39 coaches online • Server time: 00:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gaglardi

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2011 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

okay, so I've played blood bowl a lot on the board game and just found out about this. SO INTO IT! just made my first team, in the academy league... but... I have NO IDEA how to actually find a game to play, or even how to go about making air getting into a pick up game... would really appreciate help.

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2011 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Read this: https://fumbbl.com/help:CRP

And welcome! Very Happy
Synn

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2011 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Easiest thing to do is to grab mIRC and head into the fumbbl chat channel.

This should help: http://fumbbl.com/help:IRCHelp

Then talk to people there.

__Synn
**Welcome!
gaglardi

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2011 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I did read that, it still just doesn't really make sense to me, I waited for about half an hour after making my team. It got approved and everything. But I never have the option to activate, it just says 'play' next to it.

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2011 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

well thanks ya'll!

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2011 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

two main things to help...first on your homepage you'll find tab that says gamefinder
Hit it. Will open the page of teams looking for games. at the top hit 'add teams' pick the ones you want and viola...you are officially LFG.
Two ways to then get ahold of another coach to actually set up a game.
First is IRC chat. Again on your homepage there should be a tab that says 'chat' hit it then follow the instructions for setting up IRC chat
This is fumbbls chat room you can go to to talk with other coaches about anything.
A few coaches however, seem to not be able to load the chat for some reason or another so your other option is to PM the coach you want to play. Click on the coaches name...his pmain page will pop up...at the top you'll see a tab that says PM or private message. Hit is and then send whatever you want to set up the game. On your homepage you'll see a tab that says 'messages' Refresh every now and then to see if the coach answers and then can get the game on. This way is much slower but still works.
Good luck and welcome to fumbbl.
gaglardi

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2011 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks a bunch
I actually think I just set up a game... but not sure its called 'my first game evuh' if any of you want to join it

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2011 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

what does LFG mean?

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2011 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking for game.
EnglishJake

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2011 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I would make a ranked team [R] and a Black Box [B] team, as Academy is pretty dead.
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2011 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

unfortunately [A] is dead and behind the times, build an [R] team and find someone to play against in IRC or build a [B] team and activate to be put into a matchmaking gamefinder. good luck and have fun
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2011 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

How about we convert [A] or delete it. Is it serving any real purpose in it's current state?

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2011 - 07:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Blackbox is great for being able to play in slots every 15 mins. Good if you are quite experienced with the board game.

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2011 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
How about we convert [A] or delete it. Is it serving any real purpose in it's current state?

It's to confuse newcomers so they have to overcome an obstacle and proof they wanna be really part of the site Wink
Ullakkomorko

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2011 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Make a Ranked or Blackbox team. Blackbox is probably slightly easier to get a game in.

Using IRC really helps too. In the Blackbox channel you'll get to see when you should "activate" your team and whether you get a match or not.
 Jump to: