16 coaches online • Server time: 06:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Hmm
Sounds nice.
67%
 67%  [ 70 ]
Not nice.
6%
 6%  [ 7 ]
I'm gonna go with pie for now.
25%
 25%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 103

Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2013 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

ilpars wrote:
For Plain of Zharr: Orcs, Chaos and undead all have unlimited slots in their own leagues. For fluff reasons Orcs have to be here but others there is no fluff reason.

Undead, Orcs and Chaos can all be found in this area. Even a lot of them. Amazons seems completely missplaced. Fluffwise.
The pact make sense tho. I'm thinking pro elves, pact und underworld will never be infinite races anywhere because they are scrambled together by design. But I might give pact even 2 or 3 slots here.

I see the point in putting amazons here but fluffwise they are really completely out of place, sorry. I'd love to add more zon teams but am not sure where to put them.

The best place would be really lustria but there they just destroy everyone else.

Goblins totally make sense fluffwise but Dwarves and Stunties just are a really terrible terrible mixup. I'm leaning towards going away from this and not adding more of it.

As for the special teams, they'll be introduced very carefully one at a time. Next season we might see a new team like that for Karaz Ankor (our step child nation). I appreciate however the input and might come back at those suggestions later. It's not entirely up to me.

Overall I think we have plenty enough teams in all existing nations to open up a new one. On top of that people still will be able to apply to the existing nations and overcrowd them more. So it's good to have some other place to go.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2013 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Goblins totally make sense fluffwise but Dwarves and Stunties just are a really terrible terrible mixup. I'm leaning towards going away from this and not adding more of it.

Dwarves in a nation of (mainly) stunties are terrible, but the other way round? If goblins fit fluff-wise and someone really wants to play goblins in a chaos dwarf league - I see no reason to stop him (aside from a limit to foreign races maybe).

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2013 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Also since we are talking about the future, I'll put in here some thoughts about what I'm mind juggeling right now with.

Balancing, keeping the fluff together, making all the mechanics work we put in place and make them still work if we change something is a bit of a challenge.

Next season we will double the amount of main event participants. We have this rule in place for travelling teams, wich i believe is fine, there at least wasn't any negative response to it.

In the future we will have two qualifying teams but only the nation winner would have to leave his nation. While I consider this an appealing goal, others may feel different about it and opt for second place. (Qualfy and avoid travelling)
For that reason I added already a rule that starting season 2, the nation winner would be able to use his influence to send the nations other main event participants on travels if they are a non infinite race (and he isn't going to travel himself). The ultimate punishment to have to go travel before you even won your medal (or possibly a much needed support for a non infinite race to get out of some bad spot).

So, right now we have the three edged sword challenge wich is: 4 times 3 nations batteling it out. The result are the following number of main event participants:

4 nations bring 3, 8 nations bring 2 + the mood brings another 2, for a total of 30. Plain of Zharr adds the final 2 teams and we are on 32. But at the end of season 2, plain of Zharr is going to want to compete in the three edged sword challenge, so what to do? (We only have 8 times 4 = 32 spots to give out for the main event)

I'm thinking season 2 we could do this: The worst performing nation in the first 3ESC and 'the moot' battling it out for a second spot. The losing nation gets only 1 spot instead of 2 in season 3.

But now we have 1 spot too little in season 3. So, we add another nation season 3, give it only 1 spot and let them battle it out with the losers of the 1 spot group and the worst performing nation of the last year and we have a fifth group of 3, and the numbers still add up.

I get that it is a bit confusing to follow what I'm saying here.

My point is this: These mechanics, every change to the rules has an intricit effect on something else, so I need you to be aware that these effects limit our options.

So here is another scenario: We up the main event slots even further in season 3. Instead of groups of 4, we make groups of 5, only 2 teams make it through group phase and qualify for the finals.

That would prolong the main event from 6 games to 7 in terms of lenght. As a result we would have 8 groups with 5 teams = 40 teams. If we do that we have to think again about how to distribute them. Lets say we have 15 nations at that point. All nations get 2 spots, 5 3ESC for a third spot. We get a total of 35 spots. So, now we have 5 spots we don't know how to distribute. I'm thinking one spot could be given to the former world champion, wich leaves us 4.

But what to do with these other 4 available spots? Lets say we make one group of pro 3ESC nations: 3 3 team nations battling it out for a fourth spot + another 4 3ESC groups competing for a 3rd spot, gives us a total of 6 3 team nations and one 4 team nation. 8 2 team nations + 6 3 team nations + 1 4 team nation + 1 world champion equates a total of 39 qualified teams and we are still one team short to make the 40.

Also I remind everyone that if you think you have a real good idea, you can get a couple of people and petition it. I'd love to see that play out at some point.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2013 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, almost forgot.

This is a trophy I made for the winner of ogre kingdoms..
ilpars

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2013 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

All nations do not have to have same number of slots in the future. Like we are doing this year, larger nations or more successfull ones can have more teams. And I suggest limiting main event (world finals) to 32 teams. How can we accomodate more teams in a single city anyway?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2013 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

ilpars wrote:
All nations do not have to have same number of slots in the future. Like we are doing this year, larger nations or more successfull ones can have more teams. And I suggest limiting main event (world finals) to 32 teams. How can we accomodate more teams in a single city anyway?

Illbars, that's what the 3ESC is for. It determines the amount of teams a nation can bring.

But that can't be done just randomly either. The system we use is very fair, very balanced. It fixes a lot of problems for the format but it is limiting us in how we can distribute more teams to the main event in a certain way.
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2013 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Also since we are talking about the future, I'll put in here some thoughts about what I'm mind juggeling right now with.

An option for a few extra slots in the championship is to reserve them as wildcard entries. All non-qualifying teams that play all their games go in a lottery to get the final wildcard spots.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2013 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

What a last match for the Chain Breakers in this season! Second win (for a respectable 2/2/2 record), first touchdown for the +AG minotaur (he picked up with a roll of 4, so definitely needed that boost), first (and second) death of a player from their team. Also the first time that Animosity failed, and in a crucial moment as well.

Read the extended match report!

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2013 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Now for the Draw.
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2013 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

So the last group is... Ulthuan, Badlands, and Karaz Angkor? Poor high elves.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2013 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

And thus it begins... not only the international battle for the World Cup, but also the challenge that is the Three-Edged Sword Contest.

For Naggaroth('s downfall)!

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2013 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello! I would like to join the WCS with my Necromantic Team.
I guess Land of the Dead is the right Nation?
Do I have to apply now or do I have to wait for a new season?
latulike

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2013 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Kraka Decayed Jarls clinch main event group stage qualification.

The foreign norse tribe seperated from the others who had to face the Ogres in the National phase, had a tough challenge in the main event phase. Indeed, the Jarls had to face the ferious Ork tribe coached by Pythrr, some fouling Dark Elves led by the so experienced coach C3I2 and finally, none the less, the pombing High Elves from Jimmy "Kill all Menz" Fantastic.

The Jarls had to control the rythmn in each game, where they couldn't either bash nor elf as they like in every game. Which explains the 2 ties.

The clear winner of the main event group A will be known as soon as Pythrr and his Stone Crows wins or loses against C3I2's darkies. Stay tuned.
ilpars

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2013 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you noticed? 2 Lustrian teams will probably face each other in the final match.
ThePeoplesChamp

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2013 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

ilpars predicted it and it came true, Lustria are world champions!! the only thing to be decided is which team. more on this later!
 Jump to: