old client) Siss. He was fired as soon as he achieved this milestone, just too much TR bloat.

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2011 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Added the ghoul to the list, thanks Prez!

Two players have joined the team and the waiting list for pestigor slots is getting really short... Use the chance and put your retired beastmen onto it now!

(Applications for other positions are also welcome of course, as always.)

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2011 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=6795706

this guy was a lrb4 legend
and never missed a game (except for virus) thanks to always apoing when he niggled out.
check out his bio and tell me ne doesn't deserve becoming a pestigor
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2011 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I just want to know what you have against lizards! Even after wiping out half the roster with the no stunty/big guy clause you still have to rub out the saurus too?!
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2011 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

@KenThis:
A great player, but first of all he's dead (and his bio confirms it). So, no place on my team; he died an honorable death anyway, it seems! Smile Even if he was alive (and retired), he'd be a rotter candidate - in my understanding pestigors are beastmen dedicated to Nurgle, and beastmen don't evolve from other species through mutations.

@Faulcon:
I just can't imagine sauri becoming rotters (do they even get infected by Nurgle's Disease?) and they're certainly not meant to become chaos/Nurgle warriors, since they're bread for protecting the world against those (I think). In my understanding becoming a chaos warrior is a free decision (even if made under heavy pressure).

However, I really don't know much about the warhammer world, please correct me if I'm wrong or my interpretation is too far off! Smile

Thinking about it, I'm not sure whether orcs should be allowed... Aren't they too foreign, too?
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2011 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not really sure about the warhammer fluff but I know that in bloodbowl at least a saurus can certainly be infected
KenThis

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2011 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=6352078

alright then this guy.
he averaged more than a cas a game,
was my only claw/rsc player ever.
became the sole reason for the team.
and played on even after becoming st2.
he was retired along with the entire team when he failed a rerolled block and seriosuly hurt himself a missing.
plus he is named after Archroy (12th dan master of dimac) from the brentford trilogy
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2011 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

@Faulcon:
A good point! I took a look at the skill section of the CRP and the only players that cannot be transformed into rotters are players with
- regeneration or
- stunty or
- decay or
- strength higher than 4.
However, a saurus rotter still seems odd to me and I wouldn't have an icon to represent him. Very Happy Maybe I'll find something in warhammer lore some day. Until that, I prefer not to accept sauri...

@KenThis:
Great guy, will put him directly on the waiting list! Smile
Chewie

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2011 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=4294479 Wink
liquidorange

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

This team theme is amazing. Here's my contribution, the lovely Bridget von Hammersmark of Raine's Task Force:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=7921942&displaymessage=Bio%20Changed.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Ohhh... she was retired? Why that?

I thought I remembered her playing against my Agility Monsters and I was right! Smile

Jump to: