18 coaches online • Server time: 07:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CaptainKrunch

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Before Arabic Sorcerers discovered the means of binding and controlling desert daemons, the Arabians were mostly nomadic, traveling from one oasis to another and relying on raids and trading for food. Once the powers of the Djinn were able to be harnessed, cities were built, and Araby flourished.

Unfortunately, many of the Djinn that the Sorcerers are able to control are either too weak to be of use building cities or protecting valuables, or too free willed to be bound to magical artifacts.

Instead of releasing these Djinn from their duties, one bright sorcerer decided it would be great fun to watch them fight in out in the Stunty pitches, and created the first match of Blood Bowl between the Djinn for the Sultan to watch. The Sultan enjoyed it so much, that he declared stunty Blood Bowl a national pasttime and pays to bring teams from around the world to play against his best Djinn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Djinn
These diminutive spirits are too weak or free-spirited to be useful to their masters at anything else but blood bowl, and they aren't even particularly good at that either.
0-16 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff A 40,000

Street Rat
In Araby, if an orphan is caught stealing on the streets, he is branded for the first offense. A second offense means being sold away as a slave, mostly into labor camps. Some will be bought by Blood Bowl coaches instead, their nimble fingers bringing an tactical asset to the team.
0-2 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Strip Ball, Sure Hands A 60,000

Whirling Dervish
When a holy man breaks a religious vow, he goes to the Blood Bowl pitch to atone for his sins. If he dies on the pitch, he is then forgiven. Because of this belief, the Dervishes dive into battle with the strongest foes, hoping to have their life ended.
0-4 6 3 1 7 Dodge, Dauntless, Ball and Chain, Secret Weapon (8+) GS 80,000

Marid
The strongest of all Djinn, these were introduced to the Blood Bowl pitch when the Sultan realized that there was no reason at all to have teams consisting of only the weakest Djinn. Unfortunately, the difficulty of controlling these Djinn makes it impossible to field a team of all Marids, but a few make a great asset to any Arabian team .
0-2 5 5 1 9 Always Hungry, Thick Skull, Loner, Throw Team-Mate, Mighty Blow, Wild Animal S 130,000

Elephant Bomber
A coach decided once to put a djinn on a elephant and give him some bombs. The rest, as they say, is history.
0-1 4 5 2 9 Loner, Bonehead, Bombadier, No Hands, Mighty Blow, Prehensile Tail, Thick Skull, Sure Feet, Sprint, Stand Firm, Juggernaut, Secret Weapon (5+) SP 110,000

Apo: Yes
Re-rolls:60k

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Captainkrunch's thoughts on the roster

Djinn
Looks an awful lot like a Goblin. Which isn't much of a bad thing.

Street Rat
Both specialty players don't have stunty. This one is the ball getter on both offense and defense, but without stunty so he can't just breeze his way through a million tackle zones to get to the ball carrier/ball.

Dervish
Norse Blitzer with lower strength and Dauntless instead of block. Also no stunty, so can't blitz through easily to tastier targets. No protective skills to start with so will probably die early and often.

Marid
It was either this or an elephant, and honestly I really want the elephant, but would probably be OP. This guys looks good too though. Just a faster, more expensive troll, really. But I still want an elephant.

Edit: Dervishes changed to become B&C. Elephant added.
Edit2: Removed some skills from elephant and reduced price. Dervish made S3 and given dodge.

Last edited by CaptainKrunch on %b %16, %2013 - %21:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

How can you possibly have a whirling Dervish that doesn't whirl? B&C screams out for such a player. Imagine a bunch of relatively low ST B&Cs.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

how can you possibly have an araby team without a bomber?

(someone had to say it).

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha I honestly didn't even think about B&C, that would be really fun. If I gave them ball and chain, the strength would change to 3 or 4 then, but what speed should i give them? 5 or 6 would be fun, possibility of tons of people getting knocked over. Or getting himself knocked over. Would probably make it 0-4 in that case too. I also just have no idea how I'd price that.

And I won't lie, it passed through my mind too pythrr, but political correctness won out in the end. Maybe a Djinn mounted on an elephant who throws bombs at people? Sounds fun to me.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the most interesting option would be ST2 B&Cs. That'd give the team a hook, a novel feature to set them apart, which they sorta lack at the moment.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

but S2 B&C's aren't actually useful players, unless they start with block and dodge (which, seems.. unlikely). Their simple presence on the pitch virtually guarantees that you are going to be shortmanned as soon as they do anything, whether hitting something, or getting hit. Knocked down = KO is simply too big a negtrait unless you have the S and the AV to avoid being knocked down easily.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

how about a Djinn flying a plane that is a bomb?

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, yeah, amusing but not useful. It'd probably need other changes too. How about ST2 B&Cs with Dauntless & Block? That'd be appropriate for a Dervish. Or possibly ST2 is just a terrible idea.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Elephant Riding Bomber Djin
They found an elephant and some bombs, guys!
0-1 2 5 2 9 Loner, Strong Arm, Accurate, Thick Skull, Bombadier, Bone Head, No Hands, Horns, Sprint, Sure Feet, Prehensile Tail S 150,000

And, what Nelphine said. Even S3 or 4 would be a bad match-up against any team with a big guy. Blodge would fix it and also be super interesting. Any thoughts about it? Something like this:

Whirling Dervish
0-4 6 4 1 7 Block, Dodge, Ball and Chain GS 90,000
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

no, if you go S4, you can't give it block to start (see snotling teams with their splatta wagon. They work out quite well, even with S4 and no block OR dodge).

If they were S3, they could start with dodge. If they were S2 they could start with block and dodge, but giving ANY stunty player block to start is a little excessive.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

also: elephants aren't slow. Make that monster MA 5 (5 5 2 9), although I'd drop the sure feet. Or make it MA 4 and keep sure feet. I'd also take off accurate; shooting or throwing ANYTHING from an elephants back is not easy. Strong arm is reasonable since you're up so high, but accurate is not. He'd probably also need a secret weapon roll, and a price drop because of it. Then toss in stand firm and juggernaut and break tackle and mighty blow. Also elephants are almost always key focuses of armies, and the people on them tend to be well trained and/or quite important. Give him P access as well. Basically.. he's a death roller with bombs.

So..

Elephant With Bombs!
0-1 4 5 2 9 Loner Bone Head Bombardier No Hands Strong Arm Horns Mighty Blow Prehensile Tail Thick Skull Sprint Sure Feet Stand Firm Juggernaut Break Tackle Secret Weapon (5+) SP 110,000
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh. Even before gaining any skills, he's got so many they wouldn't fit in the box on the client...

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well he is an elephant with bombs. I don't think anyone would actually have to SEE the skill list - they would just innately know that he is a monster already that can do EVERYTHING!
Gromrilram

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

i think the originally posted team lacks something that gives it "its" place. its not bad to have goblins with 2 bigguys, true, but the 2 different positions also dont make it very interesting.

i dont like the idea of creating an araby team with bombs. i dont see anything where it comes from that i could approove.

BUT: i like the idea of having a lot of ball and chain guys with low strength - could there be a way to balance the low st and get them some guys?
dont have a feeling for it but maybe give them some low ST guards? the djinn summoners?

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, how about this for Elephant BOmber?

0-1 Elephant Bomber 4529 Loner, Bombardier, Wild Animal, No Hands, Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, JUggernaut Secret Weapon 5+ S (P doubles) 110000

Seeing as it's a bombardier that is just as if not more effective as a standard big guy, I think this might be better.

Also for the Dervish

Whirling Dervish: 6317 Dodge, Sure Feet, Sprint A (G on doubles)90000
 Jump to: