51 coaches online • Server time: 17:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mephistodragonbane

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2013 - 05:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there, I just finished my second game with my Chaos Halflings http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&team_id=729468]my team

Both my minotaur's skilled and a normal linesman did too.

I gave tentacles to one minotaur.
the other rolled a double and opened up a whole new can of worms. (3,3)
my linesman got a normal roll But I'm unsure which way I should be taking the team? I've never played them before.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2013 - 05:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I meant to say, thank you for any advice, (I was thinking block for the mino double?)

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2013 - 05:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Give him tackle. And jugg as second skill.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2013 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

For the normal skill on the fling, I'd consider Extra Arms, to start making a ball carrier. The other option would be to wait for a +AG for ballcarrier, and then I like DT, SS or Two Heads. If Two Heads, then Big Hand next. Even PT is OK, doesn't leave you prone and lose movement, like DT. With 2 saws, you won't always want to blitz with the spawn, so I'd probably go Block over Tackle/Juggs, but opinions vary.
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2013 - 06:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Two-headed stunties are great. 2+ dodges everywhere. I'd go Block on the Spawn. Tackle and Juggernaut seems great until keep rolling 1's when you blitz.
maneetti

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2013 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I think block is way better than anything else. Its very rare, that anyone in los got block, so it doubles the chance to get a dice that gets lino down. Agreed that you really wanna blitz with saw.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2013 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

yup, on most teams, big guys want tackle; but tentacles > tackle for preventing people from running and block ~= tackle for hitting things (especially when not blitzing because one of your other 4 super blitzers wants to blitz that turn), and block is much better than juggs for blocking, and for defending.

gotta take block on chaos halfling minos.
Mephistodragonbane

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2013 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm definitely going for block incase I never roll a double again lol.

I'll go for extra arm's and make myself a ball carrier. (hopefully)

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I usually go 2 heads first on the ball carrier to get him to the ball, then Big Hand, and then XArms. Those are the three normal skills though for a C'Flng baller. Going the Xarms/Big Hand route works too, just pray for +AG later. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 04:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I would have went for Tackle personally because killing the Stunties is easier spps which means your next skill is that much closer. The effectiveness of block can be negated by the opponent having Block whereas Tackle will always negate Dodge. Very Happy
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

But when you roll both downs, you're left with a Loner WA on the floor, who has to Frenzy Blitz to reliably get up, with only 2 MA left...

Tackle assumes success, Block prepares for failure.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

more important: block + tentacles means that even if he has block and you dont get him down.. next turn you just do it again. tackle + tentacles means.. you fall to the ground, and he runs away if you dont break armour.

again, if he doesn't have M access, then, hell yes, take tackle. M access changes everything.
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:

Tackle assumes success, Block prepares for failure.

I will present the other side of the coin.

Allways assume success, especially with a tackle mino in stunty....Who cares about failure?...it is stunty and the only way you are punished for failure is with the foul....take your chances.

it is stunty.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 06:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm. The only way you are punished is with the foul? And the chainsaw foul, the bomb on a prone player, the failed armour roll on a both down, or allowing the other team to score/being unable to score yourself, leading to a loss...

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 07:43 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
Hmm. The only way you are punished is with the foul? And the chainsaw foul, the bomb on a prone player, the failed armour roll on a both down, or allowing the other team to score/being unable to score yourself, leading to a loss...

This is what I call way over thinking....Tackle on a frenzy ST5/MB Big guy with tackle is death on freaking wheels in Stunty. Not even considering the ST5 F/T/J/PO/C mino.

If I was concerned by the above ways I might lose a stunty match....well I would not play...it seems a loss is around every corner. I would be to paranoid to play a match.