38 coaches online • Server time: 12:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Duder

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2014 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks much, just what I needed.
Inforthepain

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2014 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I am running a local TT Leeg and I wounder if there is a list with all updates that have change since v1.0.1? Trying to stay updated but its hard when the information are spread out.

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2014 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Any idea when the inducement costs will be corrected for stunty on FUMBBL?

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2014 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

fenbeasts, y u no use this portrait as default?
source: https://fumbbl.com/help:AlbionT (edited for transparency)
Mori-mori-mori

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2014 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I checked some discussions below and found out that WhatBall, who, presumably, is responsible for Leeg development in terms of rules and rosters, promised in feb 2014 that he will actualize handbook asap (he mentioned some issues IRL) so that it contained all the recent tweaks to rosters, and will add some more tweaks in the future. From what I can see, handbook is still (as of end of 2014) outdated atm and isn't synchronized with actual rosters existing in the system. Is he still around and struggles to maintain the Leeg?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2014 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

He struggles to maintain sanity.

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2014 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
He struggles to maintain sanity.

Good luck with that Very Happy
And tnx for your hard work anyway, this league is awesome.
harvestmouse

Post 8 Posted: Dec 28, 2014 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Shut up, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
Mori-mori-mori

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2014 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Shut up, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Well, I don't. Do you care to elaborate?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2014 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

You've been a member here for less than a day and your questioning what whatball is doing or has done for the site.

The truth is, there aren't that many contributors. So the main contributors tend to do pretty much everything here. Within the last month, we have had a release of a new client. This meant that all the icons needed reformatting, new animations, and new icons. Who do you think oversaw and did the majority of work on this?

Whatball is by far the best Stunty manager we have ever had (no slight on Shadow who is great at organising Stunty tournaments) and the division would be nothing like what it is now without him. If you are suggesting we need a new Stunty manager after less than a day of membership, I'll ask 'Who the **** you?' with such cheeky bullcrap.

The Stunty handbook isn't overseen by Whatball, but is his invention. It took an awful lot of work to get that going. So you're hinting that if he's busy we should replace him? Hahahaha that's ridiculously funny? Care to suggest somebody who has; The talent, the dedication, and will stay the course and be here in 6 months, 2 years or 4 years with the crap you have to put up with from the majority here who do nothing but complain? Go on, tell me, who is that person?
Mori-mori-mori

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2014 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
You've been a member here for less than a day and your questioning what whatball is doing or has done for the site.

Can you quote me criticizing him or anything? I simply wanted to know is the project still alive and is the person who [presumably] is in charge (I've got this impression from serveral discussions I've been studying) still around and cares about it, because I like the idea of the league and became curious will it be developed further or not. Take it easy, seriously.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2014 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Mori-mori-mori wrote:
Take it easy, seriously.

+1

Nothing in his original post was a 'call-out', a questioning of leadership, or a suggestion that a change is warranted. It was just an honest question from a new and excited player looking for answers that are not discoverable without tons of research thru long-dead threads.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2014 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Mori-mori-mori wrote:
I simply wanted to know is the project still alive... ...because I like the idea of the league and became curious will it be developed further or not.

Welcome to the site Mori-mori-mori. I've seen you reasonably active on the forums in the few days since you've joined. I hope you manage to get some time to enjoy some actual games soon - they are the best part of the site.

Harvestmouse is a veteran of the site, and has sacrificed much of his time (and perhaps sanity - depending on who you ask) in the past to help Fumbbl. He's one of the guys that knows heaps of obscure fluff, and overall the site is a much better place for his participation. He does however have a fairly severe case of either Ex-Admin PTSD or grumpy old man syndrome. We still love the mouse.

Harvestmouse's reaction to your earlier post in this thread is of course the age old problem of internet forums - where text can often lack the tone and context required to convey the intent behind the post. Without the bit you've later added, your first post could be seen as a bit of a slap in the face if the reader chooses to focus on an implied mismanagement or neglect of stunty.

As you find your feet in Fumbbl you might want to take an extra moment before submitting each post to be sure that you are clearly communicating as intended - and that there is no room for misunderstanding.

Additionally, I'd suggest you have a look at the IRC channel #fumbbl. It's less active than in the past, however the impression I of have from your posts is that you'd really enjoy chatting with some of the older guys to gain more of an understanding of where fumbbl is at, and where it is heading in the future. Asking some of your questions in that channel might get you better answers.
Mori-mori-mori

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2014 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunenzed wrote:

Welcome to the site Mori-mori-mori. I've seen you reasonably active on the forums in the few days since you've joined. I hope you manage to get some time to enjoy some actual games soon - they are the best part of the site.

As I already mentioned, I've played (and continue to play) BB in Cyanide's system, and registered here only to try Stunty Leeg after discovering this extremely well made guide. So I've been spending my time mostly viewing some replays to get a feel how plays look like here, to the moment.

As for the rest of you post, I just want to say that I don't bear grudge against Harvestmouse, I've been to the internets long enough to be accustomed to such misunderstandings/rage outbreaks. I also admit that my english skill is far from acceptable level, so it won't contribute to ease of communication too. Thats why after root cause of misunderstanding was discovered I just tried to ignore this incident and leave it as it is, I don't very fond of the fact that I've dragged so much unwanted attention to myself now too. Thank you for your invitation (to IRC channel), but I'm actually not so talkative person and prefer to read, and ask only when it's really hard to find an answer; also, in my case (mind my level of english) it's much easier to lay out my thoughts on forum, than during almost real-time communications via chat systems. I'll just try to be more specific with my questions in the future.
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2014 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Your English is great, and welcome to the site Smile