36 coaches online • Server time: 10:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

First things first, howdy!

I am looking forward to the crazy Stunty ride. Shadow has done a great job with Stunty and I am just looking to expand on that as he simply doesn’t have the time. It doesn't mean that Stunty will suddenly be overflowing with new rosters for Bogeys and ponies.

I wanted to lay out a rough guide to the future of the Leeg so everyone has an idea of what is to come. Keep in mind that over the next few months Stunty will undergo some minor changes here and there to the rosters to tweak it to ensure we maximize the blood-soaked, bone-crushing mayhem that is Stunty. Some of your players may experience some slight changes, no whining allowed…

1. Initial changes

There will be some changes to the rosters and skills to fix a few positionals that changed a bit with CRP and regulate a few others. These will be the only changes at this point until after the Necromiser’s Nightmare. Those changes will be:

a. Forest Goblin – Stikkas: remove Secret Weapon

The original intent of the stabbing players in Stunty is no SW. If the Stikkas become too strong this way it will be re-evaluated later. It did not seem to be a big issue during the games before 1.0.0 was released.

b. Eshin - Night Runner: remove Secret Weapon. Change to AG3

The Eshin don't have any BGs or much of anything going for them. To me their thing is the assassin bit, so having AG3 NRs that can go anywhere with Stunty and stab people without getting caught makes sense. If this makes the Eshin too mobile it will be re-evaluated.

c. Horrors - Wyrms and Flamers: remove Secret Weapon from the Wyrms and Flamers

As per the roster design.

d. Squig Herders - Squigs: Add S access on a normal roll. Add Claws.

They need a bit of a boost to make up for the RSC loss. This will help them kill their own team mates better as well. I want the Squigs to reign as the murderous, yet unwieldy, beasts they are. Wink

e. Skryre – Deathroller: remove G access on a regular Rolland make it a double. Rename to Doomwheel.

Just didn't make sense to have G access on such a player, especially with Mechas having G access. Name change to reflect the position.

f. Faeries - Treemen: remove Loner

To help a woeful team. They are Faerie folk and friends of the trees so it makes sense for them to commune with other forest creatures and suffer no Loner penalty.

g. Faeries - Pixies: MA8

To account for loss of the VVL MA boost and give the Faeries some hope (before they get crushed into the turf.)

h. Snotling - Pumpwagon: change to AV9
Pumpwagons should not be easily taken down by a Goblin with a stick in their hand.

i. The 4 star players with SW will be given SW rolls so they are not automatically ejected.

j. Nurglings - Beasts and Plaguebearers: Add Disturbing Presence to account for the original single skill being split into two skills.

N.B. I toyed with the idea of AG2 for the Mechavermin, but with the Doomwheel losing G access and the Slaves having the lifespan of a gnat, I think the team needs something to rely on. The Mechas will get a much closer look when the full team re-evaluations begin.

2. Necromiser’s Nightmare!

Shadow has it up and open for applications. Get your teams in and get ready to go for October 10th! Synn is selling slightly used bod bags at a reasonable rate. Might want to stock up.

3. Roster Assessment

After the tournament we will have a much better grasp of the strengths and deficiencies of each team. Hopefully we will have a wide array of teams represented in the tournament to help this process. (hint) Each roster will be discussed one at a time and I will make an assessment if any modifications need to be made. This will for the most part not include wholesale changes to the rosters, but minor tweaks. In many cases it is likely rosters will be left as is.

4. More tournaments

In there somewhere I am sure Shadow can dig up some more mischief for the Leeg to get into.

5. New Teams

Once the dust has settled and the rosters are solidified there will be an opportunity to look at adding new teams. This will not be a fast process, and it will never be more than one at a time as it is discussed and tested. As much as I love a number of the rosters I am not looking to add rosters just for the sake of it. They will need to offer something new to Stunty and meet the fluff & fun requirements.

Last edited by WhatBall on Oct 04, 2012 - 21:26; edited 2 times in total
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I've noticed snotlings still have two heads instead of titchy. Is this intentional?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Great news, I like almost all the tweaks, although 2 Night Runners on the Eshin doesn't seem enough (they are an Assassin team according to the fluff, Assassins stab a lot, you know), and they have no big guys, so they rely on the Night Runners to deal damage.
polardragon

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks good to me. My Skinks are in the Nightmare.

Having played Squigs, Skyre, Chaos Flings, Forest Gobbos and Cheaters I am looking forward to seeing some of the more obscure rosters.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

huuuuuuuuu hot changes!!!
those horrors and eshin are going to be STRONG!!!
like all the other changes too
(excepting maybe the pumpwagon new AV... u can allways stick a stick on the weels!!!)
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

@ Mr. F: They will likely become the same as the CRP Snotlings upon reassessment. For now 2Heads does the trick well enough. I want to take a good long look at the effect of Titchy players in Stunty.

@Matt: Eshin will be quite strong with those two AG3 stabbers now and a lot of speed. Again, something to look at later, but they will not be weak. They are much better than they look on paper.

@PD: Hope I play you a lot in the tourney, you are curse playing me.

@Gronx: The Pumpwagon can still go down to a stabber and obviously it will leave the field if knocked over or the stab breaks the AV. At AV5 one stab and the Pumpwagon is off the pitch. Think of it as an upgrade from sill putty wheels to wood with steel binding. Wink
SillySod

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
I want to take a good long look at the effect of Titchy players in Stunty.

Woah, woah, woah! Steady on.

I think its pretty clear that the division is called the "stunty" division. That has always been the fluff and anything else would be an aberration. Titchy players should be 0-2 at most.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Whatball wrote:
4. More tournaments

In there somewhere I am sure Shadow can dig up some more mischief for the Leeg to get into.

already looking at cherrypicking something from the past for the new year, and tossing around some ideas for spring Wink...i think 4 per year should be a nice round number...

--j

ImageImage
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Losing SW on the flamers and Wyrms will make Horrors way too strong. They're already a damn strong team anyway with 2 S3 and 2S5 players all with bombs, decent MV and 2 with leap. Having a team with bombs without SW seems a bit much to me.

All the other changes sound fair enough to me. I do still think the Mechas need Ag2/1 though and i really don't think just taking away G access on the doomwheel is enough, that should be common sense anyway.

But other than that the changes are good.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

you haven't played horrors very much have you?

--j

ImageImage
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh. Snap. What an awesome development.

Just two things...shouldn't the Slave and Snots deathroller-thingies have SW? And do they blow up when knocked over like they used to?

LOVE all the other changes. Time for my Fairies to start busting some heads again. (Although Squigs being just two skills away from jumpup clawpombers is frightening! They'll be the team no one with a high AV legend wants to play).

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Better than how squigs are now being the team that everyone wants to play against.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I do also feel that Strigori need some kinda boost. Every game i;ve played against a team of Strigori they've been very underwhelming. But maybe they're just one of those really hard to use but devastating when used properly teams.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and shouldn't putrifiers be switched to Extra Arms from Big Hand? They need that badly.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

The changes look good for my herders, can't say any thing for the other teams, yet to play for/against them.

Claw isn't real game breaking in an AV7 environment they also have AV7 themselves so not too hard to depitch, and having ST access will be nice But again they end up killing their own team mostly anyway.

Good job Shadow & co.
 Jump to: