46 coaches online • Server time: 14:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gandresch

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2010 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

Stunty is THE most loveliest thing here on fumbbl. As all other things tend to FFB, the question is, what stunty will do, when the time has come. There are a lot of new skills, new access, no more traits. All in all, this could be a total reset of the stunty league.
What do you think, should teams be kept like this or should they be changed in some ways, as the new rules offer new oppotunities.

I myself think, that a change in the rosters would be pretty cool. Change of the access for different races are possible, especially for mutations. But i have not spend any further thoughts on this.

What do you think?

Greets,
gan
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2010 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I think eventually, stunty should move over to FFB, but with the number of games currently played, it's naturally a much lower priority.

With Loner instead of Big Guy, and Journeymen, I see a real improvement in the division, as all to often stunty teams were left with less than 11 players for their next game. So with a few tweaks from LRB 6.0, but keeping the same designs brought in by Christer and shadow, it could certainly see a whole new lease of life under FFB.
Sinnyil

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2010 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I've thought pretty long on this, and there's one thing that really, really hurts stunty moving into the CRP from LRB4.

Secret weapons go away automatically. No roll.

I used to love stunty before I took my break from fummbl (back now for FFB client!) and while I could see the division working in FFB, the teams would almost all have to be reworked...again.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2010 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing forces the stunty teams to have secret weapons on them though. Add the chainsaw skill but dont add the secret weapon skill.

Having said that... I'd rather stunty were replaced with a similarly themed but less fundamentally flawed division Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2010 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really excited to play Stunty, or similar league, on theFFB client. I think that with the plans Christer and Kalimar have discussed for league customization creating an even better Stunty will be possible.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2010 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

stunty will be moving to FFB, that's been in the pipeline for quite a while...

unfortunately, it will not be in the system when FFB goes full live...i need to do a full scan of the rules & skillsets, and apply them to the league to find out what's going to get broken, fix it, and then start diversifying...also, i want to avoid giving kalimar & christer even more work than they have on their plate, withouit tryign to throw stunty into their project..once they go live, i can start working with the staff to get the division converted over....

--j

ImageImage
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2010 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

as an update to this....stunty is still moving to FFB...i have not started working on the conversions as of yet, but the work will start over the holidays...i won't be submitting anything to christer or kalimar until FFB goes live, as i don't want stunty to interfere with their much bigger project, so please don't expect an immediate change...

i have not decided yet how i am going to deal with current LRB4 teams, but the current thinking is that all LRB4 teams will convert to LRB6.....please note, that is not set in stone, and is only tenative, pending a full skill evaluation....the stunty environment is volatile and chaotic, and i want to keep that...i have no desire to push stunty into a level of brokeness....so please keep up the support of the division, and please don't think that we will be abandoning current teams just because of a client change...our division is small but loyal, and i want to see that remain, so whatever is going to benefit the division the most is the desired plan...

--j

ImageImage
ColonelSanders

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2010 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I love stunty, stunty for the win!

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2010 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Sinnyil wrote:

I suggested this before: what about letting teams in Stuntyleeg to buy permanent bribes?

Oscar Wilde
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2010 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe this is a better question for the FFB client space, but have you (as Stunty-master) heard if there is a chance of team level customization? What I mean is, we've all been regaled with the relative ease of customization which bodes well for Stunty division, but that seems to be on the players level only. Is there (even theoretically) an option for, say, a team that is only snotlings, but all 16 can be fielded at once? Different inducements appropriate to the mad-capness of the division?

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2010 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Sinnyil wrote:

I suggested this before: what about letting teams in Stuntyleeg buy permanent bribes?

Good plan for the future, I think!

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2010 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Sinnyil wrote:
I've thought pretty long on this, and there's one thing that really, really hurts stunty moving into the CRP from LRB4.

This is a non-issue. The teams are driven by a roster file, so the Stunty teams just have to remove the Secret Weapon trait/skill from players that should not be banned and they will remain on field for more mayhem.

Or am I missing something with how LRB4/Stunty works? I don't see secret weapon on any Stunty rosters?
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2010 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Maybe this is a better question for the FFB client space, but have you (as Stunty-master) heard if there is a chance of team level customization? What I mean is, we've all been regaled with the relative ease of customization which bodes well for Stunty division, but that seems to be on the players level only. Is there (even theoretically) an option for, say, a team that is only snotlings, but all 16 can be fielded at once? Different inducements appropriate to the mad-capness of the division?

i've had a few thoughts about potential custom rulesets for FFB....i know i spoke with kalimar in the past about "modules" of a sort to allow things like LRB4 rulesets in the new client, and while he didn't completely shoot down the idea...it seemed like it was a longshot....granted that was close to a year ago when i breached the subject...current incarnations of the client may allow more flexibility, but to be honest, i haven't spoken to either christer or kalimar regarding it...

id like to see more flexibility with the league, and more custom house rules...i'm concerned about cheaters being permanently broken in the new client, as well as some of the skills being overkill...there's a lot of things to consider going forward...but at least as far as custom rules are concerned, they won't be a zero day thing, but they are on the chalkboard for consideration, but it's completely dependent on resources and capabilities of the new client...

WhatBall wrote:
Sinnyil wrote:

This is a non-issue. The teams are driven by a roster file, so the Stunty teams just have to remove the Secret Weapon trait/skill from players that should not be banned and they will remain on field for more mayhem.

Or am I missing something with how LRB4/Stunty works? I don't see secret weapon on any Stunty rosters?

the concern is for players like goblin bombers & chainsaws, pogo stick, etc...

i don't know how the new client handles the skills, so i need to determine a proper setup to make sure LRB6 doesn't cripple the team...but with that being said, they still need to be subjected to ejection potential...etc etc...

like i said...more things to take into consideration...

--j

ImageImage

Last edited by shadow46x2 on Dec 08, 2010 - 17:23; edited 1 time in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2010 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

So, for the record, I can quote you as saying you think a roster of only snotlings with no max on how many are on pitch is awesome, right!

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2010 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
the concern is for players like goblin bombers & chainsaws, pogo stick, etc...

i don't know how the new client handles the skills, so i need to determine a proper setup to make sure LRB6 doesn't cripple the team...but with that being said, they still need to be subjected to ejection potential...etc etc...

like i said...more things to take into consideration...

--j

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I didn't realize the cheaters could still get ejected in Stunty. The way FFB handles cheating is the Secret Weapon skill, so if you want players with a particular weapon to not be banned you can remove the skill. (E.g. the pogo, which is not a secret weapon anymore) For the others, I do like the permanent bribes idea.
 Jump to: