62 coaches online • Server time: 20:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I updated the first post to show teams and their stars. It is based on the mock up I did to try and get two existing stars per team, so some of it will not fit really well and need alteration as we go.

shadow46x2 wrote:
...i see what you did there...

--j

You mean set a good example of how to propose a new star player with full fluff and stat lines? Thanks. Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
lol Wink If only everyone could have as good a sense of humor.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
WhatBall wrote:
lol Wink If only everyone could have as good a sense of humor.

And here I thought you would come after me for a semi-ghost like player that can partially 'fly' if you will. Laughing

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

*I'll set prices later*

Gormak da Meanest Squig
6/5/4/7 Loner, Blood Lust, Leap, Mighty Blow, No Hands, Sprint, Very Long Legs, Frenzy

Squig Herders, Goblin Cheaters (maybe Forest Goblins)

Da biggest, da fastest, da meanest squig in da herd (mainly because he kept eating the herd).

King Tot
3/4/1/9 Loner, Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, Regeneration

Strigoyan, Chaos Halflings

'Tater' Tot Smellyfeet set out to explore the world and sample it's many delicious cuisines. Unfortunately for the poor Halfling, in the land of the Khemri, he ate a bad date and his adventure came to an untimely end. It wasn't the end for 'Tater' Tot, though, as the Khemri necromancers were able to mummify the Halfling and he was reborn to walk the world again. Alas, he was no longer able to eat and had lost his purpose in the world until one day he saw a Blood Bowl match and for the first time in centuries, found something to do.

Mincemeat, the Mad Butcher
5/2/3/6 Loner, Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Stab, Multiple Block

Chaos Halflings

No one knows exactly what is in Mincemeat's meat pies. They just know that many an injured Blood Bowl player was sent to the Halfling's kitchen and never returned.

Gong, The Giant Gorilla
5/5/2/8 Loner, Wild Animal, Mighty Blow, Frenzy, Always Hungry, Throw Team-Mate

Pygmy, Skinks, Forest Goblins

Gong terrorized the jungles of the Southlands until the day he came across a beautiful, fair maiden and his giant gorilla heart melted. The maiden's father was a Blood Bowl agent and saw an opportunity to make some cash. He sought out the finest trainers in the land to teach Gong how to play Blood Bowl. Eventually, Gong stopped eating the trainers and learned how to play the game. Now he terrorizes the pitch like he used to terrorize the jungles, all to please the fair maiden that captured his big, gorilla heart.

Last edited by MisterFurious on Feb 28, 2012 - 00:22; edited 3 times in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Those are great Mr.F!

I think Gong needs Always Hungry to fit the fluff, and TTM, as he like picking people up, mostly to eat them. Also, a slip in the fluff on his name makes suggestion of another name, based on his endowment. Wink

King Tot... Laughing

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think Mincemeat makes a good Star; he's a Head Carver with stab (which arguably Head Carvers should have anyway) and loner, which really doesn't bring much new to the team.

However, if it was Mincemeat, the Mad Baker
5/2/3/6 Loner, Dodge, Hail Mary Pass, Strong Arm, Stunty, Right Stuff, Wrestle

Chaos Halfling, Strigoyan

No one knows exactly what is in Mincemeat's meat pies. They just know that many an injured Blood Bowl player has been sent to the Bakers kitchen and never returned. Worse, they know that whenever Mincemeat leaves his kitchen, it is with arms full of meatpies that he forces everyone to eat - either by wrestling you to the ground and force feeding you, or by hurling them across the pitch at players he can't catch.

I think that would at least be a step in the right direction.
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Those are great Mr.F!

I think Gong needs Always Hungry to fit the fluff, and TTM, as he like picking people up, mostly to eat them. Also, a slip in the fluff on his name makes suggestion of another name, based on his endowment. Wink

King Tot... Laughing

Whoops! I had originally called him Dong (Ding Dong), but decided to change it because, well, you know! Good idea about TTM and Always Hungry. I thought about putting Always Hungry on him for fluff, but didn't think about TTM.

Nelphine wrote:
I don't think Mincemeat makes a good Star; he's a Head Carver with stab (which arguably Head Carvers should have anyway) and loner, which really doesn't bring much new to the team.

But Head Carvers don't have stab and stab is a very potent skill in Stunty Leeg. Plus, some of the stars need to be cheap.

Here's another for the rats:

Bonegnawer
5/4/2/7 Loner, Wild Animal, Frenzy, Prehensile Tail

Being the runt of the Rat Ogre litter, Bonegnawer was deemed unsuitable for battle. He was, however, deemed quite suitable for Blood Bowl and is rented out to any Blood Bowl coaches that will pay the price.

Last edited by MisterFurious on Feb 28, 2012 - 00:11; edited 1 time in total
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

MisterFurious wrote:

Bonegnawer
5/4/2/7 Loner, Wild Animal, Frenzy, Prehensile Tail, Decay

When creating Rat Ogres, sometimes parts are left over. Occasionally, someone will attempt to get one more Rat Ogre done by assembling the leftover scraps. Such was the case with Bonegnawer, the Rat Ogre that isn't quite put together right.

Rat Ogres aren't assembled like golems or something. They are just rats fed with warpstone and some moulder magic/technology to get bigger and stronger breeds. Of course there are numerous failures in the process, like in any other process that involves skaven and/or warpstone, so the star is still valid, just need to tweak the fluff.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

MisterFurious wrote:
Gormak da Meanest Squig
King Tot
Mincemeat, the Mad Butcher
Gong, The Giant Gorilla
Nice! King Tot is the best!!
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

why does tzeentch get to hire Smallpox the Flatulent? It should be a nurgle only star. Skaven from Pestilens clan would fit also, but they don't have a team XD

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
why does tzeentch get to hire Smallpox the Flatulent? It should be a nurgle only star. Skaven from Pestilens clan would fit also, but they don't have a team XD

As I said, was originally trying to get 2 stars per team. If it is not a good fit, I will remove. Consider the change made, thanks.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Will the prices for stars be adjusted up as for the "real" stars when they transferred to CRP?
If so most are underpriced IMO.
The gentle giant being a prime example Wink

SL
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, costs and stats will need to be looked at.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
zakatan wrote:

As I said, was originally trying to get 2 stars per team. If it is not a good fit, I will remove. Consider the change made, thanks.

With the 2 star per team I think the goal is a cheapish star (50~100k) and a more powerful one.

I'm not sure what Logan is but it looked like a Khorne minion, which wouldn't fit either Sad

For Tzeentch stars i think C&B's proposal (seriously toned down) could be an option actually. I'm not that much against it. These creatures are known to be predators in the disformity, but rather weak and useless when materialized in the real world.

8 2 4 7 Loner, Horns, Claw, No hands, regen 80k

Something like that, maybe? As claw is pretty useless in stunty, Juggernaut instead is viable too.
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
MisterFurious wrote:

Bonegnawer
5/4/2/7 Loner, Wild Animal, Frenzy, Prehensile Tail, Decay

When creating Rat Ogres, sometimes parts are left over. Occasionally, someone will attempt to get one more Rat Ogre done by assembling the leftover scraps. Such was the case with Bonegnawer, the Rat Ogre that isn't quite put together right.

Rat Ogres aren't assembled like golems or something. They are just rats fed with warpstone and some moulder magic/technology to get bigger and stronger breeds. Of course there are numerous failures in the process, like in any other process that involves skaven and/or warpstone, so the star is still valid, just need to tweak the fluff.

Ahh. The new minis have stitches all over them, so I thought they were assembled like golems. I can change it if necessary.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/aBlogOfTwoGamersPost.jsp?aId=12400035a
 Jump to: