40 coaches online • Server time: 18:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Pentalarc

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2013 - 05:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a designer at heart in all the RPGs and such I do. This is no exception. So I had this idea for a roster bouncing around in my head for a while and here goes. Let me know if you think it's overpowered/underpowered/boring/fascinating/pie, etc.

Chaos Dregs

What happens when Chaos has held reign over a reason for a long time? When the land, it's resources, and it's people are twisted by mutation, insanity, poison, and Chaos? When the average citizen lives on a steady diet of warpstone, strangely colored talking food, and gallows humor?

Chaos dregs are the result, twisted, stunted, and mutated to the point where it is difficult to tell what their ancestors were. Now, they are beings of Chaos. The second highest honor among them is to become a fanatic priest of one of the Chaos Gods, giving them the ability to boss the other dregs around. Some even become able to summon lesser fiends of chaos, not the best that the realms of chaos have to offer, but certainly something big and scary. The greatest honor of course, is to become a hero on the bloodbowl pitch. After all, if the big, strong less-messed-up servants of chaos can do it, why can't the tattered dregs of Chaos "society" do so as well?

Number, Name MA/ST/AG/AV, Skills, Skill Selection

0-16 Dreg 5/2/3/6 Stunty, Dodge, Right Stuff M

0-2 Fanatic of Khorne 5/3/1/6 Stab, Stunty M,S

0-2 Fanatic of Slaanesh 6/1/3/6 Claw, Stunty M,A

0-2 Fanatic of Tzeentch 5/1/4/6 Stunty M,P

0-2 Fanatic of Nurgle 4/2/2/8 Regeneration, Stunty M,S

0-1 Lesser Fiend: 4/5/2/8 Mighty Blow, Bonehead, Thick Skull, Throw Teammate, ,Always Hungry M,S

Final, as far as I know, stats:

0-16 Dreg 5/2/3/6 Stunty, Dodge, Right Stuff, Foul Appearance M 40k

0-1 Fanatic of Khorne 5/3/1/6 Stab, Frenzy Stunty Foul Appearance M,S 70k

0-1 Fanatic of Slaanesh 6/2/3/6 Claw, Dodge, Stunty Disturbing Presence M,A (doubles G) 60k

0-1 Fanatic of Tzeentch 5/2/3/6 Stunty, Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, Disturbing Presence M, G 70k

0-1 Fanatic of Nurgle 4/2/2/8 Regeneration, Stunty, Foul Appearance M,S 60k

0-2 Lesser Fiend: 4/5/2/8 Mighty Blow, Bonehead, Thick Skull, Throw Teammate, Regeneration,Always Hungry, Foul Appearance, Disturbing Presence M,S 120k

Apo: Yes
RR 70k

New, updated probably also non-final roster:

0-16 Dreg 5/2/3/6 Stunty, Dodge, Right Stuff, Foul Appearance M (A) 40k

0-1 Fanatic of Khorne 5/3/1/6 Frenzy, Stunty, Wild Animal, Mighty Blow, Foul Appearance MS (G) 75k

0-1 Fanatic of Slaanesh 6/2/3/6 Claw, Dodge, Stunty Disturbing Presence MA (G) 60k

0-1 Fanatic of Tzeentch 5/2/3/6 Stunty, Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, Pro, Disturbing Presence MG (P) 75k

0-1 Fanatic of Nurgle 4/3/1/8 Regeneration, Stunty, Foul Appearance, Stand Firm MS (G) 65k

0-1 Lesser Fiend: 4/5/2/8 Mighty Blow, Bonehead, Thick Skull, Throw Teammate, Regeneration,Always Hungry, Foul Appearance, Disturbing Presence M,S 120k

0-1 Cult Leader 5/3/3/7 Mighty Blow, Claw, Hypnotic Gaze, Stand Firm, MASP (G) 120k

RR 70k

Last edited by Pentalarc on Sep 22, 2013 - 01:07; edited 2 times in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2013 - 06:54 Reply with quote Back to top

too many positionals.

otherwise, promising.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2013 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely Khorne should have frenzy? And regen on at least the Fiend. And with not much dodge and no G access and av6 the team will wilt in a hurry.

Otherwise looks reasonable...at least compared with most roster ideas.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2013 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Why is Tzeentch represented by AG4 and P access? I don't see it at all. Just because you want the team to have a passer?

I could see Hypno Gaze maybe (magical aura), or Leap (bounding Horrors, bird imagery), or Pass Block (reading the winds of fate to predict the pass), or Bombs (Flamer, Firewyrm), or probably others, but P access?
Pentalarc

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2013 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmm. . .better?

Number, Name MA/ST/AG/AV, Skills, Skill Selection

0-16 Dreg 5/2/3/6 Stunty, Dodge, Right Stuff M

0-2 Fanatic of Khorne 5/3/1/6 Stab, Frenzy Stunty M,S

0-2 Fanatic of Slaanesh 6/1/3/6 Claw, Dodge, Stunty M,A (doubles G)

0-2 Fanatic of Tzeentch 5/1/3/6 Stunty, Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze M, G

0-2 Fanatic of Nurgle 4/2/2/8 Regeneration, Stunty M,S

0-1 Lesser Fiend: 4/5/2/8 Mighty Blow, Bonehead, Thick Skull, Throw Teammate, Regeneration,Always Hungry M,S
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2013 - 07:39
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I still agree with pythrr that there are too many positionals. and shouldnt only ONE guy get the greatest honour? maybe only 0-1 for each fanatic and add a second lesser fiend.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2013 - 07:43 Reply with quote Back to top

but 4 of those positionals are S1, and so are arguably worse than the linemen. Similarly, the nurgle guys are agi 2, and don't come with dodge, so are also arguably worse than the linemen.

with that roster I could easily so only using 5 positionals to start, and picking up the second nurgle only when the first one had skilled a bit.

So while normally positionals are obviously better than linemen, on this team, they aren't (except khorne). So, I don't think it's a problem to have so many at all.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2013 - 08:18 Reply with quote Back to top

If ever there was a team concept where blanket foul appearance would fit this is it. Not only are they disgusting dregs, but it would help their survivability.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2013 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, what about this. I was worried about it being overpowered.

0-16 Dreg 5/2/3/6 Stunty, Dodge, Right Stuff, Foul Appearance M

0-2 Fanatic of Khorne 5/3/1/6 Stab, Frenzy Stunty Foul Appearance M,S

0-2 Fanatic of Slaanesh 6/1/3/6 Claw, Dodge, Stunty Disturbing Presence M,A (doubles G)

0-2 Fanatic of Tzeentch 5/1/3/6 Stunty, Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, Disturbing Presence M, G

0-2 Fanatic of Nurgle 4/2/2/8 Regeneration, Stunty, Foul Appearance M,S

0-1 Lesser Fiend: 4/5/2/8 Mighty Blow, Bonehead, Thick Skull, Throw Teammate, Regeneration,Always Hungry, Foul Appearance, Disturbing Presence M,S
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2013 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO you need to have 2 lesser fiends, change the fanatics to st2 minimum and to balance that change them to 0-1, afterall you could then have both big guys, all 4 fanatics and leave room for a minimum of 5 dregs. I'd also lose either the stab or frenzy on the Khorne fanatic as both couldn't be used at once (I can understand if you wanted to keep both as it would be a way of not making the frenzy a compulsory follow up and 2nd hit, but that's not the idea of that skill).

Any suggestion on costs and apoth and RRs etc

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2013 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

mr-maverick wrote:
IMO you need to have 2 lesser fiends, change the fanatics to st2 minimum and to balance that change them to 0-1, afterall you could then have both big guys, all 4 fanatics and leave room for a minimum of 5 dregs.

I second this.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2013 - 18:13
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

gjopie wrote:
mr-maverick wrote:
IMO you need to have 2 lesser fiends, change the fanatics to st2 minimum and to balance that change them to 0-1, afterall you could then have both big guys, all 4 fanatics and leave room for a minimum of 5 dregs.

I second this.

Thirded
Pentalarc

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2013 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, how about this:

0-16 Dreg 5/2/3/6 Stunty, Dodge, Right Stuff, Foul Appearance M 50k

0-1 Fanatic of Khorne 5/3/1/6 Stab, Frenzy Stunty Foul Appearance M,S 70k

0-1 Fanatic of Slaanesh 6/2/3/6 Claw, Dodge, Stunty Disturbing Presence M,A (doubles G) 70k

0-1 Fanatic of Tzeentch 5/2/3/6 Stunty, Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, Disturbing Presence M, G 70k

0-1 Fanatic of Nurgle 4/2/2/8 Regeneration, Stunty, Foul Appearance M,S 70k

0-2 Lesser Fiend: 4/5/2/8 Mighty Blow, Bonehead, Thick Skull, Throw Teammate, Regeneration,Always Hungry, Foul Appearance, Disturbing Presence M,S 120k

RR 70k
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2013 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

dregs would be 40k, not 50k
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2013 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

slanash and nurgle should probably be 60k as well.
 Jump to: