40 coaches online • Server time: 00:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
EmperorZombie

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2011 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey i have a rookie question about inducements. I understand what they are but am not sure how to use them in a match. All i know is if i play someone who has a stronger team i get X- dollars worth of inducements.
Now, do i add my own money to it to get more?
What happens if i buy no inducements, do i keep the money?
How does a rookie like me tell which are the better ones for winning and which are better for 'fun'.

Thanks for help and sorry if this shoulda went in Rules forum. Thought it might be beter use here for newbs like myself.

-EZ
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2011 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

if your opponent has 1500TV and you have 1000TV you will get (1500-1000) 500g to spend on inducements FOR THAT MATCH ONLY, any gold (yours you added to the inducement and/or inducement gold) not spent dissappears,

you would not want to add your money to the pool as it brings up your TV and is subtracted from the amount you get, only in some special cases would the underdog pay to buy inducements (eg you only get 40k to spend and want to pay a full 50k out of your bank so you can get a babe, your opponent would get 10k to spend on inducements in that case)

You will have to decide for yourself which inducements you like the most, (if you are playing a 'killer' team some coaches like apoth's and babes more, wizards are loved, and star players are both loved and hated)

good luck and welcome to fumbbl

~Rudest Fumbbler
nin

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2011 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

1st question: No, they are (overdog TV - underdog TV) and if you add money it ads to your TV
Well, if you are the overdog you can use money to get them, but that adds to your opponent own inducements for free (still a valid fling tactic to get chef)
And the underdog can use money instead of inducements (you are 10TV down, you use 50k money to get babes, your TV increases by 50k and you become overdog by 40TV, still not enough for your opponent to get babes too)
2nd: No, it's just "money" as a measure of disadvantage in TV, if you don't use it, it disappears.
3th: Trying...reading the rules and figuring...we all had to do that, as the CRP is "quite new" at least here.

Still, hints:
For winning.
-Low armor makes good use of Babes.
-Apo used to keep numbers even works against killer teams, a bit.
-Wizard at the right time can be really good.
-Bribes if your team fouls heavy.
-Stars with the right skills to prevent turnovers work too.
For fun.
-Wizard, Bribes, Chainsaw Stars (and Bombers once implemented)...other weird stars, Halfling Chef...
uuni

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2011 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

ryanfitz wrote:
... any gold (yours you added to the inducement and/or inducement gold) not spent dissappears ...
Sorry to nitpick, but actually all leftover Petty Cash should be transferred back to your treasury at the Post Game 2.3. Still, I guess it would be a rare occurance to put more into Petty Cash than what you use. Wink
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2011 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

As someone was good enough to answer this for you (for about the 10th time its come up in the forums) I see no reason to keep this open. Locked.
 Jump to: