47 coaches online • Server time: 16:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Favourite food from a chippy?
Fish and Chips
48%
 48%  [ 26 ]
Battered Sausage and Chips
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
Burger and Chips
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Savaloy Dip
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Pie and Chips
20%
 20%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 54

Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Other than the Giant Crab, I can't say I really care for the team. Is the fluff some obscure GW reference or is it purely your creation?
ErobererZim

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I had an idea, near that:

0-16 Merman 40,000 - 4 1 3 5 Stunty, Tichy, Right Stuff, Dodge, Jump Up A
0-2 Merguard 90,000 - 6 2 3 7 Stunty, Dodge, Guard A,S,G
0-2 Mermaid 90,000 - 7 1 3 6 Stunty, Hypnotic Gaze, Dodge, Stab
0-1 Sea King (Neptun) 120,000 - 5 5 4 8 Loner, Bone Head, Mighty Blow, Bombadier, Regeneration, TTM S,P
Re-roll counter: 70,000 gold pieces each.
Apo - yes

A Team with a Body like a Seesnake, Arms and Face like a Human.

The Idea we have a BG (The Seaking) who can send Lightnings down on the Opponents, so he got Bombadier, the Mermaids are so beautiful that she can Hypnotic the Opponent and a lil knife to Stab them into the Nec when there be diverted. Merguards like the name, there have to protect his race with his strong shild, so he got Guard. Mermans, Body from a Snake, So there dont have to Stay up so there got JumpUp and Tichy well there be Snakes.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Zim, perhaps a new thread would be a better place than here for a different roster idea (even if similar).
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

cowhead wrote:
Nice work, liking the nautical theme and nice fluff as always. And loving the fact that the Giant Crab has side step.

+1
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

You could make him block tackle, but with st1, he will have to make a dauntless roll everytime. Personally I would develop one as strip ball player before anything else. With all that Big hand knocking about it would be very useful and as you say i couldnt really see them getting more than one or two skills ever really. they are just to vulnerable to stunty blocks because they have no dodge and they are just st 1.

I gave them G access because firstly you cant give any bombadiers P access because they would just take HMP and be done with it. I don't think A acess is really right either, because then they could get dodge protection. They are shape shifting volcanic ash so I dont think that really lends its self to being powerful and hurting players in any other way than spewing the occassional bit of lava.

For me general is just the best fitting because their shape shifting suggests to me that they are quite versatile in what their abilities allow them to do.

Craftnburn wrote:
...Is the fluff some obscure GW reference or is it purely your creation?

It is my creation, with some small nods to existing GW fluff here and there, so that it does all fit in the bloodbowl universe as it should. The important thing to me is it is different to the other existing rosters. Almost all the other stunty suggested rosters I have seen have just been more of the same imo, like that one posted above. I just dont think it brings anything new or fun to the table, and I also dont get how the fluff fits.

But anyway. It seems the feedback is almost all positive, I just have to hope Shadow likes it really. He da boss.

Last edited by Garion on Feb 22, 2012 - 19:15; edited 3 times in total
ErobererZim

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

OK I will do that Smile
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I had Whatballs's concerns about their invulnerability as well, esp. with G access. Even without dodge they'll be fairly mobile blitzers (ma5, ag3), and ST1 dauntless isn't all that much of a handicap once you get block (just ask any leprechaun or gnob or snot hero at 16 spps). Starting with dauntless is a big boost compared to other St1 G players.

So, this player COULD become a real little beasty that's also virutally unkillable. Of course, compared to some of the other death machines out there it doesn't really seem all that over the top.

I don't know, perhaps playtesting is the best way to determine if he's too much or not. The potential is there, but so it is with players like a Strig Lord or Mechavermin, and St1 does suck in defense. Someone with claw would ruin his day.

I say leave him as is. This team will need some killy potential as the only other thing they've got is the crab and bombs (which don't even work).

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
You could make him block tackle, but with st1, he will have to make a dauntless roll everytime.
Not that hard if you're blocking St2 stunties...

Nelphine wrote:
the Ignimbrites are not likely to ever get any SPP
Yes they would.. MA5 Ag3 is fine to score with (and don't forget MVPs). Once you're at 16spp you have a Dauntless, Block, Tackle blitzer that will maul Stunties and with AV 10 even fouls won't stop him (God forbid he rolls a double for MB or PO) and IF he's not in reach to hit anyone he can throw a bomb.

Interesting idea (the volcanic ash thing) but the implementation looks wrong.

If they're supposed to be solidified volcanic ash (hence AV 10) they should be correspondingly slow.

0-2 Ignimbrite 100,000 - 1 3 3 10 Bone-headed, Take Root, Regen, Bombadier P

Would make them like lava spitting barnacles on the field! (especially once they take HMP) Wink
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

they arent solid. It is like blocking ash. I guess a little like sandman from spiderman comics if you like. You cant hurt him....

Yes ma5 and ag3 but with no dodge and st 1 he would be the suckiest ball carrier ever in stunty where you can easily dodge into a cage and blitz the ball carrier.

Also as Sigmar says there is nothing in this team that can hurt people anyway and there are plenty of claw players in stunty that would make mince meat of the ignimbrite. G access is nice for Block tackle yeah but it is only when players get those two skills MB they become a problem, and MB PO until they become a nightmare. Plus the double would be better spent on HMP anyway. You are also forgetting just how bad St1.

As sigmar also says, almost every team in stunty has faaaar better killing machines than this guy.

so yeah I really think you are over egging it. IMO this team is on the weak side of the scale in stunty leeg.

Ignimbrite definition - Ignimbrites are made of a very poorly sorted mixture of volcanic ash (or tuff when lithified) and pumice lapilli, commonly with scattered lithic fragments. The ash is composed of glass shards and crystal fragments. Ignimbrites may be loose and unconsolidated

from the Latin igni- (fire) and imbri- (rain
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
they arent solid.
Then Av10 doesn't really make sense.

Garion wrote:
Yes ma5 and ag3 but with no dodge and st 1 he would be the suckiest ball carrier ever in stunty where you can easily dodge into a cage and blitz the ball carrier.
Hardly the "suckiest", just not the bestest. You could easily score with these late in a game when many players are KOd/Hurt from the bombs.

Garion wrote:
Also as Sigmar says there is nothing in this team that can hurt people anyway and there are plenty of claw players in stunty that would make mince meat of the ignimbrite.
Assuming those claw players haven't been burnt to a crisp by the lava as they try to get to these guys, or been clawed themselves by the Giant Crab (best idea on the team btw)

Garion wrote:
G access is nice for Block tackle yeah but it is only when players get those two skills MB they become a problem, and MB PO until they become a nightmare. Plus the double would be better spent on HMP anyway.
After Block and an 66% Dauntless roll they're taking out stunties, add Tackle and they're mowing through them, add MB or PO and they're slaughtering them, 3 skills, 31spp and they're "death machines"! (a tribute) And that's only the ones that get close enough that you need to blitz them, otherwise you just blow them up.

Garion wrote:
You are also forgetting just how bad St1.
You're also forgetting that 1/3 of the players in Stunty are also St1.

Garion wrote:
As sigmar also says, almost every team in stunty has faaaar better killing machines than this guy.
Those killing machines usually have negatraits attached and actually have to chase people down to hurt them.

Garion wrote:
so yeah I really think you are over egging it. IMO this team is on the weak side of the scale in stunty leeg.
I don't think you're "egging it" enough.

Garion wrote:
Ignimbrite definition
Thanks, I have Wikipedia too Wink
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the AV10 - I think it gives good character; but I don't think they should have G access, precisely for the reasons outlined - AV10 will let them survive a long time, in order to build up those skills that will turn them into stunty killing machines. I don't like the idea of a bombardier being your primary blitzer (precisely why I chose certain things on the gargoyle); it ought to be one or the other, or else your killers (since you have 2 of them) can just kill and kill every single turn. (Compared to most blitzers or bombardiers having to be at a certain distance in order to do their damage).
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

@ Craftnburn

Av10 makes perfect sense, i get the feeling you are just trying to lay in to the this because you have your own adjenda (your own roster that you are pushing), but i will humour you. Av doesnt mean they walk around with thick plate mail on it is a representation of how hard they are to hurt, nothing more, else everyone would just wear thick armour!

They are not death machines or killing machines or what ever you want to call them, you are just being plain ridiculous, they dont have access to St skills on normal rolls. this means you are basically saying every player with G access in stunty is a killing machine, which they just aren't, he is St1, ST1 how can he possibly be labled a killing machine. 66% dauntless is not good.I wouldnt want to be rolling that everytime I wanted to make a block/blitz with my main blitzer if i ever used him as this.

You also seem to think bombs are auto success and amazing. They aren't, bombs are not reliable at all, they are fun yes and funny. But not good. They dont go blowing everything in site up or burning everything to a crisp as you put it.

So I think thats enough really Wink I would prefer constructive critiscism only not jibbering hyperbole please.

If you didnt have these St1, hard to skill up players with G access. Where else is the team going to cause damage from? Seriously, look at the team as a whole. This is not a strong team. There is plenty of claw in stunty leeg and he is st1.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
i get the feeling you are just trying to lay in to the this because you have your own adjenda (your own roster that you are pushing)
Trust me, that's not the case at all, my roster is already in Stunty. I am trying to help you make the roster better. You are just being overly defensive. I know you're attached to them, it's normal. But at some point you have to stop trying to defend every choice you've made, otherwise you shouldn't have asked for criticism and just assumed the initial draft is perfect (which they never are).

Garion wrote:
Av doesnt mean they walk around with thick plate mail on it is a representation of how hard they are to hurt, nothing more, else everyone would just wear thick armour!
And if they did their MA would be reduced accordingly.

Garion wrote:
They are not death machines or killing machines or what ever you want to call them, you are just being plain ridiculous
Obviously you haven't been following all the stunty threads or you would have gotten this joke.

Garion wrote:
they dont have access to St skills on normal rolls. this means you are basically saying every player with G access in stunty is a killing machine, which they just aren't
Name me another G access player with AV 10? There is 1, the Mechavermin and he is currently reviled as the most OP thing in Stunty. I grant you that these aren't as deadly as the Mechavermin (who ARE their teams BGs btw), but the Mecha's don't also throw bombs and are MA4 and Bone-headed, so you can better stay away from them.

Garion wrote:
66% dauntless is not good.I wouldnt want to be rolling that everytime I wanted to make a block/blitz with my main blitzer if i ever used him as this.
66% of at least a 1d With Block and Tackle and they now have a 50% to take any stunty down and THEY aren't av10. I'd risk that A LOT... If you fail (assuming you're not silly and attempting this early in a turn) what have you got to lose? If you fall down, you won't get hurt, they can't even foul you... and You'll have 2MA to chase down someone with a blitz next turn.

Garion wrote:
You also seem to think bombs are auto success and amazing. They aren't, bombs are not reliable at all, they are fun yes and funny. But not good. They dont go blowing everything in site up or burning everything to a crisp as you put it.
I'm rather familiar with Bombs actually...

Garion wrote:
I would prefer constructive critiscism
Then open yourself to it... I offered a suggestion on the Ignimbrites that would have brought something unique to stunty (since there's no Halfling Hot Pot), but it wasn't your vision so you didn't even address it.

Garion wrote:
If you didnt have these St1, hard to skill up players with G access.
I still don't understand why you think they're hard to skill up... 5MA 3AG even at St 1 is fine for scoring (else how do Snotlings ever score? With their Trolls?)

Garion wrote:
Where else is the team going to cause damage from?
You have fast big handed lineman, and a Giant sidestepping Crab, is "damage" really where this team should focus? The team seems more about positioning and defense augmented by bombing to knock the ball loose or clear the way for the rushing attack. Don't try to make a team that can be both Basher and Baller, find what fits your fluff and go there.

Garion wrote:
Seriously, look at the team as a whole. This is not a strong team. There is plenty of claw in stunty leeg and he is st1.
Trust me I am looking at the team as a whole.. and what I see are some really nice ideas that need more work.
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay well, as a compromise I will drop the Ignimbrites Ma to 3. The Ma1 and take root you proposed would make them one of the worst players, if not the worst player in stunty there is no need for such a nerf.

I agree what makes the Ignimrites good is their versatility. This is intended, it is what they are all about. Shape shifting = versatile. But I still do not think they are as good as you seem to think. The gfact they can throw bombs and a block is one of the things that makes the team unique and have unique tactics. I wouldnt ever want to take that away, other wise it will just become more of teh same

Quote:

You have fast big handed lineman, and a Giant sidestepping Crab, is "damage" really where this team should focus? The team seems more about positioning and defense augmented by bombing to knock the ball loose or clear the way for the rushing attack

This is correct. But this is still not a damage team, having a player with access to General skills does not make them a damage team.

Take the forest goblins for example they have far far more damage capabilites that this team. They have 4 players with stab which is deadly in this division and 2 players with general skills.

The Pygmy team (one of the weakest imo) has a kroxigor which is a far better big guy than the Crab for causing damage and it has 2 aligator warriors with G access and St2.

Choas Flings have 3 players with G access one with a chainsaw and one with stab and 2 minotaurs, they are far far more bashy.

eshin adpets are a speed team all about running, even they are better at bash imo as they have 3 stab players and a St2 G access player with high movement.

Fairies are possibly weaker as they should be, but they still have more chance of causing damage imo, they have 3 treemen and 2 players with G access although they are st1 so they aren't great at it.

Gnoblars have 3 big guys and 2 G access players all of whom are 2 doubles away from getting the combo you keep talking about. Which is no different to teh Ignimbrite. You seem to think getting two doubles on this player is automatic which it just isnt.

Gnome teams have two players with straight access to G and Sso they are faar more deadly and they have 4 bombadiers.

Skyre you said, Mechavermin are tehir big guys, firstly this is not true. They have a death roller too and a bombadier, their linemen have the same Av as the Cresters which is weak but they all come with Guard to make up for their st1 and their mechavermin starts with MB. The Ignimbrites start with nothing.

I wont go on because thats enough, but the Nautican team i have posted is not as good as bashing as any of those teams and bombs are too unreliable and players cant move and throw bombs or stand up and throw bombs either. Casualties from bombs dont give spp and the ignimbrites will vbe tough to score from. Now I have reduced their Ma to 3 I really do not see how anyone could argue these guys will be too good.

plus all other feedback has been very very good.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Crab: Claws, No Hands, Side Step
Brilliant!
 Jump to: