53 coaches online • Server time: 20:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Gnoblars Star

Butcher

5 5 2 9

Loner, Thick Skull, Mighty Blow, Blood Lust, stab.

Based on the butcher from the Ogre kingdoms army book. Stab because he has a meat hook. Blood Lust because he sacrifices Gnoblars to thier god. The great Maw. You could arguably give him bombadier to represent his spell casting ability to if you like, but i prefer the idea of him running round the pitch grabbing things with his meat hook Smile

I know the idea isnt fully fleshed out, but Gnoblars need the Butcher, whether it is with these stats or others im not bothered, but i think this is a good starting point.

Last edited by Garion on Feb 27, 2012 - 17:05; edited 2 times in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like a good start Garion. Could/would he play for any other teams?

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

could play for snotlings too i guess, as their alliance is more blured in the Bloodbowl world.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

you could also add some of the big teams stars like puggy baconbreath or willow rosebark. I bet they'll have more presence in stunty than they have in the big teams.

I've only seen puggy in the halfling xfl, and i don't recall having seen willow a single time.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Willow might be a possiblity on a Fairy team...

Puggy would never work with C-Flings though... he'll need to wait for an actual Halfling team (ahemWink).
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea for puggy, less keen on the useless willow rosebark though, just because i doubt she would get taken in this league either, she is pretty terrible lol. you could also add some of the old stunty players from 2nd ed that knut rockie has done on his site. I know Warmglow Vindaloo is done, I will check for others. You could add the Goblin Hooligan as well Very Happy both on this page -

http://fantasyfootballart.blogspot.com/2011_11_01_archive.html

edit: although willow for faeries is a good shout.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like the idea of the lesser BB stars having to take jobs at Stunty games to get by. The Count will run out of LRB4 money someday and need a job... Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

isn't the standard halfling team an option in stunty?

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
umm No.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
zakatan wrote:
umm No.

that's silly
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

no it's not...

it's been a few years, but if i recall correctly, part of the reason to nix the roster was to clear up inconsistencies between the stunty version and the Ranked/League version...i want to say there was some back end problems when combining the two different versions in U/L way back in the day...

now, the "standard" fling team is cflings, and the "standard" goblin team is cheaters...

--j

ImageImage
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Shadow
8/2/4/9 - 130K
Loner, Shadowing, Dodge, Side Step, Strip Ball, Stunty, No Hands, Regeneration

All teams except Tzeentch

The Shadow was a star Blood Blow player back in the time before it gained a renewed popularity. Legend tells tale of an epic match between the two most powerful teams facing off for the original Blood Bowl, now lost, perhaps forever. The year is known, but the exact century uncertain, some historians cite 2164, others 2064, while a few believe 2264 is the correct date. The uncertainty has lead to the year being known as 2X64.

Lore speaks of a heroic player, whose true name is now lost, leading his team to victory on that day. Known only to him at the time, the act was not only heroic, but self-sacrificing. He had gone against the god Tzeentch, who favouring the other side, had promised the star countless reward and unimaginable power to throw the game.

Moments after he crossed the goal line to win the match in the dying minutes, the furious Tzeentch struck, trying to smite him out of existence, while causing as much pain and agony as possible. The powerful gods supporting the winning side tried to intercede, and what happened next is a blur. Almsot every witnesses' account of it varies, but what is known, is that what was borne out of it was no longer human, nor spirit. The dark figure fluctuates now between the ethereal and corporal, still pursuing the game he loves for anyone who will have him, especially if he is given the chance to defeat the hated Tzeentch. He particularity loves to play for Bogey and Goblin Cheater teams.

Skill reasoning:
Shadowing, well, duh! Razz
High AG and Stunty to show semi-solid state and ability to move around.
No Hands to represent inability to hold the ball for any length of time, but this phasing also allows Shadow to get in and steal the ball more easily, he just can't maintain it. Regen, well, the Shadow is supernatural now.

*Any similarity between this star player and those described herein and members of FUMBBL is purely coincidental. This is in no way an attempt to "kiss butt" or sneak in a personal roster into Stunty either. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

...i see what you did there...

--j

ImageImage
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
All teams except Tzeentch

Laughing
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

oh and fyi...

that's how you write some damned fluff....

--j

ImageImage
 Jump to: