38 coaches online • Server time: 14:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cowhead

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

OK so i've been thinking long and hard about how to get people interested in my beloved Frogs and I think i've come up with something.

In The Begining
Let me take you back, back to a simpler time when the Wizards were a major part of any Blood Bowl team. And the College of Magic Cup was a major tournament on the Blood Bowl circuit. But as in all things change has to come.

The Final of the College of Magic Cup XXVII
The change came about during the Final of the Cup being played at the 'Field of Dreams' stadium in front of over 20000 supporters. During the opening drive of the 2nd half, the Wizard of the Bright Rays of Light decided to use the once popular spell 'Zap!' to turn the star Orc Blitzer of Waargh Weavers into a Frog for the rest of the drive. That would be the last time that spell was used in a Blood Bowl match.

The Event
What came next has been written out of the Blood Bowl annals and is known to but a few in the highest levels of the College of Magic Patriarchy.
'At first after the spell was cast nothing seemed to happen just a low hum could be heard along with Thrum Thrum Thrum of the Orc Drums, then came a solitary Pop from somewhere in the stands followed by a scream, then more Pops followed by more Pops as Fan after Fan and Player after Player started to turn into Frogs.'
Nobody knows what caused the spell to cause such mayhem. Some say one of the Chaos Gods took offense to the Wizard, who in the previous game had turned one of his prized Beastmen into a Frog, who subsequently went squish beneath the boot of a Human Blitzer.
Some say a group of Renegade Wizards amplified the spell due to their dislike of the blatant violence and butchery displayed on a daily basis on the Blood Bowl field.

The Aftermath
To this day the gates to the 'Field of Dreams' has been sealed to all except a handful of High Wizards. Under the order of the High Magus they have been trying to reverse the effects of the disatrous spell. Unfortunately every attempt to restore one of the Frogs to its natural state resulted in some weird and wonderful mutations.

Present Day
The current High Magus, upon discovery of the Frogs while researching the College of Magics history in Blood Bowl came upon an idea. What if these Grotesques, these weird and wonderful Mutated Frogs could be formed into a team, a Blood Bowl team.

Zapped!

Rerolls 60k
Goliaths 0-2 130k Image Image
The 1st attempts at Transmogrification resulted in a quickening of the Frogs growth rates creating these Behemoths of the Frog world, it also has a long tongue which can trip unwary opponents.
MA 5 ST 5 AG 3 AV 8 S(GAP)
Loner, Leap, Prehensile Tail, No Hands, Very Long Legs, Wild Animal

Bull Frogs 0-2 70k Image Image Image Image
The Wizards were still in the early stages, they tried to grow the Frogs some limbs but the legs just didn't stop growing and horns sprouted out of its head.
MA 6 ST 2 AG 3 AV 6 G(APS)
Horns, Leap, No Hands, Very Long Legs

Spitters 0-2 60k Image Image
These strange looking Frogs have four legs and a large sucker for a mouth where they can suck in vast amounts of air which can be used to propel anything large distances. Although they will occassionally swallow something or someone.
MA 5 ST 2 AG 3 AV 7 P(GAS)
Always Hungry, Hail Mary Pass, Throw Team Mate

Darts 0-16 50k Image Image Image Image Image Image
These Frogs were the most common of the Frogs created. Their front legs webbing expanded in towards its body giving the impression of wings and the ability to glide long distances.
MA 6 ST 1 AG 3 AV 6 A(GPS)
Dodge, Leap, Right Stuff, Stunty, Very Long Legs

Star Players
Darwin 100k Image Image
A freak of nature with one large hand sticking out the top of its head, and a damn fine Blood Bowl Player.
MA 6 ST 1 AG 4 AV 6
Loner, Big Hand, Dodge, Leap, Stunty, Very Long Legs

Frogzilla 240k Image Image
A biped firebreathing giant frog.
MA 5 ST 6 AG 3 AV 8
Loner, Bombadier, Juggernaut, Leap, Mighty Blow, No Hands, Very Long Legs

Last edited by cowhead on Dec 17, 2013 - 15:50; edited 77 times in total
On1

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

1st post Smile

edit: I like the idea in general.

To make the team more playable i think the bullfrogs and handy frogs should have right stuff as well.

I think the fire-bellied frogs should have "ST 3" and "AG 2" , ag 3 is to much Smile "They are quite slow due to thier shackled mishappened feet" as you described it, give them accurate to counter the loss of AG. Giving them ST 3 will also let them play another part on the field. I like the fact that it has really stupid, imagine assisting this guy only to have him fumble and drop a bomb at your feet.. O_O Oh btw, is there a reason for them having no hands?

I think the name "Mutant Frogs" does not fit with the current teams.
cowhead

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I think your right about about giving them AG 2 and Accurate so will be changing it accordingly, but i'm not sure about giving them ST 3. The name I just threw out there but I've come up with a new name for them. 'Zapped!' or 'The Zapped'

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually i was thinking about Zap-ish ideas myself "The Zapped" sounds cool Smile

Regarding the Fire-bellied. Having a secret weapon and really stupid would make you not want to bring this guy Razz With ST 3 i would reconsider. This would ofc raise the overall ST on team, so ST could be lowered on Rocket frogs in return. Just a suggestion.

edit: but then again, i do not have enough stunty experience to make this call.. I was simply looking at this from a: "would i play this team/use this position" perspective.
cowhead

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

It doesn't have secret weapon so it wont be sent off

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh i actually thought Bombadier was considered a secret weapon, my bad. In that case st 2 seems reasonable.
cowhead

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I've quickly made up some icons for how they would look.

Image Image Image Image Image

Last edited by cowhead on Feb 23, 2012 - 20:19; edited 4 times in total
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Idea: Bull-centfrog

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

No prehensile tongue? Wink

A silly team, but what the heck.

But you need to go 0-1 on the positionals. As it stands you'd only have to field 2 linefrogs!
cowhead

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair enough i've reduced the Chaos Bull Frogs, Darwin and Fire Belly Frogs to 0-1

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, having thought about this a bit more (heaven help me) here are my suggestions:

Make Frogzilla MA 5 AG 3 but AV8 (more mobility encourages leaping)

Drop the "Chaos" from the Bull Frog. Make them 0-2, G access and 80K

Redo Darwin's Icon to make him larger with a Big Hand on one side (on his head it wouldn't help with pickups), Make him St 2 Ag 4, drop Stunty and Titchy, and give him Leap and Very Long Legs for 90K (Suddenly he's almost a Slann catcher!)

Drop Firebelly altogether (Yes bombs are cool, but not every team needs them)
Change "Rocket" to "Spitting Frog", Give them Leap and make them 70K.

Find a better name than Floater (unless there's a frog called that that I'm not aware of) maybe "Dart Frog"?

Now I'm going to frog myself for spending this much time on this.. Wink
cowhead

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the suggestions, i've changed the Rocket and Floaters names as suggested and dropped the Chaos from the Bull Frog. I was never really happy with the Rockets name. I agree that the Floater had a terrible name but could not think of something suitable, Dart I think suits it well.

I like the idea of a faster Frogzilla but will have to increase it's price due to the extra AG so it now costs 150k

I've never been sure about the fire belly i just liked tha name and made a position that i thought fit, but I agree the team could do without it. I have upped the amount of Bull Frogs available back to 2 but don't think giving them G access is wise.

I was thinking about giving the Darwin 1 extra MA and am not feeling giving it VLL, Leap as I feel it's hand weighs it down. Also if anyone can think of a better name for the Darwin please let me know.
Aflo

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I love the nod to zap! but there's something that just feels off. Alternate idea: how about a team of really awful mutant chernobyl frogs with wizards as the positionals? The biggest limitation I can see is coding it into the client, like maybe having the most expensive 0-1 positional being able to cast a fireball or lightning bolt once a turn but you could replicate different spells to some extent with the weirder skills in CRP.

I can see a roster including a frogzilla, a grand mage (6,2,3,7 wizard spell), maybe 0-4 thrall mages (6,2,3,7 bombadier, hypno gaze, stab/chainsaw (,leap?) perhaps) and the rest 'Wyrd Frogs', your adorable 5,1,3,5 titchy leap VLL grunts.

Just think this'll be something a bit different than 'mini-slann' and it makes sense fluffwise.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

cowhead wrote:
I like the idea of a faster Frogzilla but will have to increase it's price due to the extra AG so it now costs 150k
Compare the updated Frogzilla
5 5 3 8 Loner, Leap, Mighty Blow, No Hands, Very Long Legs, Wild Animal
with a Chaos Minotaur
5 5 2 8 Always Hungry, Frenzy, Horns, Loner, Mighty Blow, Regeneration, Thick Skull, Throw Team-Mate, Wild Animal

That's: +1 AG, Leap, & VLL against Horns, Frenzy, Regen, and Thick Skull

I think 120K is fine for him. While you're at it, Frogzilla is cool and definitely he'll be called that, but his official name should probably be "Giant Frog" Wink

cowhead wrote:
I have upped the amount of Bull Frogs available back to 2 but don't think giving them G access is wise.
Most stunty teams have a position with G access, the Bull Frogs with their horns and (somewhat unrealiable) leaping offer the team a blitzing option to get the ball free.

cowhead wrote:
I was thinking about giving the Darwin 1 extra MA and am not feeling giving it VLL, Leap as I feel it's hand weighs it down.
If he were bigger (more like the half human half frog his name implies) it wouldn't. Plus Big Hand, Stunty, and Titchy is a little too much.. The ball wouldn't be safe anywhere on the ground! The idea of VLL and Leap is thematic (of course) but also making him Non Stunty/Titchy prevents him from being an insane ball grabber, still with Ag4, Leap and VLL he can do many of the cool things a Slann Catcher does except he's even better at getting the ball than catching it.

cowhead wrote:
Also if anyone can think of a better name for the Darwin please let me know.
Actually I like it, since (to me) it represents a half man/half frog. Plus since the position is 0-1 a Singular name fits (not the Darwin, just Darwin) Wink

So the roster would look thus:

0-1 Giant Frog 120000 5 5 3 8 Loner, Leap, Mighty Blow, No Hands, Very Long Legs, Wild Animal S (GAP)
0-1 Darwin 90000 6 2 4 6 Big Hand, Catch, Leap, Very Long Legs A (GSP)
0-2 Bull Frog 80000 6 2 2 6 Horns, Leap, No Hands, Very Long Legs G (ASP)
0-2 Spitting Frog 70000 5 2 3 6 Always Hungry, Hail Mary Pass, Strong Arm, Throw Team Mate P (GAS)
0-16 Dart Frog 50000 6 1 3 6 Dodge, Leap, Right Stuff, Stunty, Titchy, Very Long Legs
cowhead

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

OK i'm warming to idea of giving the Bull Frog G access didn't realise so many stuntys had access to G. And I see what you're saying about the cost of Frogzilla so i'll reduce the cost slightly but to 130k rather than 120k

I'm thinking that Darwin would be better as a Star Player for 'Zapped!' rather tham a regular player.
Having him look something like this
100k MA 6 ST 1 AG 4 AV 6
Big Hand, Dodge, Leap, Stunty, Very Long Legs

Plus having ani=other Star Player called Goliath
150k MA 4 ST 6 AG 1 AV 9
Frenzy, Loner, Mighty Blow, No Hands, Stand Firm,
 Jump to: