72 coaches online • Server time: 23:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do Halfling Pros need a change?
No, they're good as they are now
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
One punter and two borrowers with G access
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Only one borrower with G access
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Only one catcher and two borrowers with G access
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I'm done with them, I wanna play Halfling Cheaters
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
I only play Stunty when I'm drunk and wanna play Tavern Pact
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

Crook666

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2013 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well as you know I am a devil of a Stunty coach and I play lotta games. Play lotta teams, too, because the fun is different with every roster, and wanted to give a try to Halfling Pros twice. 1st team I retired after 1st game, the other I keep running. I spectated lotta Fling Pros games as well, and played lotta games VS them with this Eshin Team I wanna bring to next S.P.L.A.T. . I'd like to bring my Fling Pros too, but i know they'd be manslaughtered.
Eshin are not the most powerful team in Stunty, yet I keep destroying Pros just like in this game. They keep dying as flies, they rely only on TTM to score, the Punter looks quite useless and the Borrower must put himself in risky business with little hope to succeed. As you know, no matter how pro they are: Stunty is 80% bashing and 20% ball game, and this team has almost zero bashing power. They must hope in rolling doubles, but even so at high TV they'll lose bad. I was sad when I found out that my last opponent retired his team, but probably that was the right decision, and I foresee lotta Pros teams will suffer the same end.

Now I think some changes should be done. For example

1) we could have just one punter and 2 borrowers with G access

2) or we could have only one borrower with G access

3) or only one catcher and 2 borrower with G access.

4) or you could admit this team is no good and replace him with the far better an funnier Halfling Cheaters

5) If ya really wanna a team that sucks the big one but at least is funny, you can always bring Tavern Pact to life and watch people bless you for a lot of laughts and crazy actions.

Seriously, I know you're not gonna accept my proposal on teams, but Halfling Pros are bad as they are now. And they're not so funny as they seemed to be, besides. So I add here a poll, I could be wrong and maybe people is enjoyin' them, but that's not the feeling I got talking with coachs. I always work for the sake of the Leeg, even if nobody changed my coach photo, so pardon me if I mind of business that maybe don't concern me. If we have to keep these Pros in Stunty we must be able to play them with chances of winning and having fun, otherwise they won't live long.

Well, tell me what you think.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2013 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

looks like they destroyed you in this game Wink - https://www.fumbbl.com/p/match?op=view&id=3485371

I strongly disagree that they rely on TTM to score. I have played 3 maybe 4 games with them and I have only done 1 TTM and that was in the last turn, just throwing my fling at an opponent player for the lols.

I also disagree that punters are useless. Kick is an amazing skill to have in Stunty Leeg because it is so rarely taken, as it required G access normally. It has great tactical benefits. Also HMP albeit a pretty useless skill does have some uses on defence. If they can get a loose ball and punt it down field to run down the clock that is a really nice tool to have at your disposal. Again, not something I would ever take a skill, but still a nice starter skill.

Again borrowers are a great threat, yes they put them self in harms way from time to time, but St2 strip ball is huge in a division with very little guard. Especially with Ag4 guys running about.

I strongly disagree that they are a bad race too. I think Moot Guard are amazing, St3, dodge and Stand Firm makes them amazing at holding up players. The tree is not much use I have to say, he might get 1 or 2 cas a game if he is lucky, but he doesnt get involved in the game much tbh as he is so slow and most teams have more big guys or are too fast to pay him any attention. However he is useful for emergency TTM attempts if you must do this.

I think the only place Pro flings will find life hard is at high TV, but that is true of all the non heavy bash stunty teams. teams like these - Eshin, Forest goblins and Albion Fae are all top tier at low Tv imo but may struggle at high TV, but I dont think that is a problem really. Normal Bloodbowl also has many teams like this, such as Norse, humans etc....

Sorry to go on Crook, I think your a really nice guy and a fun coach to play but I think you are way off here. Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2013 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

No problem, Garion, i just had this feeling and wanted people's opinion. I still stick to my idea that we'll see very few Pros team in majors, or even reaching a high TV before people get bored, but only time will tell. I myself will try to build a good Pro team and I hope to be wrong and you're right.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2013 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I do think they will struggle at high Tv. unless they get a few doubles where it counts. But not all majors are high Tv. one of them is for rookies and would expect to see a number of flings in that one, and probably a few in the exploding cup too as TV isnt that important in that one iirc (though may be wrong here)

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2013 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The team seems pretty strong to me. They might play just a little bit too much like a real roster. But it's probably still too early to tell how they'll fit in.
Rog

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2013 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

If they really needed a buff (which I'm not sure of) then it should only be giving [G] to the tree (maybe in exchange for adding loner since he is an elitist prick).
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2013 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe a poll option of: It's WAY too early to tell!
Crook666

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2013 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Maybe a poll option of: It's WAY too early to tell!

i totally agree. just keep this thread in mind, just in case. As i said, i really hope this team can do good in the Leeg.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2013 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

WAY to early to tell!
The clear runaway poll winner.