45 coaches online • Server time: 18:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Based on the team downgrades options (see pg 2), how far does this team have to go to become balanced?
None! This team is fine as is!
35%
 35%  [ 14 ]
#1 Just dump one of the big guys, then you're golden
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
#2 Drop ST on all those Tinkers as well
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
#3 All the gnomes were too strong, ST1 throughout!
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
#4 ST1 gnomes AND ST2 Constructs is the ticket
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
#5 Doesn't matter what you do, this team sucks and I hates them
35%
 35%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 39

Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2012 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, my proposal was kind of different from the team Siggy presented (at least I think so). I just wanted to throw it in to provide some more inspiration, but since there has been no direct response, I'll probably try to open up another stunty team thread and hope for more replies. Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2012 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

One gnome team or twenty gnomes teams, whats the difference as long as they all have a unique play style?

We've already got Cheaters, FGobs and Squig Herders... all goblin teams. All very different. No problem there.

Other than the players being of the Gnomish race, they're unique from the gnomes on the 'Gnome' team. Not a single identical stat-line.

But, if it doesn't float your boat, no big deal. Can't please everyone.

Last edited by Sigmar1 on Mar 11, 2012 - 19:36; edited 1 time in total
Aflo

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2012 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

You've missed the point of my post mate. It's the background that's the problem. Fix that and I'll be happy to chip in with playstyle/roster suggestions but if it just doesn't sit right in the context of the fluff then, for me atleast, there's not much interest.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2012 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, based on some of the feedback I've gotten (I'm ignoring all you guys who voted for the last option Very Happy ) I've revised the first post to reflect a more balanced team. Automatons are now 0-1 and Tinkers are ST1 with Fend. May give the Mechanics Fend as well, because they're just Tinkers who have been around a while and eventually developed some strength due to all the hard work.

As for position names...I like Mechanic and Tinker, but am open to suggetions on the others. So far I've got Barricade or Bastion for the Automaton and Ramrod or Piledriver for the Construct. Other ideas welcome!

Finally, assuming the team is now reasonably balanced...how about a fun position? What would need to be done to fit this guy into the roster?

0-1 Meatgrinder 4/4/1/8 Loner, Ball & Chain, Tackle, Secret Weapon
Allowed Skills? Cost?

The Meatgrinder is a simpler machine that's just wound up and set loose. It's a central shaft on wheels which spins large chains and hooks. Another question would be what to do about skills? I know others have suggested giving machines like this mutation...but there are fairly limited number of mutations that make sense for a B&C. Perhaps this thing should only be a star, that way you wouldn't ever have to worry about it skilling up.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2012 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Aflo wrote:
if it just doesn't sit right in the context of the fluff then, for me atleast, there's not much interest.

Next thing, someone will want the Space Marines idea in stunty Laughing
Aflo

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2012 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Space marines DO live in the BB world, they've just been in hiding all this time in waiting for the stunty cup Smile
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2012 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Players and fluff updated on pg 1. Team is now finalized other than potential alternate position names for the Automaton and Construct.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2012 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it took a boat load more time and effort than I had anticipated, but finally got the Tinker icons to a point where I'm happy with them.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

A shoutout is due to Cowhead, whose Leprechauns formed the basis for the Tinkers.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2012 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I know absolutely nothing about the stunty teams (not in Help) but I really like the concept. I think you've come up with something that really fits its fluff. Powerful automatons that are Really Stupid without their masters. I think it creates a unique approach to playing with this team - and against it (take off the head and see the body die).

It's a good idea. I hope this works for you.

I'd go for steampunk gnomes rather than garden. Add goggles, pipes and gears.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2012 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Mechanics completed:

Image Image Image Image

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2012 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Those look nice! Gotta love that team. I guess I should take a vote in the other thread, totally forgot about it...

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2012 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking good!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2012 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking good!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2012 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking good!
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2012 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like this team, but I have a couple concerns--

About the Constructs--
As has been mentioned before, two St3 Block rookies is kinda unprecedented in Stunty-- It's gonna be very swingy; when they're on their game, they'll dominate, and when they go stupid, the team loses most of its power. My suggestion would be to change their skill access from S/GAP to GP/ASM, up their Ag to 3 and drop Ma to 5. Here's why I'm suggesting it-- think about this for a second:
---Although starting with Block makes them borderline-overpowered, depriving them of easy Mighty Blow and Guard will keep opposing stunties on the field longer, while still giving them a (very) strong tactical edge. The difference between Mighty Blow and no Mighty Blow is incredibly dramatic in [S], and I wouldn't be too quick to give that out. They already have the best G skill (Block), and Tackle is the only other strong choice, while Pro, Shadowing and Frenzy are-halfway decent third-skill picks.
---Giving the option of using them as throwers makes the team (I think) at least twice as interesting. Currently, bashing is pretty much the only tactical option this team has (plus a scant TTM). This is actually pretty dry compared to most Stunty teams, which have a smattering of qualities to gain an edge-- like pinning (Pygmies, Gnoblars, Nurglings), muscle (Squigs, Snotlings, Skryre Slaves), strong skills (Forest Goblins, Strigoyan), Secret Weapons (Cheaters, Skryre Slaves, Chaos), stab (Skinks, Forest Goblins, Eshin), running (Skinks, Eshin), passing (Eshin, Skryre Slaves), Leap (Squigs, Pygmies, Faeries), etc. The idea of a Thrower with Really Stupid gives the team some good choices early on, which I think will keep them more fun-- As the team stands now, imagine what's going to happen if you fail 2 of 3 RS rolls on the first turn of Offense: suddenly your one game-plan is shot; you will get crushed and be frustrated the whole drive. An Ag3 non-stunty thrower gives you a Plan B, while RS and no basic ball-skills keeps it in check, and Ma5 and no agility skills will disuade you from building an uber-runner to cage in.
---Doubles rolls get a lot more interesting, with Dodge, Mighty Blow, Guard, Claw, or Extra Arms all being strong choices. I suggested M access because it's in flavor with the idea of mechanical enhancements, like the Skryre Mechavermin, although it's not central to the main suggestion.

Other concerns--
Most Big Guys have another skill (or 2) packed in there-- like Regen, Frenzy, Prehensile Tail, Stand Firm, Tentacles, Disturbing Presence, Foul Appearance etc. Your Bastions lack this, and with MA3, Loner, and Decay, I wonder if Really Stupid is really necessary. I know they're cheap, but I think they'll just be dominated by every other Big Guy, because right now, they really don't compare favorably to any other. Maybe drop the Ma to 2 and remove RS? This gives them a flavorful character of a slow-moving, mechanical hulk, but gives the team a bit more reliability in its main strategy. Otherwise, if you're determined to keep RS, I'd give them something else-- either up the ST to 6 (which is cool, but not overpowered, I think) or add Stand Firm and Foul Appearance, which is more flavorful (heavy like a Treeman, intimidating like a Deathroller) and up the price to 120-130k.

I know Pygmies are hardly a good starting point, but compare your Mechanics to Pygmy Alligator Warriors, (which, after the first skill, are pretty decent players on that team), and Gnome Daredevils.
Alligators: 4228, Stunty, Thick Skull, GA/SP, 70k
Daredevils: 5228, Stunty, Thick Skull, Block, Frenzy, Dauntless, Right Stuff, GS/AP, 80k
Mechanics: 5238, Stunty, Thick Skull, Fend, Dodge, Right Stuff, 90k

The cost difference is pretty insignificant; rookie Mechanics are stronger than both of the others, and the difference only gets more dramatic after a few skills. (Sure, at rookie level, the Gnome has block, but there are also no Big Guys on that team, so he's got most of the bashing responsibility on his shoulders, which the mechanic doesn't.) I'd say that you should drop the Av down to 7, and take 10k off. Av7/ThickSkull is still quite hardy for Stunty Leeg!

I hope some of this has been helpful. I'd like to see this team get implemented.
 Jump to: