23 coaches online • Server time: 04:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cowhead

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2012 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

My thoughts behind this team was to bring back Frogs to Blood Bowl, too long have they been absent. So this team are like a mini Slann team but with less leap Very Happy.

0-2 Kroxigor MA 6 ST 5 AG 1 AV 9 Bone Head, Loner, Mighty Blow, Prehensile Tail, Thick Skull S (GAP) 140k
0-2 Relic Priests MA 4 ST 3 AG 3 AV 8 Bombadier, Regeneration, Throw Team Mate P (GAS) 100k
0-1 Chameleon Stalker MA 6 ST 2 AG 3 AV 6 Dodge, Foul Appearence, Shadowing, Stab, Stunty A (GPS) 80k
0-3 Chameleon MA 6 ST 2 AG 3 AV 7 Dodge, Foul Appearence, Side Step, Stunty A (GPS) 60k
0-16 Frog MA 4 ST 1 AG 4 AV 4 Dodge, Leap, No Hands, Right Stuff, Stunty, Titchy A (GPS) 20k

I've given the Chameleons Foul Appearence to signify the fact that they can blend in to their surroundings and are sometimes hard to see.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

why?

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Frogs!!! Why else?

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

but why?

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0auCDOERZyE
Olesh

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd suggest that the frogs be reduced to AG3 with Very Long Legs. Right now they dodge on a 2+ even through prehensile tail, and diving tacklers only force them to make the dodge on a 3+. Other than that (and it's a minor quibble), I like the team!
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Pythrr wasn't very clear so:

cowhead wrote:
So this team are like a mini Slann team but with less leap Very Happy.

Now, Why? Wink

Leap is what make Slann Wonderful (and insanely frustrating).

Now, to more serious commentary...

0-16 No hands players is just wrong (a few No handers can be interesting, a full team isn't a team...)

Why are Slann priests Throwing Frogs? (Is it supposed to be raining frogs?).

What are Chameleons? They're not Frogs, but are they Slann or Skinks (and if they're skinks they're on the wrong team).

The Chameleon Stalker sounds like an Eshin Stalker and an Adept of Sotek got put into a blender.

I don't mean to be harsh, and I don't want to squelch your enthusiasm. It's great to say I want a stunty "slann" team, but you have to dig into the fluff and find a reason why this team would exist. Warhammer slann are huge bloated toads, BBowl Slann are full size Frogmen. If you wanted a stunty slann, it would most likely need to be slann tadpoles or something. Think on that for a minute...Now realize that it's pretty silly (and not good silly, but just silly silly).

Making a BBowl team is like making Pr0n... Fluff first, then you make the magic happen! Very Happy
Rabe

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the line"frogs" look very much like the toads a "Zap!" spell (or whatever it was called) could turn people into. Maybe this team should be more like a collection of failed wizard experiments, with the the frogs/toads being only one aspect of it? Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes Rabe they are the "frogs" from the zap spell and i was thinking that they could be old bloodbowl players who never returned to normal, i like the idea of the failed wizrd experiments and will be making some big changes to the idea of the team. So the "frogs" will be the only player from my original line up to remain.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

i can play vs av 4 plskthx?

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

http://blood-bowl.nl/faccess.php?id=470

TOADZILLA!

*ahem*

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

@Hito nice find i'll add it to the team Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

no fluff = no team
and no converting LRB6 core rosters to stunty..

originality please..

--j

ImageImage
cowhead

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

OK so i've been thinking long and hard about how to get people interested in my beloved Frogs and I think i've come up with something.

In The Begining
Let me take you back, back to a simpler time when the Wizards were a major part of any Blood Bowl team. And the College of Magic Cup was a major tournament on the Blood Bowl circuit. But as in all things change has to come.

The Final of the College of Magic Cup XXVII
The change came about during the Final of the Cup being played at the 'Field of Dreams' stadium in front of over 20000 supporters. During the opening drive of the 2nd half, the Wizard of the Bright Rays of Light decided to use the once popular spell 'Zap!' to turn the star Orc Blitzer of Waargh Weavers into a Frog for the rest of the drive. That would be the last time that spell was used in a Blood Bowl match.

The Event
What came next has been written out of the Blood Bowl annals and is known to but a few in the highest levels of the College of Magic Patriarchy.
'At first after the spell was cast nothing seemed to happen just a low hum could be heard along with Thrum Thrum Thrum of the Orc Drums, then cam a solitary Pop from somewhere in the stands followed by scream, the more Pops followed by more Pops as Fan after Fan and Player after Player started to turn into Frogs.'
Nobody knows what caused the spell to cause such mayhem. Some say one of the Chaos Gods took offense to the Wizard, who in the previous game had turned one of his prized Beastmen into a Frog, who subsequently went squish beneath the boot of a Human Blitzer.
Some say a group of Renegade Wizards amplified the spell due to their dislike of the blatant violence and butchery displayed on a daily basis on the Blood Bowl field.

The Aftermath
To this day the gates to the 'Field of Dreams' has been sealed to all except a handful of High Wizards. Under the order of the High Magus they have been trying to reverse the effects of the disatrous spell. Unfortunately every attempt to restore one of the Frogs to its natural state resulted in some weird and wonderful mutations.

Present Day
The current High Magus, upon discovery of the Frogs while researching the College of Magics history in Blood Bowl came upon an idea. What if these Grotesques, these weird and wonderful Mutated Frogs could be formed into a team, a Blood Bowl team.

Mutant Frogs

Frogzilla 0-1 120k
A giant Frog need I say more.
MA 4 ST 5 AG 2 AV 9 S(GAP)
Loner, Leap, Mighty Blow, No Hands, Very Long Legs, Wild Animal

Chaos Bull Frog 0-2 70k
The Wizards were still in the early stages, they tried to grow the Frogs some limbs but the legs just didn't stop growing and horns sprouted out of its head.
MA 6 ST 2 AG 2 AV 6 A(GPS)
Dodge, Horns, Leap, No Hands, Very Long Legs

Handy Frog 0-2 60k
The Wizards had perfected the legs when they made these Frogs, but they were not having much luck with arms. All they could manage was one large hand sticking out the top of the Frogs head.
MA 6 ST 1 AG 3 AV 6 A(GPS)
Big Hand, Catch, Dodge, Stunty

Fire-Bellied Frog 0-2 60k
These fire belching Frogs were discovered to shoot exploding balls of fire great distances and had to be locked in fire proof rooms, in case they burned the stadium down due to their stupidity. They are quite slow due to thier shackled mishappened feet but have developed a scaly outer shell to shield them from harm.
MA 4 ST 2 AG 3 AV 8 P(GAS)
Bombadier, No Hands, Really Stupid, Stunty, Thick Skull

Rocket Frog 0-2 60k
These strange looking Frogs have a large sucker for a mouth where they can suck in vast amounts of air which can be used to propel anything large distances.
MA 5 ST 2 AG 3 AV 7 P(GAS)
Always Hungry, Hail Mary Pass, Strong Arm, Throw Team Mate, Stunty

Flying Frog 0-16 50k
These Frogs were the most common of the Frogs created. Their front legs webbing expanded in towards its body giving the impression of wings.
MA 6 ST 1 AG 3 AV 6 A(GPS)
Dodge, Leap, Right Stuff, Stunty, Very Long Legs
cowhead

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm moving this one into it's own thread and ask that this one be closed or ignored