46 coaches online • Server time: 20:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cowhead

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the latest updated the icons. I've done front and side views and even done a 2nd Dart Frog. I've added the icons to previous posts too. Now I only hope my Frogs get noticed and let into the Stunty Leeg.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Last edited by cowhead on Mar 02, 2012 - 11:35; edited 13 times in total
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The bull frog side view needs to be more of a side view in my opinion. Showing both horns pointed forward.
cowhead

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I pretty much just nicked the horns from the mino Image and as you can see they just poke out to the side so i'm not that worried about them pointing forward.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

just doesn't look as good imo. Something like this would be cool (except on a frog of course)
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Nightbird wrote:
I do think, however, that maybe the goliaths & spitters could be knocked down to ag2.
Why?

ag3 w/ passing access, no stunty & TTM just seems a bit powerful to me.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
So your issue is with the spitting frogs, then? (Not sure why you suggested Goliath Frogs get nerfed as well).

I think the lack of secret weapons on the team leaves them as a kind of finesse team, where Leap/TTM is going to be their main "schtick". So I don't really think it's too good.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 06:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Nightbird wrote:
So your issue is with the spitting frogs, then? (Not sure why you suggested Goliath Frogs get nerfed as well).

I think the lack of secret weapons on the team leaves them as a kind of finesse team, where Leap/TTM is going to be their main "schtick". So I don't really think it's too good.

Sorry forgot to mention that a big guy that can leap as well as a rookie wardancer seems a bit too good to me as well.

Still love the idea & think it's one of the ones that has a chance to be implemented, w/ tweaking, as slann are not represented in stunty yet.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 08:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
Sorry forgot to mention that a big guy that can leap as well as a rookie wardancer seems a bit too good to me as well.
That an elf should leap as well as a Giant Frog seems a bit wrong to me, actually! Wink

Remember also that the Goliath Frogs lack many of the typical BG skills such as Frenzy, Stand Firm, or Thick Skull. The extra mobility provided by their AG and Leap is intended to make up for these. Ag 2 (even with VLL) means that Leap is basically wasted, since nobody would risk it on a player with Loner.
On1

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
That an elf should leap as well as a Giant Frog seems a bit wrong to me, actually! Wink

lol +1
cowhead

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I've removed Strong Arm from the Spitting Frog as I feel after getting a couple of skills it could be too powerful, eg. Strong Arm, Accurate, Pass = 4+ Long Bombs with a Reroll.
I'm also considering removing Mighty Blow from the Goliath and giving it Prehensile Tail or Tentacles instead to represent the Tongue, any thoughts on this.

Last edited by cowhead on Feb 27, 2012 - 09:57; edited 3 times in total
On1

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

cowhead wrote:
I've removed Strong Arm from the Spitting Frog as I feel after getting a couple of skills it could be too powerful, eg. Strong Arm, Accurate, Pass = 4+ Long Bombs with a Reroll.
I'm also considering removing Mighty Blow from the Goliath and giving it Prehensile Tail or Tentacles instead to represent the Tongue, any thoughts on this.

Tentacles!
Rabe

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Prehensile Tail fits better. He can always try to make someone trip with his tongue. He can't constantly hold several opponents with it! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well perhaps prehensile tail also fits stunty better, would be a bit nasty if he could leap in and secure ball carrier with tentacles.

Oh and btw... Cowhead!! You are missing out here! The dart frog should be named LEAP FROG! get it? har har Razz

And perhaps the Spitting Frog should be renamed Blow Toad (back in the days the zap'ed player was represented by a toad marker actually) the Spitting Frog is also the only position without leap, toad would be fitting.. just an idea
Rabe

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I was also thinking that Tentancles would really be too strong.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

OK so i'm going to go ahead with the change, mighty blow out, prehensile tail in.

I've had a go at making Frogzillas head more frog like, and given it a head like the Goliath Frogs. Which do you think is better?

I personally like the original one.

Image Image
Image Image
 Jump to: