7 coaches online • Server time: 05:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2012 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

All I'm saying is that a minotaur seems a particularly bad fit, given the rest of the team. Also consider that there's an general tendency in roster design to avoid differences in identically named positionals. (e.g. Why does a Human Ogre still have TTM? If you say PB, you're a liar!) So, if you're going far enough to modify a player, you may as well create a new one, and make it tailored to the team in question. And given the other WA on the team (and if he's serious about TTM), I think RS would make the team a bit less frustrating.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2012 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

On a related note, it does bother me that stunty minos are different than the regular ones. I can see an argument for different skill access, because training with Halflings is bound to be different from training with Chaos Warriors, but different starting skills? Why?

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2012 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
On a related note, it does bother me that stunty minos are different than the regular ones. I can see an argument for different skill access, because training with Halflings is bound to be different from training with Chaos Warriors, but different starting skills? Why?

Because chaos flings feed them with raw troll meat
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2012 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I guess that kinda makes sense, to explain the Regen. Except if they have all those trolls to feed to the mino, why not have the trolls play for them too? And it doesn't explain the Always Hungry/TTM...

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2012 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

the downside of the regen from troll meat, is they become really hungry like trolls. minos like blood everywhere be that smashing people with fists or using the midgets as projectiles
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2012 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
xnoelx wrote:

Because chaos flings feed them with raw troll meat

Seems a bit uncouth, frankly. Raw? These be halflings, we're talking about.

A little troll meat... some rosemary and garlic.... in a white-wine sauce... It's what makes minotaur friendly enough to throw the halflings.

Seriously, though, I always assumed that the whole reasoning behind the Minotaur was that he was the only big-guy who could get normal mutational access, which match better with the halflings. (this being before Pact and Nurgle were out)
Palorrin

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2012 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say, I like (and hadn't thought of) the bloodletter idea. It really adds more character/flavor to the team. What (in your opinions) would make a good stat/skill line for such a creature? My first idea goes something like this:

0-1 Bloodletter 6/4/2/8 Claw, Frenzy, Horns, Loner, Thick Skull, Throw Team-Mate, Wild Animal (S/GAPM) 120 K

(Eventually I will edit my team to include a bloodletter... but I want to work out what it would look like first.)
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2012 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

If he's only S4 he should have something to make up for it to compare with other big guys; possibilities: AV 9, lose wild animal, lose loner, or drop the price to 100 or 110. Of course, he's already lost always hungry and gained Claw and MA 6, so he's doing pretty well, so my preference would be to give him AV 9.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2012 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Glad if I helped. I think dropping Loner might make more sense. A Khornate daemon would be (relatively, by BB standards) good with the whole martial discipline/teamwork side of things, & I'd figure the fluff ties him in as the one who lets the blood to summon/create the rest of the players, or something similar; so he should work well with them. I also think either Thick Skull or Regen works better as a stand-in for a daemonic aura than raising the AV.*

*Disclaimer about basing these opinions on my particular take on the fluff rather than 'balance' or good design.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2012 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for your suggestions, I really like some of them. I've been thinking about regen for the entirety of the team for a while... and with the fluff idea that seems to be the way to go. I also like the idea of dropping loner...

See Edit #3
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2012 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you should drop the ss on the Splotches for pretty much the same reason I removed Fend from my Tinkers (who are only ST1). Any spammed skill on the teams linos really makes for a lot of power, and they'e already got Claw and Infect (and to a lesser extent Regen) to make them unique.

So, imo: 0-16 Splotches 5/2/2/6 Claw, Infect, Regen, Right Stuff, Stunty 40k A/GSPM

Sidestep on the Clots is perfectly fine as they're a limited positional. Although I'm not quite getting the high MA values for them or the Hemophages from a fluff or balance standpoint (unless you just feel they need the boost offensively?) The team looks very fast to me.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2012 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know Infect, I'm assuming it's similar to Nurgle's Rot?

I believe the aim is 6 star players per team, so I'd vote for adding Thundershout, Butcher & one more, maybe Shadow or the chainsaw.

MA-wise, I think maybe the Hemophage should be lower than the others; the smaller forms I imagine as still semi-liquid, I can see them move/flowing around quite quickly, but the Hemophage's skin has hardened, so he's pretty much a giant walking scab; seems like he wouldn't be that fast.
Palorrin

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2012 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Originally I added side step to increase the splotches and clots survivability and mobility. Regeneration I guess would take care of that. The additional movement was to prevent the team from getting too bogged down and isolated. Regen also allows teams to take more risks and chances, reducing the need for speed.

Infect is supposed to be exactly like nurgle's rot, except instead of producing a nurgling or rotter, it produces a splotch.

As for star players, Odster the Evil One, Shadow, Thundershout Gristlegnasher would probably work... Butcher requires thralls.

See Edit #4
Palorrin

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2013 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Seeing as people are talking about new teams again, I thought I'd revive this thread to ask if there are any new (or old) suggestions out there to improve my team suggestion. Please leave comments, I'd like to hear your ideas/advice!
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2013 - 07:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll reiterate what I said before:

A lineman who has Av6, no dodge, Ag2 and costs 40k is simply unplayable.
The team will simply lose so many that
1) The pitch will be clear in the first few turns
2) You won't be able to keep buying new players to keep up with your losses.

And what good is TTM on a team when everyone has Ag2?
 Jump to: