35 coaches online • Server time: 11:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Palorrin

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2013 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, now that increments of 5k are available... I think I am able to do something to reduce the cost of players. Especially since some of the "baseline" players (halflings, and forest goblins for example) have decreased in price.

That being said, I'll reiterate that this is supposed to be a bloody team to play, both for and against. Yes, the linos will likely die in droves. In response, the hemophages will kill many as well (including recruitment possibilities!) Plus, with universal regeneration, the team's longevity is markedly increased.

And again, TTM is simply another tool to add to the arsenal. It may not be a very effective tool, but like throwing a pass with a stunty, it can have it's time and place, such as a lino projectile to slam into the enemy.

See Edit #5
gudamor

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2013 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

If any of these players rolls doubles, would anyone pick a Mutation? The A access players would probably want a G skill. The G access Hemo's would probably want an S skill. And the Bloodletter would definitely get either Block or Tackle.

Why not get Mutations on a normal skill roll?
Palorrin

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2013 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

The mutation idea seems to have merit... and doesn't look (at least at the moment) to be too overwhelming of an improvement. However, as stated in the team name, this is a Khorne based team. As I recall (and I could be wrong,) Khorne usually only supported limited mutations, and usually along specific lines (horns and claws). I felt a little odd giving regen to the team in the first place, but rationalized it as the players replenishing themselves off of the blood of their enemies. While I'm not discarding the idea out of hand, I'd like to both think about it as well as hear more opinions on the idea of mutations on basic rolls.
 Jump to: