36 coaches online • Server time: 12:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2015 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I just saw a guy throw a hissy fit and concede because his star player got killed. I can understand people getting frustrated with Blood Bowl at times, I sure have from time to time, but the Stunty Leeg is no place for that crap. I don't get why these idiots make Stunty teams, teams with average AV of 6 and ST of 2 plus Stunty, and have meltdowns when one of their guys gets killed. I see it time and time again, even in Stunty tournaments. These people need to get straight out banned from the Stunty Leeg. They shouldn't be playing Stunty in the first place. I said a long time ago that the Stunty Leeg needs a big warning disclaimer that Stunty is more about killing guys and causing mayhem than winning games and skilling players up. It's supposed to be the divisions for just having fun and goofing around. These idiots that concede when a guy gets killed or sign up for tournaments and skip every turn because someone got hurt do not belong in the Stunty division. Ban 'em for life.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2015 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I think even in Stunty people get attached to their players if they have good skillups or they spent time on their background. Just because you tell them it is Stunty so you can't get upset probably doesn't help. Also people play to win in stunty, as they should. Just with a bit more mayhem than normal on the way.

But still, they shouldn't be throwing a hissy fit about any player death in any team! A little moan maybe Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2015 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty is like L. As long as you don't do it in an Official Tournament, no one gives a crap, as it is not a competitve division.

But yes, such coaches are lammers.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2015 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, and OT: I am fully in favour of "Stuny" bans. Taser the buggers!

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 05:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in favor of stunty bans, particularly for stikkas. 10+, really?

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
AegisTheHyena

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, really. If you play against me, you can count on 10+ every time all the time. Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 07:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Is that Mr. Furious living up to his name?

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 07:45 Reply with quote Back to top

o0

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with GaryT. However Mr F makes the best stunty icons on the planet, this makes his view on any stunty subject, super right and correct. Ban them all!!
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I stopped playing regular blood bowl when I discovered stunty. Precisely because it's less serious. To me, it's all about having fun. Sure, I'll always try to win, but it's as secondary aspect. You're playing a game with someone else to share a good time, and the chaotic, inherently risky and quite silly nature of stunty seems to me better suited for that purpose compared to the "more chess-like" crp version.

But that means that your star players can die easily and getting mad over that is already silly by regular blood bowl standards, let alone in stunty. Sadly, a minority hasn't realised that.

However, I still see stunty as a somewhat competitive division. It's still more about winning than about killing guys.
luckyjim12

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2015 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I would post, but the Syron has said everything I wanted to say. Well done sir.
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I just saw another rage quit. Ban him!!!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Ban who? Mr. Rage Quit?

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2015 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

was it my game? if so i agree: it was a massively lame concession.
 Jump to: