41 coaches online • Server time: 13:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: May 16, 2012 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like V1.

Hmm, not a great fan of your history though, dunno what it is, just doesn't ring right to me.

I'll write a version sometime soon and post it here, see what you think.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2012 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the V2 saw concept, reliably TTMing across the pitch with HMP. Won't work though: HMP may not be used on TTM. Without HMP, the saw really needs to be made a lot more reliable.

Also: giving only M access on the saw seems silly. Mutations won't help this thing at all. They help you dodge, pick up (2), leap, catch, intercept(2), break armor, or not get blocked. TTM needs NONE of that. Mutations don't help throwing at all, which is what the thing was built to do.

Since TTM can only be inaccurate the agility stat doesn't help (agility doesn't prevent fumbles), so making it reliable means either giving it passing skills, or give it passing access.
Allowing passing access would result in lots of NoS, which doesn't sound right (since you should be able to interfere with the machine), but adding more of strong arm/pass/accurate/pro might help. My take is that the pass skill is too much here, but pro might be just the thing.

I'd say give it AG1 (AG doesn't matter for TTM, but I can't imagine it dodging) and accurate, pro, and loner. Then allow S access (with strong arm as a logical first choice). Also, I think stand firm makes sense. Last but not least, I think it should have really stupid. It's a seesaw, and someone needs to jump on the other end. =)

0 5 1 10 Really stupid, throw team-mate, secret weapon, stand firm, pro, accurate, loner S GAPM 80k

imo Pricing is very hard to figure out on this saw. It's an MA0 secret weapon, so it really shouldn't be too expensive. Also, bear in mind that these things will rarely cas, never score, and almost never pass a ball without a stunty attached to it. Giving it more skill access will thus mean very little.

I'd consider pricing it more like a big guy, and removing the secret weapon skill altogether. Being around for the whole game makes them a bit more likely to skill and (again) more reliable. Whether it should be 0-1 or 0-2 I'm not sure.
Roland

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

This needs to be next!
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah I like this idea though familiars have to be titchy imo.

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Why do you think that? The figures weren't that small, they were goblin sized. At least double the size of snotling figures.

I think this idea could be married with whatball's team, the icons he did are really inline with how I imagined familiars.

Looking back on it, I would add some really weird chaos creatures with character. The Jabberwocky would be a lot of fun, and I'd like to see the cockatrice. Ok, usually I'm against no hand creatures, however the idea of having an oversized chicken of death running around with hypno gaze would be fun.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 12:00
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
...having an oversized chicken of death running around with hypno gaze would be fun.

Hard to argue with that logic Razz
Roland

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, yes! That would be hillarious! Very Happy
Could pickup the ball with the beak though Wink

Edit: oh, alright hypno gaze would be useless unless no hands...

Last edited by Roland on %b %05, %2015 - %12:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Why do you think that? The figures weren't that small, they were goblin sized. At least double the size of snotling figures.

I had a number of them and they do vary in size but most are smaller than goblins. In between goblin and snotlings in size for the most part and almost all are considerably thinner than goblins too.

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea, they we're kind of small... Couldn't they be st2 titchy?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes thinner for sure and a most I guess are a bit smaller, but still ST 2 in my opinion (they didn't have stats). Also remember that goblins of the time were smaller than now, much smaller. Heightwise the more interesting familiars were often taller than some of the goblin figures.

Well the great thing about giving the cockatrice no hands (which he should have) means you could make his agility anything you want, which then aids the hypnogaze.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
Yea, they we're kind of small... Couldn't they be st2 titchy?
yup

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Jabberwocky also looks cool, what is it? (Fluff?)

Would be cool to have 0-1 of cockatrice and jabber instead of greater daemons.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Jabberwocky were 'borrowed' from Lewis Carroll and portrayed similarly but in the warhammer universe. Warhammer Jabberwock is as below>

The jabberwock is a creature of chaos recognisable by its bipedal, vaguely humanoid shape and tiny wings. Its long sinuous neck supports an ugly beakless but otherwise turkey like head. Jabberwocks generally breed true and (unusually for chaos creatures) only with each other. However, individual features can vary (this fluff would have been for modelling options) a great deal, including claws, the shape and size of the tail, length of limbs and colour. It is difficult to see what sort of creature may have been distorted to produce the Jabberwock. It may be the spawn of some sort of humanoid, probably a Troll as they have the same regenerative powers. It has been written of Jabberwocks that their only invariable characteristics are that they are very brave, very aggressive and rather stupid' this is also reminiscent of Trolls. Although winged, the Jabberwocks cannot fly - they flap their wings as they run (as do cockatrices) or knuckle walk along, producing a disconcerting humming noise.

Jabberwocks are large monsters standing over 12 feet tall (Minos, Ogres, Treemen and Trolls are described as at least 10 feet tall) and often much larger. Although their forelimbs are manipulative, they often knuckle walk along the ground in the manner of apes. Jabberwocks can be any colour and are frequently luminous.

Note: for me the main facial characteristics of a Jabberwock are the buck teeth (can be 2 sets meeting or just top jaw) and the large pale pupiless eyes (recently a lot of figures have had dragonesque pupils) based off of the recent Alice movie, however I'm not overly a fan of that portrayal.

Jabberwocks are subject to stupidity (really stupid)
Jabberwocks are powerful creatures . Any blows struck by them have a better than average chance of penetrating armour (Mighty Blow)
Jabberwocks have the same rengerative properties as Trolls (errr regen)

Jabberwocks may have chaotic attributes (mutations on doubles). Jabberwock stats varied greatly, basically you rolled a d6 and took the stats described.

RPG adds the following:

The incursions of chaos have produced thousands of strange creatures. Many are totally unclassifiable, mere one offs whose savage mutations bar them from becoming the progentiors of a race. ONe of the strangest creatures to ahve a recognisable form, and which be postively identified as belonging to a fixed species is teh jabberwock. Even this so called species is subject to gross mutations, as well as a vast catalogue of minor variations, such as colour and size. The most distinguishing thing about the Jabberwock is that it is very brave, very aggressive but rather stupid.

...........Jabberwocks have long, scrawny necks and large ugly heads. Although they have wings, most Jabberwocks annot fly. Instead they flap their wings furiously as they move.........The night vision of a Jabberwock extends to 20 yards.
Roland

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Kewl
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

For completeness the Cockatrice and the Chaos SeeSaw.

The cockatrice is a creature of chaos, which shares the physical qualities of a fowl and reptile. Like all creatures that live within the shadow of the dreaded incursions of chaos it is subject to all kinds of weird and horrifying variations, but all Cockatrice have 2 stable mutations. These are its generally fowl/reptile appearance and its ability to petrify a living opponent. A typical cockatrice has 2 powerful legs, a round body and a long scaled neck. Its head is beaked and bears a crest and wattles. Cockatrice are always winged, but their wings can take a reptillian or feathered form.

Cockatrice are large monsters, the smallest of which is over 10 feet tall. Although larger ones are common. Cockatrice can be of any colour, but are frequently seen to be mottled in black and brown.

..........If this is failed the target is petrified - literally turned to stone. (hypnogaze would represent this well I think)

Again the Cockatrice can have mutations (maybe on regular rolls) again there is no regular stat line (so again like the Jabberwocky there is freedom there). RPG does not have it added, but it appears both the Jabberwock and Cockatrice have made comebacks with 8th ed warhammer.

The cockatrice has only 2 legs and therefore would not be able to handle a ball.

Chaos SeeSaw

THe Chaos See-Saw is a large, dangerous looking contraption which is used to lanuch players though the air and (hopefully) down the length of the pitch. 2 players are needed to do this: A bouncer (he would come with the seesaw and count as one player) and a jumper, both of whom must be standing next to the see-saw. Neither player can be in an opposing players tackle zone if the see saw is to be used (obviously we now have refined TTM rules and would over ride anything from 2nd ed).

The see saw takes up 2 square on the pitch (again this rules has been removed for large players) and must always face lengthwise toward the oppositions end zone. It may be moved upto 3 squares per turn by 2 players or 1 square per turn by 1 player. The player (s) who move the SS must remain beside it for the whole turn and cannot move any further once they have moved the SS (too complex, very 2nd ed).

(more far too complicated rules yada yada yada)

It's possible to launch an involuntary jumper by pushing an opponent onto the see saw and then having a teammate catapult him back towards his own endzone. (would be awesome to incorporate this, great for TT, however impossible for the client, however the SS has 'offensive' capabilities. As I said I like the idea of the 'bouncer' being able to swivel the plank around, jump on one end and crack an opponent under the chin with the other. This would be by 'Mighty Blow' and discourage players from camping next to it).

The Chaos SS could break. Opposing players were allowed to attack the SS as well. Although they could not use it, as it took practice. Curiously they could move it!

Lookwise it had a heavy metal look and lots of ornate chaotic carvings and features.
 Jump to: