12 coaches online • Server time: 06:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2013 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Marauders are a max of 12 too aren't they? If it were me, I'd allow them to have the 2 line rats. All are AV7.
B_SIDE

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2013 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Marauders are max 12? I didn't realize that.

It's fine. I can play thru the season and see where things stand. I have a Troll, after all.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2013 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The Graceful Ballers played their first match (match report) against a somewhat developed (regular) wood elf team in the FUMBB[L] Cup: Massive Edition. They lost spectacularly, but after the first half there was still quite some hope...

Looking forward to more games, even if probably not too soon. Loving my team already. Smile

Question: Is there a limit to how many games an infFRIENDS team is supposed to play (and therefor develop), or a TV limit if it wants to play in the next season of infBOWL?

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2013 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Question: Is there a limit to how many games an infFRIENDS team is supposed to play (and therefor develop), or a TV limit if it wants to play in the next season of infBOWL?

No, but to join to next season, the team's TV have to be around the average of current teams.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2014 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear coaches!

Official public recruiting of Season II has been started!

The infBOWL (aka. Inferior Bowl) is a linemen-based round-robin championship for a maximum of 24 teams, one of each race. Linemen-based means that most teams allowed to buy linemen only. However, mercenaries are allowed for all positions which results a new kind of TV management, since Star Players are not allowed unless the team has a Star Player Contract.

Currently infBOWL is one of the largest round-robin tournament on FUMBBL, and its first season is slowly rolling to its final. Yes slowly, since there are two weeks maximum for each match to get played and usually some play their games right before the deadline, or even after it risking the banhammer on them. Some may feel the pace of the tournament a bit slow, but I believe for a RR tourney with such a size (ideally, 12 matchups per round) have to let its members enough time to avoid complications. Even so, I had to ban five coaches from the group forever during the season. The bright side of this, that we ended up with thirteen coaches who provide a good basis for the second one.

We all agree in the group that for most fun we should have all races there, so Season II is not going to start until we have all the 24 coaches needed. We are really looking for coaches who have the patience for this league since banning someone clears his/her results retroactively that messes up the tournament which is not fun. You've not seen a real football club to quit in the middle of a season right? I really don't want to ban anyone in Season II.

I also introduced some custom rules for Season II to help stunty races a little.

If you feel this league fits you, you are very welcommed to join to Season II! Please follow the instructions of the "Application" section of the group page. Assume the next season starts in three months the soonest. We gonna have some breaks between seasons. Yep, this is not a superfast league. Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2014 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2014 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello there. orcs applied to infFRIENDS
Immeli

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2014 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Is Underworld still free to take? I want that spot!
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2014 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

@xarogobar: The spot is yours. However you should play at least two League matches until the start of Season II. That is months from now so there is not a hurry yet.

@Immeli: Yes it is free, just make a compatible team (0-12 Underworld Goblins, 0-2 Skaven Linerat, 0-1 Warpstone Troll) and join it to infBOWL Friends.

Last edited by SzieberthAdam on %b %25, %2014 - %17:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2014 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Immeli took Underworld.
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2014 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear coaches!

New info for anyone who is interested in joining to the second season of this unique league!

Zooms was banned from the group so the Skaven spot is available!

Yugzilla missed his deadline the third time so Lizardmen spot can be challenged! This means he may have to defend his spot against the winner of the challengers in the next preseason. If interested, you can find more info in the Application and Season II/Preseason sections of the group page.
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2014 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Yugzilla left so the Season II Lizardmen spot available to take. Check group page/Application if interested.
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2014 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Season I is approaching to its end, so I made my prognosion for the rest of the matches and the final score:

R13 Vampire (Madmin) vs. Amazon (bghandras): 2
R13 Norse (MrPeakie) vs. Goblin (mRmU): 1
R13 Slann (AdyBrooke) vs. Halfling (Dalfort): 1
R14 Goblin vs. High Elf (Throweck): 2
R14 Chaos (BillBrasky) vs. Slann: 1
R14 Human (mike467) vs. Dark Elf (Winni): X (!)
R14 Necromantic (SzieberthAdam) vs. Halfling: 1
R15 Vampire vs. Slann: X
R15 Chaos vs. Norse: X (!!!)
R15 Human vs. Necromantic: 1
R16 Vampire vs. Goblin: X
R16 Amazon vs. Halfling: 1
R16 Necromantic vs. High Elf: X
R17 Vampire vs. Norse: 2
R17 Chaos vs. Dark Elf: 2 (!)
R17 Slann vs. Amazon: X (!)

Final score prognosis:
1. Amazon (bghandras): 16 + 3 + 3 + 1 = 23
2. Norse (MrPeakie): 15 + 3 + 1 + 3 = 22
3-5. Chaos (BillBrasky): 13 + 3 + 1 + 0 = 17
3-5. Human (mike467): 13 + 1 + 3 = 17
3-5. High Elf (Throweck): 13 + 3 + 1 = 17
6. Dark Elf (Winni): 12 + 1 + 3 = 16
7. Necromantic (SzieberthAdam): 9 + 3 + 1 = 13
8. Slann (AdyBrooke): 7 + 0 + 1 + 1 = 9
9. Vampire (Madmin): 6 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0 = 8
10. Goblin (mRmU): 6 + 0 + 0 + 1 = 7
11. Halfling (Dalfort): 3 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 3

The Amazons are surely win the trophy if they win all their matches. If not, Norse and Chaos can catch them with a good performance. They even play against each other which is probably the most interesting match of the season. I expect a massive competition for the third place. Oh, and seems like Slann have the bigest chance to stop the Amazons, so don't miss that match!
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2014 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest for next season we drop the rounds to 7 days. I think people lose interest in such a long tournament; especially with so many rounds.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2014 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

That could get me into trouble. But I would go with it, risking a perma-ban if it doesn't work out for me. Better than losing 1/3 or so of all coaches during the season.

Jump to: