16 coaches online • Server time: 06:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Are they better than Halfling Pros
Yeah
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
No
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Stop it, Crook. Seriously.
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

Crook666

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Check this one.

Halfling Cheaters

They have been derided. They have been humiliated. They have been beaten up, kicked out, killed in hundreds, thousands, millions. They are too short, too fat, too slow to play, they can't throw the ball, pick the ball, hold the ball, they don't know shit about tactics or roles. They are the Halflings, the weakest guys in Blood Bowl, the duffers, the fatties, the big-feet, the attractions that people come to see only for a laugh. And yet they insist, and now they had an idea. Having taken conscience of their inferiority they made the final step, they decided to cheat. They're not used to secret weapons, so they chose a different cheat. They disguise themselves as players of other races, to confuse and surprise the opponents. Everyone of them plays a different role, but under the camouflage they wear they're still normal Halflings, yet some of them trained hard and manage to gain some real skill to resemble the player they mimic. The ref doesn't spot the cheat, nor do the specs, only at the end of the match, when they take off wigs, make-up and suits the truth come clear. Everyone is too attracted by the Cheatermaster's presence to concentrate on them, so no secret weapons rolls in this team but one. They are the ridiculous Halfling Cheaters. Their last desperate trick to stay alive.

0-12 Fake Rotters (40K)
[5,2,3,6]
[dodge, stunty, right stuff, foul appearance, thrall]

Linemen of this team wear a heavy make-up made of animal blood, mud, vegetable oils and feces to to recreate on themselves the appearance of a rotting flesh. This scares the opponents, but under the surface they're normal Halflings.

[A]
[S,P,G on doubles]

0-1 Wardancer Wannabe (95K)
[5,2,4,6]
[dodge, stunty, leap]

These Halflings wear red wigs complete of sharp ears to appear like the Wood Elves elite units. They are the guys who trained harder, in fact they lost weight and aren't fat as their mates, and they've developed a greater agility..

[A,G]
[S,P on doubles]

0-2 Skaven Impersonators (65K)
[6,2,3,6]
[dodge, stunty, right stuff]

These Halflings wear dead Skaven's furs to resemble rats, and they've trained to run, so they are faster than their companions.

[A]
[G,S,P on doubles]

0-1 Occasional Vampires (75K)
[5,2,3,6]
[dodge,stunty, hypnotic gaze, bloodlust]

These poor guys must play the part of vampire counts. They wear cloaks and fake fangs, but they actually learned to hypnotize people. To avoid being caught in their farce they are forced to bite a companion from time to time, so they deliberately do it, though they do not actually drink the blood.

[G,S]
[P on doubles]

0-2 Mummy Squad (95K)
[4,4,1,8]
[mighty blow]
Each Mummy Squad is composed by two Halflings. One stands on stilts, while the other stands on the companion's shoulders to double their size. They are covered in bandages and disguised to appear as a mummy, and the strenght of the fake guy is the result of the two that composed him. The upper Halfling wear brass-knuckles and the blows are hard when he hit, and both them are equipped with an armor that keep them to be injured or knocked down too easily. Standin' on stilts is not easy, so the guy can't dodge and is not so agile. He has not access to [S] skills on normals (he's not a true Mummy), only [A]. When a Mummy Squad is killed, roll a dice. On 5+ you'll have 2 normal Halflings (5,2,3,6) on the pitch.

[A]
[S,G on doubles]

APO: YES
STARS: Halfling Stars.
REROLLS: 55K (110k after Team Creation)

Last edited by Crook666 on Sep 18, 2013 - 23:38; edited 9 times in total
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Not too thrilled about the concept (though I do like the mummy knock-over rule).
Why don't the flings get G and the mummy P on doubles?

Last edited by the_Sage on Mar 12, 2013 - 12:57; edited 1 time in total
Crook666

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Linos fixed with G on doubles. The Mummy Squad is too clumsy and can't pass.
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd call them sneaks rather than cheaters which makes them sound too similar to the gobbos even though they aren't.

ps. ewww to the only thrall option being covered in faeces. Yuck.
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd call them sneaks rather than cheaters which makes them sound too similar to the gobbos even though they aren't.

ps. ewww to the only thrall option being covered in faeces. Yuck.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't like the idea of making Halflings bad guys. We already have the ones corrupted by Chaos, that is plenty.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

They aren't bad. They are desperate.
Pentalarc

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I kinda like this idea, it's interestingly insane. (That's a compliment)
ilpars

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

They looks like fun to play.
Crook666

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the appreciation ilpars and Pentalarc. I don't think any of my team concepts will ever see the light, but I'll keep trying to suggest the most absurd, outrageous and weird ideas. I have my fun in doing this, and besides I believe Stunty needs idiocy, crazy teams and new kind of players (secret weapons combinations, ball and chain guys with hands, assembled players that splits in two others when injured etc.). Anyway, I hope that some of the other coach's team ideas will be approved. I'd love to try new teams, regardless of who proposed them.
Crook666

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2013 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I can hear ya guys muttering and grumbling, i hear you say: "how are Halfling Pros supposed to survive at high TV, when they're gonna face monster team full of block/tackle/mighty blow? There are 2 answers, plain and simple.

1) you can develop a hacking program to manipulate the skill dices and roll dozens of doubles for your Pros.

or

2) you can substitute them with Halfling Cheaters.

I foresaw the high-TV problem of the Pros far before they came to life, and gave you the solution long time ago, so now you can choose to listen to me or not, it's up to you. Or maybe you could simply remove the coach photo, so i can go to bed without crying myself to sleep and pretend London burned to ashes in the great fire of 1666. I added a poll. It's just for fun, obviously. I mean, the answer "no" is for fun. Everyone knows thy're better than Pros.
 Jump to: