42 coaches online • Server time: 16:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Howdy all.

Lots of people posting rosters, but we are completely overlooking something maybe more important, getting the star players sorted for Stunty. I think we can put our heads together and come up with enough new stars to allow each team to induce at least 3 stars, though 4 or 5 each would be better. Each team should have a variety of stars at different costs, ranging from cheap 50K ST1 stars, to a few big guys like Cusimano, who looks very underpriced at 130K. We also have to adjust/name some of the existing stars.

Ground rules:
1. You must have fluff written for the star. Who they are, where they came from, what makes them special, etc.

2. Keep the fact that this is Stunty in mind when choosing stats. Make it fun, make them unique. We don't need a whole pile of Block/Tackle/Piling On stars.

3. List the team(s) they can play for. Like FFB, there should be a few stars who will play for almost anyone, and some more specialized stars who are picky about the teams they play for.

4. Balance! Try and keep game balance in mind, this is not a way to try and get a cheap super star into your favourite team. Like FFB, some teams need stars to handle the ball for them, some need blitzers, etc.

5. Make in fun.

Existing stars all need some fluff, unless it already exists somewhere? We also need names for the Globadier, Deathroller, and possibly the Doom Diver, though that one is likely ok as it is unique enough. Any stat change suggestions for them welcome as well.

And just to be clear, this is in no way endorsed by Shadow, so if he doesn't like any of it, we're all out of luck. Razz

Teams and Star players
Bogeys
Shadow

Chaos Halflings
Tasty Tom, Logan, Minced Meat the Mad Buthcer, King Tot, Shadow

Eshin Adepts
Shadow, Bonegnawer, Poisoned Wind Globadier (Something Plaguewind?)

Fairies
Wil-O The Wisp, Hornswoggle, Shadow, Cusimano the Gentle Giant

Forest Goblins
Fumlig da Venomuz Spida, Shadow, Gong the Giant

Goblin Cheaters
Odster The Evil One, Gormak da Meanest Squig, Shadow

Gnoblar
Doom Diver Catapult (needs name), Shadow, Butcher (needds name)

Gnomes
Deathroller (name?), Cusimano the Gentle Giant, Shadow

Horrors of Tzeentch
Logan, Screamer (needs a name, Wailing Wanda?)

Nurglings
SmallPox the Flatulent, Shadow, Zend Sickstench

Pygmy
Leeloo Lion Tamer, Shadow, Gong the Giant

Skink
Karazara The Relentless, Shadow, Gong the Giant

Skryre Slaves
Poisoned Wind Globadier (Something Plaguewind?), Shadow, Bonegnawer

Snotlings
Doom Diver Catapult, Shadow, Zend Sickstench, Butcher (needds name)

Squig Herders
Mad Gark The Tamer , Fumlig da Venomuz Spida, Shadow, Gormak da Meanest Squig

Strigoyan
Igor, Tasty Tom, Shadow, King Tot

Last edited by WhatBall on Feb 27, 2012 - 22:19; edited 7 times in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

can you post that list of which star player you have got playing for which teams now. Because i believed you arranged it so they had two each now???
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

and a list of teams with their stars

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Copied from parent thread:

Star Players:
Screamers of Tzeentch are daemonic creatures which resemble flying stingrays that soar through the sky on the Winds of Magic. Drawn to this plane by the concentrated emotions of hatred, fear, and pain that occur on the Bloodbowl Pitch, they swoop down on foes and cut them apart with their sharp tusks and spiked tails.

300K* Screamer of Tzeenctch 8 3 4 7 Frenzy, Horns, Juggernaut, No Hands, Regeneration, Wild Animal

*Pricing still uncertain (thoughts?)

Last edited by Craftnburn on Feb 27, 2012 - 17:08; edited 2 times in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

CnB, while you've been great helping with my Bogey roster and the other rosters, I have to say, I absolutely hate that star player. Firstly, no flying players should be allowed. It is just wrong and looking at the picture, says nothing about BB to me. Sorry.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the current star player list, with my suggestions in green. So they currently look like the non-green/red strike-through version.

I think the Goblin and Halfling stars were left over from when they were in Stunty, so ignore them completely

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
It is just wrong and looking at the picture, says nothing about BB to me.
Is it any worse than Logan or Will-o-the-wisp?

(Feel free to discuss it in the Horrors thread so we don't clutter this one up.)
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this is the place for it. The wil-o-the-wisp is an odd one too, but not as hard to take as a flying stingray imo. Logan is a big dog, we have Dwarf cows already, so no biggie there, he is also land based. Sorry, I just look at that image and think, I don't know what, but not BB. Put the stat line on another body and work from there maybe?

It is a bit like the fish teams, I don't like the idea of them either, seems wrong. I do love the side-stepping crab though.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

"Dwarf cows"?

WhatBall wrote:
Sorry, I just look at that image and think, I don't know what, but not BB.
And this does? Wink

Stunty has Squigs, Dogs, Floating balls of light, catapults, steamrollers, miniature dinosaurs, spiders and daemons. I don't think that a flying ray is just off the deep end, plus it's Totally canon and fluff based. Also, it's a star (and by cost meant to be a rarer one at that) not a regular player.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I can accept almost anything running around on the field, but the idea of a flying fish I can't get my head around. Maybe it is just me though, and everyone else is cool with it. Not like my vote counts anyway. Wink

I meant Bull Centaurs for Dwarf cows. Name was escaping me.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Whatball, can we get the reverse list, where we can see how many and which stars has each team? It'll make it easier to tackle on a team by team basis.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Whatball, can we get the reverse list, where we can see how many and which stars has each team? It'll make it easier to tackle on a team by team basis.

Sorry, what do you mean by reverse list? You want to see what we need, versus what we have?

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I think he means a chart showing the Teams and then the stars available (Each team shown once, stars shown multiple times if available to more than one team)
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

rosters -> stars

That is, a list of teams and the stars they can get, instead of a list of stars and the teams they can play.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh, will do.