39 coaches online • Server time: 18:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
flydd

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

After an impressive 8 cas in his last game Heskit the cripple has rolled double 6 for his third skill.

So now I have a tough skill choice do I take the +ST or do I take a double skill. Obvious double to me for him would be tackle as I generally blitz with him (due to him having PO) and juggernaut means that both downs become pushes.

Any other skill suggestions?
delusional

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Taking tackle to change a push back is a waste. Especially with Frenzy where you get 2 bites at the cherry. Hey why not be boring and pick block for the same reason.

Jump up could be an option, but with ST6 he would be knocked down less and more able to take on other big guys. Considering that he has Frenzy, I would take st+ and use him against other big guys (or stop the others ganging up on him).

Other skills, dodge (then take break tackle), jump up (works well with PO), Block, up to you.
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

+ST should be really good, and as delusional said great against other big guys. Plus it helps in keeping the three dice with frenzy against the little ones.

On the other hand, tackle might be the best skill you can get in stunty leeg. Far better chances of getting a stunty down & forcing difficult dodges.

But it might depend on whom you blitz most. +ST is also a lot rarer, another double is a possibility, another +ST far less so.
flydd

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The other reason I have for not taking ST6 is skyre has lots of guard which means I am more likely to get assists.

The other things I have been considering is what the next skill would be. ST6 would be followed by break tackle to make the most of it. Not sure what I would take after tackle, Break tackle is still an option or guard could help with stand firm and grab would help with crowd surfing SS players.
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Either guard (can never have enough) or break tackle next. Grab is no option on a frenzy player.
Another thing to consider, which I forgot, is that since he has piling on you lose a bit of synergy with tackle. It's not a big thing as he's likely to stand up next turn, unlike a chaos spawn or some other big guy with a negatrait, but it's something to consider.
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle for moar carnage guaranteed. Jump up for moar blocks and fewer gfis (and therefore probably more carnage). +ST for moar fun smashing trees, fenbeasts and everyone else and for break tackle madness later (but probably less short term carnage).

In nearly all these 6,6 cases with juggered BGs in the Leeg tackle is the sensible choice.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

blöck? always good to have with frenzy, right?
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

+ST - Take on Big Men easier.
Tackle - Take down the stunties, and force opponents into using more RRs on failed dodges
Jum-Up - Block, POMB, repeat next turn without wasting a blitz. Especially useful when opponents try to foul your roller and fail to break his armor.
 Jump to: