35 coaches online • Server time: 13:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Crescat

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2015 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey FUMBBL community.

Just a quick question:

What happens to the active tournaments and teams when I, as the admin, disband the group without deleting the tournaments first? Is there any way to retire or delete the teams that are still scheduled in the group tournaments?
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2015 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

i think, all tournaments are deleted and teams freed.

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2015 - 15:03
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Currently, tournaments get orphaned and teams are still stuck. This is something I need to fix.

What I suggest is forfeiting remaining matches and ending the tournament first.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2015 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Currently, tournaments get orphaned and teams are still stuck. This is something I need to fix.

he knows best!

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2015 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Crescat wrote:
Is there any way to retire or delete the teams that are still scheduled in the group tournaments?

I believe you can "replace team" as currently scheduled, then they are free.

On a related note - is there any way to start a 2nd Tourney (Post-season championship w/ a subset of the teams) while other teams in the League are still finishing their regular season Round-Robin? Or does the old Tourney need to be resolved 100% before that's possible?

Also... the format of APE is that half the teams play the other half - I'm using an Open Round Robin with a hand-written schedule. But at the end of the Season, half the game are unplayed (Simyins teams don't play Simyins teams, and vice versa w/ the others). Do I have to forfeit ~all~ those games by hand, or can I just "end tourney" and call it good?

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2015 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat, you can make multiple tourneys inside of groups. So, if teams are not scheduled to play they be placed in other tourneys.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2015 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Then I'm guessing it's b/c they haven't "finished" the grid, Ape v. Ape. Thx.

koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2015 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Technically you can have a team in two events at once. But don't do it. It can cause bad things to happen. Mr. Green

You can end an open RR at anytime. You do not need to manually forfeit the remaining games.

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2015 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Technically you can have a team in two events at once. But don't do it. It can cause bad things to happen. Mr. Green

I believe you shouldn't do it, but I'm not seeing how it would be done. Teams that are still "active" in an ongoing Tourney are not listed to be inserted into the new one.

Quote:
You can end an open RR at anytime. You do not need to manually forfeit the remaining games.

Yeah, but the RR is not over for all teams. Confused

koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2015 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
koadah wrote:

I believe you shouldn't do it, but I'm not seeing how it would be done. Teams that are still "active" in an ongoing Tourney are not listed to be inserted into the new one.

But if I've said "don't do it" why would I tell you how? Twisted Evil

Smeat wrote:

Quote:

Yeah, but the RR is not over for all teams. Confused

I suppose you'll just have to wait.

It would be cool to be able to have teams in more than one event at the same time. But I can imagine that it might take a fair bit of thought and work to make it work without problems.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2015 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
It would be cool to be able to have teams in more than one event at the same time. But I can imagine that it might take a fair bit of thought and work to make it work without problems.

I guess it would be easier if the teams are in no progression.

A RR and a Cup could be held simultaneously, for example.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2015 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
koadah wrote:

I guess it would be easier if the teams are in no progression.

A RR and a Cup could be held simultaneously, for example.

No much I think.

If two teams are both in two events the system will need to know which event they are playing in.

Most leagues probably won't want this so you will need extra options added.

The system is probably assuming "one tournament only" in some places. They'll need to be sniffed out.

But yeah, being able to run League and Cup simultaneously would be very cool. It would make scheduling much easier.
Also inter league challenges.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2015 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
If two teams are both in two events the system will need to know which event they are playing in.

This doesn't really seem dramatic to me. The systems already knows to which tournament a certain game belongs.

koadah wrote:
Most leagues probably won't want this so you will need extra options added.

I'm not sure what do you mean by that, and how there is a cause-consequence here. I guess some coding would be required, though.

I was just fantasazing anyway, but since C showed up in this thread, it might make him think about it Razz

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2015 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:

So at the moment i have no possibility of getting rid of the teams stuck in the tournaments?
Just asking because me and 2 friends each have 8 teams at our home screens which are scheduled against each other what makes it somewhat confusing.
And since i have no option to edit the tournaments because the group is disbanded, all we can do is schedule and reschedule the matches....
I guess my fault for disbanding the group without really thinking about it. Sad
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2015 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

i would suggest you to submit a ticket (help->support) stating the problem and the name and link to all teams involved. I'm sure some admin will kindly fix your problem.