37 coaches online • Server time: 13:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the background info mouse. I am intrigued by this roster, and the idea of multiple variants of linemen as oppose to the 0-12 or 0-16 standard.

I also wonder, could pit trap somehow be modified to be used for the SS as a skill to throw other players.i will inquire.

Last edited by WhatBall on Jan 05, 2015 - 23:00; edited 1 time in total
Roland

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

grab?
harvestmouse

Post 23 Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the foundation of this roster are these

http://www.solegends.com/citcat88/0208rocsorcerors-01.htm

http://www.solegends.com/citcat88/0209rocsorcerors-01.htm

As you can see, the familiars can take on any form. However, figures 16 (1st page) 4, 7, 8, 16, 18, 19, 20 (2nd page) are great great figures. However there is so much variation, you can add elements from your Bogey roster (the pumpkin character is duplicated for example) or the wizard roster.

As they're chaotic (and a bit odd)you can add other elements. The Chaos SeeSaw as primarily a TTM machine (just like the cannon) is an old Blood Bowl piece that really should come back.

The Cockatrice and Jabberwock is a real nod to the 80s GW. Anybody who was part of this era, will remember the magic of that time. It was magical as these beasts are. On top of this, the Cockatrice aka the crazy chicken would be a totally bizarre and enjoyable player to play with, a total loon.

How the players are implemented, well they had no stats so there's a lot of potential. I think they should be ST2. ST1 players are rather restricting. So, you could make them rather traditional with a kind of wizard apprentice type (looking at the figures) player or you could take each figure and make stats for him, which the player would then choose which ones he wants. Obviously balancing wouldn't be easy, but as heroes make the division, not impossible.

What is 'lit trap'? I know I should know... :/
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Lit Trap is a typoed Pit Trap, the card. Or it's effect, at least.

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, lit trap is pit trap. Damn phone. Very Happy

Thanks for the links. I didn't play a whole lot back in the day, but when I did it was the very early 90s, and it definitely seemed more fun and free flowing. I want to bring back that kind of feel as much as is possible within the confines of the current rule set.

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, I'm lost. The Pit Trap skill places a player prone. I don't see the connection.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

It's Trampoline Trap. I knew the effect he meant, forgot that wasn't actually the card that did it.

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

no plz, don't make loads of different linemen...
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, well it's an interesting concept. Using cards as part of a roster. However for this one, I don't think so. This is done before a kick off, which means an opposing player would not be anywhere near the See-Saw. So it wouldn't be authentic. A see saw could be used against opposing players 'if' they were pushed on to it. I don't think the client has the mechanics for it or trampoline would replicate it. Interesting though, very interesting.

However the concept of using cards as part of a roster.....if it could be implemented would most certainly be interesting.

Key word: interesting. There's so many avenues open if you could do what you wanted aka TT. My voodoo roster for example!
Roland

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Regarding cards as part of a roster (kind of): the old star player "Zirrexelekakazax" (lord of change) required that you also hired a wiz and bought a Random Event Card Razz
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

There are a few players that could be classed as 'on field spellcasters'. Hubris Rakarth for a definite example. The forest goblin shamen, possibly another. However balancing is impossible. I've playtested these, and for a competitive environment and all I can say is

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2015 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, I'm not overly for or against individual stat linemen, however why would you be anti it on principle?
Roland

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2015 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

There's a risk they'll be overworked, too many skills for example
Roland

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2015 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I still think that Grab is the best implementation of the seesaw throwing opponents.
I don't see any other that would work in tje client.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2015 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, nothing really works well. I think that aspect will probably get forgotten. There are important skills that the thing would need.

Would be pretty amazing though on TT. Guy puts a player next to it, gets blitzed pushed on to the 'saw' and punted down field and out of the action!
 Jump to: