29 coaches online • Server time: 13:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Synn

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Theme alone should not be a reason for a team to exist. Especially when their selling points amounts to "they do hypno gaze like fairies, stab like eshin, and tents like Nurgle".

I like Forest Goblins from back in the warhammer days. I would like to see a team based on them.

__Synn
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the forest gobbos, they are the ultimate trap and kill team, all about isolating the little guys and stabbing them until they stay out. You can't win a game if you can't make any movement forward and get stabbed in the face when you do.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
I like Forest Goblins from back in the warhammer days. I would like to see a team based on them.

__Synn

Spider riders, shamans and Forest goblins is how they were. The tentacles and stab things not particularly but they make them very tricky and interesting to play against.
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2012 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Just had a look at the pygmies, everyone has Right Stuff but no player with Throw Team Mate? Bit odd.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2012 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Corvidius wrote:
Just had a look at the pygmies, everyone has Right Stuff but no player with Throw Team Mate? Bit odd.

maybe they have a star player that can TTM ?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2012 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

A couple. Gong and Cusi, however they're both 200k plus. Found out about non ttming pygmies the hard way.

However I don't think it's a bad bad thing, I'm quite happy with them not having it. Scoring doesn't seem to be a problem. They need a few improvements though.
ErobererZim

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2012 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Pygs be an intresting Team but there have to much players without dodge, and a life of an stunty player without dodge is not the longest. In my mind Eagle and/or the Jaguar warrior need Dodge, and the Alligator is totaly useless in my mind, he is pretty slow good he have AV8 and ThickSkull (but stunty), for losfodder not bad but without Dodge he be so fast eaten by the BigGuys and Dodge without dodge and Ag2 isnt the best what is it with Foul Appearance, when no Dodge on em at start.

And what is with the Gnoblars? Gnoblar Heroes? Str2 and/or DP at start? Or what in my mind be better give the 3 Big Guys free and Set the Trapper on max. 2..
Now there be only weak Fairies.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2012 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Agree with you on eagle and jaguar warriors. Disagree on Alligators, they are fine as they are, and most definitely useful.

I have had limited experience with Gnoblars, but they looked pretty well balanced to me.
Synn

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2012 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Leave aside balance for a second (I know this is hard), but what exactly do the Pygmies bring to the table? Do they have a good mechanic? What is their mechanic, shadowing? Are they enjoyable to use?

Also, is their fluff good?

I would love to see the team redesigned to include good blitzer type players, base linos with VLL and leap, and the kroxes.

Something like this to replace the Jaguar warrior:

0-2: Headhunters

5 2 3 7 dodge, right stuff, leap, very long legs, horns, claw

__Synn
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2012 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing the shadowing is to mimic tracking. However I think removing it would do wonders for the team. Lowering the lino price by 10k and giving the opportunity to give the jaguar warrior something decent.

The only real use I have found for the shadowing is causing mayhem on the los, when the oppo is rolling pushbacks.

Keeping the animal theme is good imo, it's great fluff. Give the eagles dodge to start with, remove the shadowing across the board, and remove the sprint and shadowing from the jaguar warrior and give him something useful like dauntless.

Last edited by harvestmouse on %b %27, %2012 - %19:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2012 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

ErobererZim wrote:
Pygs be an intresting Team but there have to much players without dodge, and a life of an stunty player without dodge is not the longest. In my mind Eagle and/or the Jaguar warrior need Dodge, and the Alligator is totaly useless in my mind, he is pretty slow good he have AV8 and ThickSkull (but stunty), for losfodder not bad but without Dodge he be so fast eaten by the BigGuys and Dodge without dodge and Ag2 isnt the best what is it with Foul Appearance, when no Dodge on em at start.
Take a shot everytime he says the word dodge.
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2012 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

It was watching (and playing against) HMs pygmies that made me notice it. Shadowing is really quite handy against horrors but I reckon TTM on the Krox would help a lot. Throwing a Shadowing player next to someone is pretty cool. The Eagle Warriors are fast, Mv 7 in Stunty is like lightning and Leap on 4+ is an interesting option.
Duder

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2012 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Shadowing occasionally does nice things for the Pygmies, but generally is not worthwhile. I would welcome its removal for a price reduce.
Aflo

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2012 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

There's something to be said about flavour for flavour's sake however...
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2012 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely voting for reuniting the whole Ogre family in the Gnoblars team. And should they, against the odds, become too strong, then downgrade something else instead imo.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
 Jump to: